Dodge Durango Forum banner

301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
73 Posts
How hard was it to install vinyl tint? I am thinking about having the lights painted by the bodyshop as it will last longer than the tint. I hear it only last 3-5 years max.
super easy, and I hate applying things like this.
even if it lasts five years I’ll spend the $80 again and redo them. Also it’s technically illegal here in Canada so painting is pretty much a terrible idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Car going to get ceramic coated on Monday. getting 35% tint on front windows and getting the rear lights and front side markers smoked. They are sending the lights off to body shop to get painted. Apparently the vinyl wraps on the lights last about 2-3 years tops.I'll post pics later in the week.
I did vinyl, my ‘15 STi has been vinyl tinted since day 1 and the DD will never see the sideways abuse the subie does, vinyl still looks like the day I applied it.

protip- buy luxe vinyl or equivalent, ebay and amazon tint is like dollar store tint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did vinyl, my ‘15 STi has been vinyl tinted since day 1 and the DD will never see the sideways abuse the subie does, vinyl still looks like the day I applied it.

protip- buy luxe vinyl or equivalent, ebay and amazon tint is like dollar store tint.
Thanks but for me, since I am getting the car ceramic coated, i have elected to have them to a lightly smoked on the top brake light, the entire taillight and side markers. Essentially its clear coat with a couple of drops of black paint mixed in. The advantage for me is that they can ceramic coat over the clear coat so its easery to clean after the fact. No need to worry about making nicks in the vinyl when cleaning. I dont have a issue with getting the car inspected and the cops wont break your chops around hear as long as they arent blackout or tinting the headlights or windshield.

If I had to do the vinyal wrap I would have went with Luxe as they are a quality product. Also, they dont have a precut kit for brake light which for me, defeats trhe purposed as it wont match the smoked taillights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also
Seems like you and I are on the samewavelength. I ordered these 2 weeks ago. I got a killer deal on ebay.

16gorilla lugs and 4 locks for $67.95. looks like the price went up to $84 but its still a good deal!

Here are the part #'s you want

66148DBX lugs - each - need 16
96641BDX wheel lock - set of 4

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also

Seems like you and I are on the samewavelength. I ordered these 2 weeks ago. I got a killer deal on ebay.

16gorilla lugs and 4 locks for $67.95. looks like the price went up to $84 but its still a good deal!

Here are the part #'s you want

66148DBX lugs - each - need 16
96641BDX wheel lock - set of 4
yo that’s a killer deal, works out to $120ish CAD. The ones i got were $12/ pack of 4 so $60 CAD and free prime shipping so I pulled the trigger real fast on them lol

I think they should have came from the factory like this honestly the chrome ones def don’t do the wheels justice

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks but for me, since I am getting the car ceramic coated, i have elected to have them to a lightly smoked on the top brake light, the entire taillight and side markers. Essentially its clear coat with a couple of drops of black paint mixed in. The advantage for me is that they can ceramic coat over the clear coat so its easery to clean after the fact. No need to worry about making nicks in the vinyl when cleaning. I dont have a issue with getting the car inspected and the cops wont break your chops around hear as long as they arent blackout or tinting the headlights or windshield.

If I had to do the vinyal wrap I would have went with Luxe as they are a quality product. Also, they dont have a precut kit for brake light which for me, defeats trhe purposed as it wont match the smoked taillights.
For sure Id go the same route as you if our inspections weren’t so stupid and our cops so bored 😂

Luxe does actually make the third brake light pre cut, just gotta add it as a free add on when ordering 👍🏼

agreed on the ceramic coating, I do my own and i’m sure that’s likely what’s kept my subies vinyl so perfect so long

·
Registered
26 Posts
yo that’s a killer deal, works out to $120ish CAD. The ones i got were $12/ pack of 4 so $60 CAD and free prime shipping so I pulled the trigger real fast on them lol

I think they should have came from the factory like this honestly the chrome ones def don’t do the wheels justice
Yea tell me about it. The tailpipes should of came black as well. When I got my Audi s3 2016 I got the black optics package but I needed to black out my tails , all emblems, lugs and powdercoat rims. I mean how stupid is that. You sell a call with half black half chrome ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea tell me about it. The tailpipes should of came black as well. When I got my Audi s3 2016 I got the black optics package but I needed to black out my tails , all emblems, lugs and powdercoat rims. I mean how stupid is that. You sell a call with half black half chrome ?
yes! tailpipes are being done this weekend lol we really are on the same wavelength haha
It annoys me so bad when there’s little bits of chrome left for no real reason, like seriously, lug nuts and exhaust tips, would it have been so hard dodge? 🤨

·
Registered
2014 durango 3.6
7 Posts
Nice upgrade! Bet you'll have wife's keys more than she will. My '15 was this color and I absolutely loved it. Great looking RT.
No she will have the key more than me that's her only vehicle oh, when we drove it home I did tell her I was taking the Durango she was going to get my Jeep Commander, but I like the fwd in the jeep it's the quadra drivetwo, the Durango has more pep n bells n whistles sweeeet ride, got my 15 hellcat for speed n 03 3500 TD for power

·
Registered
2021 DD R/T w /TNG. Granite Crystal. Leather, Sunroof, HK Stereo, SRT Perf Brk Pads,
4 Posts
Hello everyone. New member here, but 2nd DD R/T. Here are some pics of my ‘21 DD R/T TNG I ordered in March and picked up the end of April. Pat

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
55 Posts
Congrats: That looks beautiful, great color too!

301 - 320 of 355 Posts