Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called it an issue, but I might be normal. When I open or close my liftgate, it sound like it ''pop'' and i hear a ''clunk''. From my point of view, it feels like the latch might be set too tight. It also do the same pop and clunk when it close. I checked and my cargo OE mats are not in the way so it could cause the liftgate to close too tight. I search the forum and did not find any related topic.

Are yours the same ?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Is your liftgate set in too far meaning is it flush (when closed) with the body panels? If it is not flush (too far in) then the lock may need to be adjusted. Good luck with what you find hoping it is an easy non dealer fix

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine pops and clunks never thought anything off it as I've never had an auto hatch to compare it to.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine pops and clunks never thought anything off it as I've never had an auto hatch to compare it to.
So its like mine. Its clunks when it start to open like if the pressure from being too tight was release?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes when its released I hear it clunk some but it clunks a lot more when it pulls it to a close. Maybe I should have the dealer check in it while its as the dealer getting the AC replaced.

·
Registered
250 Posts
So its like mine. Its clunks when it start to open like if the pressure from being too tight was release?
My wife's 16 does that. I think it's just the latch releasing. We've had it for 3 years and never had an issue with the noise, but did have the ball stud for the power strut break on the body side. Had to get it welded back in.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

Reactions: jeffauclair

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes when its released I hear it clunk some but it clunks a lot more when it pulls it to a close. Maybe I should have the dealer check in it while its as the dealer getting the AC replaced.
What is wrong with the AC?

·
Registered
82 Posts
@jeffauclair the AC condenser needed to be replaced as it was leaking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called it an issue, but I might be normal. When I open or close my liftgate, it sound like it ''pop'' and i hear a ''clunk''. From my point of view, it feels like the latch might be set too tight. It also do the same pop and clunk when it close. I checked and my cargo OE mats are not in the way so it could cause the liftgate to close too tight. I search the forum and did not find any related topic.

Are yours the same ?
It's the latch releasing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Since my dealer had the DSRT in for work I asked them about my clunks and pops they checked it out and said its with in spec. Not sure if that means its normal or just nothing they can do to fix it or want to fix it as its not broken. I can live with it. don't open and close it that often.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Perhaps a quick video with sound would help us determine whether it is normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts