Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much did the ceramic coating cost you? Looks amazing!
Typically to have it done professionally on a larger SUV is between $1000 and $2000... its an easier process if you are doing it to a brand new vehicle and probably cheaper. I would give it a try on your own (I did on my Black R/T after 2 years of use) and its amazing. I used CarPor cQuartz 3 UK after about 20 hours of research. Cost for all the stuff (would cover 2 cars) about $150. Plan on a half day for a new car, literally a full day for a used car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the center caps on the Lights Out wheels are gloss while the wheel finish is low gloss? I noticed this in a YouTube video before picking mine up and thought maybe it was an odd lighting illusion. Luckily I have the proper caps for a spot on match.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the center caps on the Lights Out wheels are gloss while the wheel finish is low gloss? I noticed this in a YouTube video before picking mine up and thought maybe it was an odd lighting illusion. Luckily I have the proper caps for a spot on match.
What caps do you have that match? I was looking at that last night. I put some Destroyer Grey colored overlay decals on the center caps. It looks good but I also thought it was weird the center caps were glossy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
What caps do you have that match? I was looking at that last night. I put some Destroyer Grey colored overlay decals on the center caps. It looks good but I also thought it was weird the center caps were glossy.

6CZ27MALAA is the part nunber. They are a low gloss charcoal metallic.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Finally got them installed. Can't believe that MOPAR gets $100+ on these. $12.99. All stainless plus the rubber.

View attachment 113355
How was install difficulty ? I tried to install the oem ones that come with scat pack and the gas pedal was easy but I couldn’t get the brake pedal on for my life. Went back and dealer installed them and it took mechanic half hour and he was pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Got some ceramic tint and had the hood wrapped. Looking mean!

That looks really great! I don’t have tow n go but I took both rt’s and installed stripes. I was going to wrap my sons destroyer hood but wasn’t sure and my stripes came out nice so I just went with them on his too. Since we’re on subject I removed the dodge emblem on both as well. On the 21’s it does leave a slightly noticeable “holder” behind the grill but you have to look close and it’s worth it lol. Here they are.
Ps I hope you don’t mind me posting this here I know it’s not a tow n go but figured it was somewhat relevant lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How was install difficulty ? I tried to install the oem ones that come with scat pack and the gas pedal was easy but I couldn’t get the brake pedal on for my life. Went back and dealer installed them and it took mechanic half hour and he was pissed.

I put some Amazon ones on too. Gas pedal was easy, brake pedal not too bad. I started by getting the bottom/sides on and used a small flat screwdriver to work the top part on. I was worried they were going to be loose since they were only $13 but the fit is nice and snug.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That looks really great! I don’t have tow n go but I took both rt’s and installed stripes. I was going to wrap my sons destroyer hood but wasn’t sure and my stripes came out nice so I just went with them on his too. Since we’re on subject I removed the dodge emblem on both as well. On the 21’s it does leave a slightly noticeable “holder” behind the grill but you have to look close and it’s worth it lol. Here they are.
Ps I hope you don’t mind me posting this here I know it’s not a tow n go but figured it was somewhat relevant lol.

Man the white w/ Black stripes looks good! My 2018 was white, and having Destroyer Grey now is an awesome color. I almost got Vice white but that wasn't "different" enough for the wife.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man the white w/ Black stripes looks good! My 2018 was white, and having Destroyer Grey now is an awesome color. I almost got Vice white but that wasn't "different" enough for the wife.

Yea the destroyer is such a cool color for sure... In The sun it’s like a completely different color. My son loves it... now if I could just make mine sound like a t&g I’ll be all set haha... I’m close to just getting the Mopar exhaust and calling it a day

Reactions: groucho and J'sR/T

·
Registered
77 Posts
The ones I got were fairly easy. Warmed them up in hot water and snap! They went on easy! Gas was a few seconds, the brake needed about 1 minute. I thought I got it wrong because it was so fast. But double checked and it was on right!

@Heat00 Those stripes look great!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was able to get mine on easily. The brake pedal goes on easiest by sliding from left to right. The gas pedal was done with a paint can pry tool to help pick/fold back the rubber around the pedal.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks sweet. The red interior is so beautiful, at least I got that lol...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did a couple small mods over the weekend. Swapped out the grill badge for a R/T badge. Also swapped the fender Hemi badge for a 345 badge. Need to do the back still, going to leave just the R/T and remove the rest.

·
Registered
77 Posts
@J’sR/T Did you use a factory R/T on the front? Wondering how the tabs fit the grille.

I’ve been looking to do the same with mine, but would prefer a black with silver(chrome) outline to bring it out from the grille like the “DODGE”.

I did find a factory R/T front badge that is red on black with chrome trim I may try.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts