Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
@J’sR/T Did you use a factory R/T on the front? Wondering how the tabs fit the grille.

I’ve been looking to do the same with mine, but would prefer a black with silver(chrome) outline to bring it out from the grille like the “DODGE”.

I did find a factory R/T front badge that is red on black with chrome trim I may try.
I got it off of ebay, it looks identical to the r/t badge on the rear, but it doesn't mount like the factory badge.

Behind the dodge badge the grill has a mounting area built into. I was looking at the factory emblems and it seems like the widebody scat pack r/t emblem is a similar size. Maybe it'll mount the same?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got it off of ebay, it looks identical to the r/t badge on the rear, but it doesn't mount like the factory badge.

Behind the dodge badge the grill has a mounting area built into. I was looking at the factory emblems and it seems like the widebody scat pack r/t emblem is a similar size. Maybe it'll mount the same?

I will make a quick note since I have this on mine and it has been through 2 winters now, the metal plates that go on the backside of the grill have both rusted such that it looks pretty awful. If I were to do it again I would probably paint them with flat black Rustoleom or something before I install them.

Reactions: hamada128

·
Registered
215 Posts
I will make a quick note since I have this on mine and it has been through 2 winters now, the metal plates that go on the backside of the grill have both rusted such that it looks pretty awful. If I were to do it again I would probably paint them with flat black Rustoleom or something before I install them.
I have a very similar badge on my Magnum R/T. If your get one, paint it for sure, and then use thread locker or some other means of making sure the nuts don't come loose. I lost one of the mounting plates and a nut because I didn't.

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yup that's exactly what I did, painted the mounting hardware black. I had the same one on my 2018 and it lasted 3 years just fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I just ordered the MOPAR pn 68051383AA R/T grille badge which is for a 2009-2014 Challenger. I liked it b/c it was red on the inset and chrome/black on the trim/surround. I hope it will be what I am looking for. Some of you may know if this is the correct size--I am gambling it is. I still wanted to be able to see it, even though I would prefer my F8 green over the red. Maybe some touch up paint and hand paint it F8 Green? I just may look at that...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I just ordered the MOPAR pn 68051383AA R/T grille badge which is for a 2009-2014 Challenger. I liked it b/c it was red on the inset and chrome/black on the trim/surround. I hope it will be what I am looking for. Some of you may know if this is the correct size--I am gambling it is. I still wanted to be able to see it, even though I would prefer my F8 green over the red. Maybe some touch up paint and hand paint it F8 Green? I just may look at that...
Something like this?

Let us know how it works out. I'm thinking it'll be tough to get it mounted. The challenger grills are flat, where as the Durangos has a curve to it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Something like this?

Let us know how it works out. I'm thinking it'll be tough to get it mounted. The challenger grills are flat, where as the Durangos has a curve to it.

OK. You suckered me into that one too. LOL. The F8 green is exactly what I wanted. So I got one of those as well. I’ll see which one works best. I figured for $13 you can’t go wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got mine on 2/3. Destroyer grey with red/black interior. It looks amazing. It’s my wife’s and she isn’t big into performance but she is absolutely loving it and actually loves the sound of the exhaust. I am surprised how loud it is. Loud in a good way. I have a vette with the factory npp exhaust with the mild 2 wild switch so I keep the exhaust open all the time and the TnG exhaust reminds of that! This package was definitely worth it. The larger tires really change the look of the vehicle as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just got mine on 2/3. Destroyer grey with red/black interior. It looks amazing. It’s my wife’s and she isn’t big into performance but she is absolutely loving it and actually loves the sound of the exhaust. I am surprised how loud it is. Loud in a good way. I have a vette with the factory npp exhaust with the mild 2 wild switch so I keep the exhaust open all the time and the TnG exhaust reminds of that! This package was definitely worth it. The larger tires really change the look of the vehicle as well.

View attachment 113504 View attachment 113505 View attachment 113506 View attachment 113507 View attachment 113508
Beauty, congrats!

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Back of Me Hand congrats man! Sweet pics. Btw, love the huge garage.Is that Polyaspartic floor coating or just epoxy? Either way it looks great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok. Finally had a chance to wash the D and snap a few pics. 1800 miles so far. To date I’ve had a CeramicPro Gold Package applied ($1800), tinted the front windows, tinted the tail lights (Luxe), black Gorilla lugs, Futomo oil drain valve, Amazon Auto mounted forward of the gear selector handle, Weather Tech floor mats front, middle, back and cargo. I plan on installing forward and rear mounted cameras and a cold air intake.
Loving it so far...very happy I went with Octane Red.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did a couple small mods over the weekend. Swapped out the grill badge for a R/T badge. Also swapped the fender Hemi badge for a 345 badge. Need to do the back still, going to leave just the R/T and remove the rest.

Is that black hood painted or like a big sticker?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ok. Finally had a chance to wash the D and snap a few pics. 1800 miles so far. To date I’ve had a CeramicPro Gold Package applied ($1800), tinted the front windows, tinted the tail lights (Luxe), black Gorilla lugs, Futomo oil drain valve, Amazon Auto mounted forward of the gear selector handle, Weather Tech floor mats front, middle, back and cargo. I plan on installing forward and rear mounted cameras and a cold air intake.
View attachment 113516 View attachment 113517 View attachment 113518 View attachment 113519 View attachment 113520 View attachment 113521 View attachment 113522
Whats the deal with Amazon auto?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whats the deal with Amazon auto?
The Uconnect5 comes with the Amazon Auto app, but in order for it to work you have to have a WiFi subscription for your car. That’s pretty pricey...like $50 per month or something. With Amazon Auto’s device ($25 this morning) you can use your phone to pair the device with your car, and have Alexa in your car. I use it mostly to stream music on demand (“Alexa play Who Made Who by AC/DC”). It’s also good for settling arguments while on the road (”Alexa, what’s the body temperature of a sloth?”)

·
Registered
60 Posts
but in order for it to work you have to have a WiFi subscription for your car
You might be able to run a hotspot on your phone and teach the Uconnect5 to connect to the internet that way instead... not exactly ideal, but at least you could use the built-in Alexa app without paying monthly for an extra data subscription.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You might be able to run a hotspot on your phone and teach the Uconnect5 to connect to the internet that way instead... not exactly ideal, but at least you could use the built-in Alexa app without paying monthly for an extra data subscription.
I believe you can do that, though as I understand it (and I’m no expert), using your phone as a hotspot will use more data faster than if you just used your cell service to communicate with the physical Amazon device. You’d also have to turn on and off the hotspot every time you got into and out of your car. With the physical device, once it’s paired to the Alexa App on your phone, you never have to touch it or do anything to it again. You just get in and go. All you need to do is change the source to your phone if you want to use it, which is the same as switching from FM radio to SiriusXM. It’s right there on the main media page, which I usually have up most of the time. But yeah, you probably can use your phone as a hotspot if you really wanted to use the app on the Uconnect without paying the subscription fee, but it will still cost you in data and time. The Amazon device is small and unobtrusive, and is on sale right now for $25. Pretty good deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 113516 View attachment 113517 View attachment 113518 View attachment 113519 View attachment 113520 View attachment 113521 View attachment 113522
That first pic really shows the deep beautiful red. Enjoy!
Im drooling over here .. can't wait any longer to take delivery of mine but with this snow week after week seems I don't know when the dealer will get it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the physical buttons on the dash don't illuminate when the headlights are on auto and activated? I have to turn mine headlight switch to on rather than auto for the buttons to be illuminated.

·
Registered
2021 R/T with T&G
3 Posts
What an awesome looking

Awesome a real beauty. Love the white also with this interior. Was so close to ordering the destroyer gray but went billet. Glad I got the red and premium interior as it really takes it up a notch. Thanks for the pic. You'll see mine next month. Enjoy !

141 - 160 of 171 Posts