Dodge Durango Forum banner
441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 21 Durango R/T Tow 'N Go, DB Black, Black Leath, 2nd Capt
10 Posts
where are you at? Mine has been done since last Friday, still unsure whether it haa shipped or not. My window is 9/16-9/27 according to dodge lol.
Omaha, NE. Ordered at the end of may. I've wondered if on top of the chip shortages if could have been in one of the holding lots that flooded. Dealer hasn't been super communicative during the process.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
50% on the windshield? Must look sick but uts not hard to see out of???
Might just be a strip at the top. To my knowledge, it's not legal to fully tint the windshield in Nebraska. Last I knew you could come down 8-10 inches from the top and up 4-5 from the bottom. That still doesn't leave a lot of clear on a 77 Cordoba. :cool:. Granted, I don't believe it's technically legal here to have matching 20% on the front doors, but that's what most people do including myself.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
It’s the whole windshield. I plan on going back for a brow on the top still. Decided to take the plunge and give it a shot at 50% per the owners recommendation. My last Durango and my Charger just have a clear tint on the windshield. I must say that in daylight the 50% is purrrrfect. And i do drive probably 85% of the time sun up. At night, it’s a little dark. It still needs to dry out more and I’ll clean it on the inside once I can do that. Supposed to wait a week. I know it will be better then. 30% would probably be a great compromise though. I’ll take some pics when it’s not all swirly lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You can do 50% or 35%. Ive done 35 but that is a bit too noticeable and honesty 50% does the job. Once you do a full windshield you never go back!! It’s the biggest window, so tinting that dramatically lowers the temps inside. And doesn’t affect visibility as much, you get used to it right away.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
I keep messing that up. Not 30% on the windshield. Higher than 50% if that was an option. At my shop it was clear or 50% was the next option so I went with it. I’m in Vegas and while the heat is supposed to be over soon for now, it’s still been in the 100s here. I’ve noticeably run the AC on a lower speed to maintain a nice temp inside the cabin.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yup! I did it like 5-6 cars back and have done it to each one ever sense. And that’s that I have a property out in the middle of nowhere that’s pitch black, that’s the only spot I can notice but hey that’s where good lighting comes in, and we’ll not like I’m going 90mph on the trails. Durango WILL NOT be going out there anyways 😂😂

Reactions: OurZoo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, because I'm a weirdo and keep an active autotrader search out there, I found my TNG has shown up on there this morning. Not on the dealer site yet, but I've pulled down the equipment list and window sticker with the VIN. Still not sure what that means for delivery date.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
Your dealer should be able to give you your shipping window. Most likely 2 weeks max if you are on the left coast and less if you are on the right. Congrats!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your dealer should be able to give you your shipping window. Most likely 2 weeks max if you are on the left coast and less if you are on the right. Congrats!
How about right in the middle? 12hr interstate drive west of Detroit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dam thats pretty cool, mine is on autotrader as well but not dealer site haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dam thats pretty cool, mine is on autotrader as well but not dealer site haha.
Funny thing is, ours were ordered pretty close to the same time. I gave the okay on the proposed configuration on 5/27.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your ordered vehicle is posted on Autotrader???
Yep, I've found a lot on there that way to be honest, as well as vehicles listed on dealer sites being listed as a "Sold Vehicle" on the equipment listing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got confirmation from the dealer today that it's in KZL status.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick question. Does the dampening suspension load level to some extent? I don't tow a lot (yet), beyond a 12x6 utility trailer with a JD garden tractor on it, so there wouldn't be a lot of squat. I was just curious. Going to be a big difference with the Rango over the grand caravan.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
Since they are marked sold, they shouldn’t show on the dealer sites. Pretty odd that they are showing on auto trader, but at least it says sold. That was my fear after waiting for months to have the car arrive and get sold by accident.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts