Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
I have gone through 1 set of winters scorps in two winters and am on my second set of 3 season oem tires in 19k miles...sorry for the confusion...my worn current winter tires hydro badly after 60mph..I drive mixed roads but do have many higher speed curves and do generate some decent loads...at least thats what she said馃ぃ

Registered
That still seems like your tires are wearing way too fast. 19k miles but you remove them in the winter. I would have gone with another, better rated tire.

Registered
I went with Michelin Sport A/Ss. Love them. Quieter and do much better in wet conditions than those overpriced Perellis.

Registered
I just turned 33k miles on my '18 and replaced the Pirelli's with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s. Have run these consistently on several of my cars (I live in CT) and they've been quite good in all weather. The ride difference is stunning. FWIW, I also added a full size spare (extra stock rim) as I don't want to be stranded with no spare and no runlets.... Was a 10 minute exercise to add the factory mechanism to the truck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
I just turned 33k miles on my '18 and replaced the Pirelli's with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s. Have run these consistently on several of my cars (I live in CT) and they've been quite good in all weather. The ride difference is stunning. FWIW, I also added a full size spare (extra stock rim) as I don't want to be stranded with no spare and no runlets.... Was a 10 minute exercise to add the factory mechanism to the truck.
You can fit a full size spare under the cargo area? What size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Yes. Full size wheel sits under there just fine. 20x10 stock rim and stock 295/45 tire.

View attachment 109282
Awesome! Wanted to make sure it was someone running a 20x10 295/45/20 setup and not a 20x8 265/50/20. I may try to find a way to flip mine so the face of the wheel isn鈥檛 facing the road and be vulnerable to road debris.

Registered
I don't know that there's enough storage for the cable to flip the wheel face. The unit housing may not store that length. I sprayed mine with plastidip or similar to protect the rim face. FWIW - the underside back there was quite clean when I went under there. I live in CT and drive this in all weather/all conditions. Don't think a lot will get tossed onto the rim.
No need to remove any shields etc. Remember - this is the factory part that would go there if the truck had the spare tire option from the factory. You'd store you flat full size tire under the truck so it had/has to fit. Saw a couple questions elsewhere on this board about adding the spare and none of them fully outlined the process/steps with pics. I did take pics and could throw up a DIY if there was interest.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
I don't know that there's enough storage for the cable to flip the wheel face. The unit housing may not store that length. I sprayed mine with plastidip or similar to protect the rim face. FWIW - the underside back there was quite clean when I went under there. I live in CT and drive this in all weather/all conditions. Saw a couple questions elsewhere on this board about adding the spare and none of them fully outlined the process/steps with pics. I did take pics and could throw up a DIY if there was interest.
Good call on the plastidip! I would like to see a DIY if you had one handy

Registered
You are missing the heat shield that wraps around or essentially makes a U shape around the tire to prevent the tire from blistering from the exhaust.

Registered
Do you have a part number for it? If I'm running in a way that tires are actually blistering from ambient/radiant heat to that extent, I think I'll have other issues as well.:)

Registered
We're running the Parada Spec-X on ours and they were fine in snow. We had two sets on our Trailblazer SS and figured they worked well there, might as well run them on the DDSRT.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts