Considering the price of new cars now, and some used vehicles, If I were you I would not replace her. Especially since you have the lifetime warranty. I have heard a rumor from the dealer mill, @ some point you will reach a price point/work needing done, and Mama Mopar could buy you out. I am not certain on any of that, but we like the lifetime warranty package, and hope to keep our DD Citadel as long as possible. As long as a used one has not been totally beat on, I feel even a used DD can go for many miles. Keep good brakes, oil changes, and a decent set of tires, she'll run out good.Adding another high mileage data point to this thread:
Still runs and drives fantastic, but the original rear shocks need to be replaced. Load leveling shocks have serious sticker price shock. No plans to replace this vehicle anytime soon, especially with the Mopar lifetime warranty.
- 2014 AWD SXT+ (V6) just hit 164K miles
- 80% of miles are easy highway miles with a small amount of light towing (under 2,000 lbs.)
- All preventive maintenance done on schedule. Full synthetic oil changes every 6K miles
- Transmission never flushed
- Issues to date covered under Mopar Lifetime warranty
- Radiator leak -- radiator replaced.
- Steering rack leak. Very minor leak -- replaced because it was covered by warranty. Not sure I would have done this on my nickel given how minor it was.
- Oil pump replaced: Was stuck in high pressure mode
- Racetrack light failure after water intrusion
- I'm not certain what the above items would have cost out-of-pocket, but I'm guessing around $4K. Paid $2,095 for Mopar Lifetime warranty.
- Issues not covered under warranty
- Moisture in front headlight