Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this beauty late last year. Just turned 20k on the odometer and everything is perfect. Garage kept, etc. I don't think the online pricing tools and stealerships (carmax et al) are reflecting the rarity of this combo.

I love this Durango so much, but wife is just starting Chemo so we are selling the boat this towed plus it is 100 mi round trip for her treatments and this isn't the right vehicle for that.

Where would you price this an what's the fastest way to sell it without getting ripped off?
Font Document Number Screenshot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried Carmax (who I hear typically runs highest).

They currently have a 21 R/T on the lot that had an MSRP of 51k, and has 17k miles. They have it listed for 53k.

Mine MSRP 64k, they offered me 48.5k online. Seems like alot of meat left on that bone.

Does anyone know if these services will negotiate at all if you go in person or is it just an algorithm?

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT , blue shade pearl, with TnG
53 Posts
All the best to you and your wife, and to a speedy recovery. Just a thought, take the money you would lose on the re-sale and buy a more economical used car to commute. Keep fire and theft insurance on the Durango and keep it in the garage until better times.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve looked into this for my 2021 TNG here in Boston. Straight sales offers were $45k from carvana and carma. My dealer offered me $51k trade. My TNG has 15500 miles and was ceramic coated and still looks brand new. My daily commute went from 6 to 40 miles daily. Even with the extra $80 weekly gas expense I can’t part with baby. I’d explain to your dealer what’s going on and get them to work with you on finding a replacement and working a good trade for you. You have the advantage for now because of the current used car market and your highly desirable Durango TNG. I hope your wife’s treatment is successful and she makes a full recovery. Matt

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hope she heals quickly sorry to hear that. Depending on what state your in trading in vs. selling the sales tax impacts the total deal differently . Private sale could benefit the new owner and they could pay more. Trading in the deal could be lower but the sales tax on the new vehicle could potentially be zero depending on how tour state deals with sales tax

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up this beauty late last year. Just turned 20k on the odometer and everything is perfect. Garage kept, etc. I don't think the online pricing tools and stealerships (carmax et al) are reflecting the rarity of this combo.

I love this Durango so much, but wife is just starting Chemo so we are selling the boat this towed plus it is 100 mi round trip for her treatments and this isn't the right vehicle for that.

Where would you price this an what's the fastest way to sell it without getting ripped off? View attachment 121365
The best you can probably do at this time is $50k

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,448 Posts
Hope she moves through it quickly. Having survived Chemo myself 14 years ago...I know the "Not so Fun" aspects of it. Good luck with getting the best price and take care of her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts