Dodge Durango Forum banner

321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Looking at a couple build sheets in this tread I'm surprised the old (2014) release 8HP70 is still be used instead of the 2nd gen 8HP75 which Ram trucks moved to in 2018-2019.
The V6's have moved to the 2nd gen 8HP50 from the 8HP45...so wonder why the V8's have not made the move?
Wonder how long ZF will continue to offer the older version?

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
117 Posts
I ordered with technology and blind spot. Been in D status for 4 weeks tomorrow.
Just to make your wait worse, my wife factory ordered a 2021 Scatpack Widebody Charger April 26 and took delivery June 3rd. 5 weeks and two days. My factory order DD TNG was ordered August 6 2020 and I took delivery December 16. 18 weeks 6 days. Ugh.

The garage looks better now...

I’m picking up my DD this morning from the shop where I had the HC front fascia/lower splitter color matched and installed. Will post a pic after I pick it up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
New Hellcat lower fascia/splitter painted to match the F8 Green. More aggressive look and stance. Shoulda come standard on the TNG IMHO, but for a couple hundred bucks installed, it’s ok. I know she’s dirty. I need to get her washed again now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I am new here,
I picked up my new 2021 R/T AWD TnG and Blacktop yesterday.....I love it!! I went against the grain and put some new Nitto's on it!! I like it, gives it different look and feel.
edit I see some actually do run Nitto's, just didn't see any in this thread *edit

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
55 Posts
Dang...you plan to go offroad in your T&G???
Lol...nope! Not feelin' the Nitto's either IMHO. Unless you're off roadin' definitely a different look though and I like too see other variations that others are trying.

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
55 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nittos look good to me, it’s a tow no go not a dragster. I plan to put my AWD to use while towing my sxs to my property whenever I can't use my truck. But luckily I should be good with the stock tires but if not I’d probably do the same. Traction!! It’s definetly a personal taste though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nittos look good to me, it’s a tow no go not a dragster. I plan to put my AWD to use while towing my sxs to my property whenever I can use my truck. But luckily I should be good with the stock tires but if not I’d probably do the same. Traction!! It’s definetly a personal taste though.
Yeah I will use it on trails and wooded property, however not looking for mud or stuff like that.

It's different that's what I also like about it.

If/when I get a whipple I would definitely go back to performance tires. Also I live up north and these come in handy in snow.
I respect the opinions...thanks guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I will use it on trails and wooded property, however not looking for mud or stuff like that.

It's different that's what I also like about it.

If/when I get a whipple I would definitely go back to performance tires. Also I live up north and these come in handy in snow.
I respect the opinions...thanks guys.
I think they look killer!

·
Registered
2018 White Knuckle GT AWD
24 Posts
Finally got my TNG!!! Wasn't the one I ordered but I'm still super happy with it!! Only thing I didn't get were the rear TV's and red calipers. Other then that same truck and its awesome!! First things done were the Luxe rear taillight tint and the sto n show front license plate holder for now, should be tinted by this week. And this thing sounds like a beast!!! Even the wife throws it in neutral and gives it a rev at the traffic lights.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Whats the cheapest anyone has gotten the HC splitter??
In reality the part is fairly inexpensive. Even dealer has it for ~$130. Lowest online I found was about $89. There are emblems and badges that are $50-$75 for small items. So I don’t think it’s that expensive a part even from the dealer.
Problem is—can the online place source it? (My local dealer put in the request and they were told 4-6 weeks BO) and will they charge the core charge? And how much is shipping? It is delivered a box the size of a front door to your house. My guess is that even though the box only weighs #20, the size makes it cost $100+ for UPS ground. If you find an online or dealer parts place that didn’t charge you the core you might be saving the most, but my guess is that online will be $89 plus core & shipping and any applicable taxes.

321 - 340 of 355 Posts