Dodge Durango Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought the tow n go came with ”black” wheels?
Only if you select the black top package you get the 20-Inch X 10-Inch Lights-Out Aluminum Wheels which are black

If not you get 20-Inch x 10.0-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels which va-terps4 has on his T&G and are not really black ..crazy I know. A beautiful wheel I must say.

Dodge should change the name of these wheels as it is very confusing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If not you get 20-Inch x 10.0-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels which va-terps4 has on his T&G and are not really black ..crazy I know. A beautiful wheel I must say.
I had the blacktop package on my 2018 R/T, and I thought the true black wheels were a little too much honestly. On the 2021's, I really like the design (shape) of the Hyper Black wheel, while I'm not really fond of the design on the Lights-Out. So I specifically skipped the blacktop package on this order... saved me a bunch of cash and ended up with the right wheels.

I agree that the name "Hyper Black" is a bit of a misnomer. But in person, they are definitely darker than silver. The camera seems to make them look brighter than they really are in person.

There are definitely some folks on here who have looked at powder coating these to get a real black, and at least one guy has swapped them for the same wheel but refinished to a black chrome. I really liked the way his came out. Darker than mine for sure, but not a solid black. Frankly, I think his are what people expected when they called the finish "Hyper Black".

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go over that sucker with a fine-toothed comb before you start signing papers. Don't do it at night. Don't do it in the rain. Check the truck interior and exterior. Look for missing parts, stuff that is not aligned, stuff that doesn't look right. It's a great truck - just make sure they put it together right. They seem to be a little "rushed" right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
making some progress on my new DD:

2021 RT DD Tow n Go
Destroyer Grey
Demonic Red Interior
Satin Black partial hood and tailgate wrap
Hellcat front spoiler/diffuser
SRT red big breaks
Newly powder coated satin black OEM wheels
Full front PPF Xpel Wrap
Side marker tint
Weather tech full floor mats
Canvasback liners
3D trunk mat

D4E4170F-08CF-4F3A-99D7-410690CE92B1.jpeg A6561E4B-447A-4937-ABF3-5570C9377E6B.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
16 Posts
Well Played! The satin wrap looks great, wheels look better darker and I really like the added front splitter, do you have a part number for it? Thx.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
91 Posts
Well Played! The satin wrap looks great, wheels look better darker and I really like the added front splitter, do you have a part number for it? Thx.
Here you go from the thread that I found the PN in.

6xq40tzzaa

Read the thread as the part “can” be ordered from several online Mopar stores for as low as $85, but usually they respond with its out of stock, or the shipping was too low, and no matter where you source it be prepared for a $100 “core”. I have mine in order from my local dealer for about $235.

J’sR/T did his to match body color. I was trying to decide if I would do body color or leave it the color of the part to maybe match the trim around the exhaust and tow cover as our TnG’s don’t have the lower fascia matching. While I am not a fan personally if the gloss black, this I think has inspired me to go with black. Maybe satin or matte depending on how the part comes. As the front lip comes on the hellcat, it is body color matched.

2021 Durango Hellcat front splitter and rear spoiler

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
16 Posts

6xq40tzzaa

Read the thread as the part “can” be ordered from several online Mopar stores for as low as $85, but usually they respond with its out of stock, or the shipping was too low, and no matter where you source it be prepared for a $100 “core”. I have mine in order from my local dealer for about $235.

J’sR/T did his to match body color. I was trying to decide if I would do body color or leave it the color of the part to maybe match the trim around the exhaust and tow cover as our TnG’s don’t have the lower fascia matching. While I am not a fan personally if the gloss black, this I think has inspired me to go with black. Maybe satin or matte depending on how the part comes. As the front lip comes on the hellcat, it is body color matched.

Thanks! Got it!

·
Registered
176 Posts

6xq40tzzaa

View attachment 115156
My experience with the core charge, I had the body shop I used order the part(my brother works there) and they sent the stock front lip off my RT back and got the core charge refunded, and credited that towards the paint work. I wondered if it mattered that it wasn't the same exact part, and apparently it doesn't. My brother said he's ordered a driver side fender and sent a passenger side one back and got core refunded for that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
496 Posts
What's with all the core charges? You can't rebuild a plastic part or a body part. I don't get it.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts