Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 80 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have now seen some of the TnG with a body color rear fascia and some with a black rear fascia. @groucho did yours come with the black or did you swap that out? I want the black but when I ordered mine, the TnG package lists "body color rear fascia" in the options list.

·
Registered
68 Posts
@back of me hand AFAIK, the "body-color rear fascia" is listed on all TnG models window sticker and build spec sheet. Mine said it too. I believe other R/T's will have color matched rear lower fascia. If you look at the pictures folks post up of the other '21 R/T's, they all have the lower fascia the same color as the body. That is how I tell if an R/T is TnG on a dealer website without having to check the VIN window sticker. If it has the same color as the body, not a TnG. I may be way off, but it has been pretty consistent so far. The SRT and Hellcat may be the same, but the one SRT on a dealer website in Denver does not list the body-color rear fascia, so I dunno.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here are two examples I was looking at. Both have the rear fascia the same color as the body, and the Window Sticker shows they are R/T with Blacktop but no TnG. I may be way off base, but I suspect many people see the "body-color rear fascia" and assume that the opposite of what I have seen. Mine has the black, and these two have the body color. If there is any consistency, only FCA knows for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@groucho I see what you are saying now! I went back and looked at the ones I saw and I do see the difference now. The ones with the body color lower fascia were R/T's without the TnG package. The ones with TnG that had pictures of the rear do have the black. I hope this holds true as I think it makes the rear seem a little less large. Perhaps the black fascia goes with the SRT exhaust that comes with the TnG package. I guess I will know for sure in 6 weeks when mine hopefully arrives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here are two examples I was looking at. Both have the rear fascia the same color as the body, and the Window Sticker shows they are R/T with Blacktop but no TnG. I may be way off base, but I suspect many people see the "body-color rear fascia" and assume that the opposite of what I have seen. Mine has the black, and these two have the body color. If there is any consistency, only FCA knows for sure.

View attachment 113003

View attachment 113000

View attachment 113001

View attachment 113002
Yeah I hear you as this confused me to and wanted the black rear fascia but on the stickers for the T&G package it says "body color rear fascia" and no mention on the standard RT sticker as you posted which it actually comes as the body color. Who knows why but it definitely seems like a screw up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The pads are the same ones used on Grand Cherokee SRT. If you have Instagram, reach out to @kowperformance and tell him @jb585 sent you. He is the BEST guy to deal with for buying anything car related—especially Mopar.

EDIT: Had to fix name of Kow Performance. Damn IPad correct.
Thanks man he responded very quickly and confirmed the pads i need, went with the Z23’s.

2021 Reactor Blue Durango 392 SRT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks man he responded very quickly and confirmed the pads i need, went with the Z23’s.

2021 Reactor Blue Durango 392 SRT

I’ve been through 4 sets on my 4 scat packs both z23 and z26. Both were great. I guess I won’t need them now since I didn’t get tow n go lol...

Reactions: DD_SRT_REACTOR

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just remembered something else from when we picked up our Durango. The sales guy tried to sell us a key fob alarm thing where it disables the car when it senses a pirated copy of the key fob. Said you go into a grocery store, guy with a sell phone and a sensor can copy the signal your key fob sends out, then use his phone to unlock and drive away in your car. $750. I said no thanks, I’ll have full coverage insurance. He said ok then came back 5 minutes later and said he could cut us a deal on the alarm and give it to us for $350. I said no thanks, we’ll have full coverage insurance. He said ok and left....then came back 10 minutes later and said it actually helps Dodge out if it’s installed on the vehicle so they would be willing to install it for free. So don’t fall for the sales guy trying to sell you any alarms when it comes time to pick up your Durango.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Agree...that's what your insurance is for.
I remember back when it was etched window glass, which made no sense to me...I said the same as you..no thanks I have insurance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was given the typical finance office sales pitch. Extended warranty, glass replacement, key fob replacement, etc.

The craziest thing was, when he was selling the extended warranty, he told me that the manufacture puts the three year timeframe on the factory warranty because they know that there’s going to be stuff that goes wrong. And I thought to myself “you’re actually trying to make me not buy this car because somethings going to break after three years?” That’s not very much of a good sales pitch for the car.

After I watched my wife consider all the options he had in front of us (she’s a little more gullible on stuff like that) which added to the final price of the vehicle, I politely told him that I enjoy working on my own vehicles and I’m not interested in any of it. He questioned that, but went away, tail between his legs. I’m not sure if they’re just playing the odds on a factory order, but I knew exactly what I was paying for prior to walking in to pick my DD up, so that’s how I left it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok this thread is killing me as I wanted the T&G but didn't have that option.... so, I need one of you to upgrade your rims and sell me yours... I'm standing by!

In any case, I love the t&g the more i see it as the red brembos and 20x10's are just beautiful and I can only imagine how good they sound!
If you’re interested I put 22x10 on my wife’s Durango to match my Hellcat. That is they are hellcat replicas on her Durango. Soon as her Durango hellcat comes in those wheels come off. For an enthusiast, I’ll almost give them away. Let me know if interested her HC Durango is supposed to be here in next 60 days although I think it’ll be a tiny bit longer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I definitely love the color combo. The Red brakes definitely tie in well with the interior, and white with black trim just always seems like a timeless color combo, especially for something as aggressive looking as the RT.

I haven't driven any other RT's enough to know if there is in fact a difference, but for being as big of a SUV as it is, it drives much smaller.

Again, I'm coming from a small 4 door sedan, and my wife has a Macan GTS, so I'm used to cars that can zip around. But shockingly enough, this SUV moves like it's much smaller than it actually is, except with more of a rumble than I'm accustomed to lol
We liked it too, put blue stripes on it for a patriotic theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have found the gas nozzle issue myself. The wrong nozzle won’t allow filling using the props. Kind of annoying to figure out when I didn’t know, but now I know what to look for.
Pull it out an 1/8th of an inch. Now I’ve done it so many times it’s second nature. I had the same issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pull it out an 1/8th of an inch. Now I’ve done it so many times it’s second nature. I had the same issue.
Yeah, it works. But I’m still nervous I’m going to get fuel all over the place, lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you’re interested I put 22x10 on my wife’s Durango to match my Hellcat. That is they are hellcat replicas on her Durango. Soon as her Durango hellcat comes in those wheels come off. For an enthusiast, I’ll almost give them away. Let me know if interested her HC Durango is supposed to be here in next 60 days although I think it’ll be a tiny bit longer.
that's very interesting... I'll send you a PM. I haven't even considered those I'll look at them now... I appreciate the consideration and will get back to you in a few

61 - 80 of 138 Posts