·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
Yes, you missed it. I saw it in my Google feed a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT 392 Lightweight vice white, Mopar springs & exhaust
70 Posts
Rhetorical question.

How can a Mopar edition not have any Mopar performance parts, such as the Mopar exhaust, Mopar lowering springs, or even a cold-air intake (not sure if they make it for the 5.7 liter)?

It seems to be, literally, badges and stickers, despite the fact that Mopar does actually sell a couple performance parts for this vehicle, and which were installed on the 2018 Mopar edition.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
Yeah, I was only slightly surprised that the Mopar '22 didn't have the Mopar Performance exhaust and lowering springs as the '18 had, but they are so greedy now that this is no more than the Hemi Orange fluff package - which doesn't even get a Hemi Orange paint option. They know they can get people to spend 6 grand for SRT type mods to the 5.7 platform so why not get 4 grand for lipstick with 4 basic paint colors available. Squeeze this year for all it's worth.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
382 Posts
I like the color combination, but not for the money. This was first announced almost a year ago but I never heard more about it and I thought they squashed it

·
Registered
313 Posts
I heard about it earlier too. I like the concept and the 'idea' of it but not for what you get for the price. I guess they toss in the power sunroof into the pkg to make you feel you are getting something out of it...
I also noticed they took the 'rims' out of the TnG pkg, mine had the Hyper Black in my pkg, yet charge the same $5995 price for that and then put the rims into the Mopar22 pkg.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
IDK about being a sucker....cars have become fashion statements for many...so if you like the look of that package I don't think you'll worry too much about the value side. I agree with others its a disappointment not having any Mopar performance parts...like at least a cold air intake in the package.
Dodge has been doing this for years now with the Challenger and Charger...offering different trim packages...many with no real hardware changes..ala Porsche 911.
Personally I like it the approach....

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,593 Posts
It's off on both of them. Is that the standard now?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts