Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, I know this has been asked before, but it's not clear in some of the "Brembo" upgrade posts...

The 20x10 50mm offset clear the Brembo upgrades, correct?
Also, will using the 10 width and a 295/45/20 has no issues clearing fenders or anything else?

Finally going to do my upgrade on my R/T when it heads back stateside this summer. I need brakes and tires anyway, so it's a no brain'er for the new rims, shoes, and brakes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In the process of converting my 2016 R/T to Brembos. There is about a 1/4” clearance in my case between the tire and knuckle with 295/45/20 tires on 20x10 et+50 wheels. I was a little nervous about such little clearance but I haven’t had an issue yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You happen to snap any pics of the clearance and some stance pictures? Would love to see them. You find the whole setup yet or just replace the wheels/tires?

In the process of converting my 2016 R/T to Brembos. There is about a 1/4” clearance in my case between the tire and knuckle with 295/45/20 tires on 20x10 et+50 wheels. I was a little nervous about such little clearance but I haven’t had an issue yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You happen to snap any pics of the clearance and some stance pictures? Would love to see them. You find the whole setup yet or just replace the wheels/tires?
I have not installed the Brembo calipers and larger rotors yet, just got the new wheels and tires put on a couple of weeks ago. Waiting on a couple parts for the rear calipers and then enough time to do all 4 corners at once.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not installed the Brembo calipers and larger rotors yet, just got the new wheels and tires put on a couple of weeks ago. Waiting on a couple parts for the rear calipers and then enough time to do all 4 corners at once.
@awehlage , I see you got your Brembos on! Nice. You still like the wheels with them as far as fitment goes? Notice any issues so far and is clearance still good?

·
Registered
231 Posts
@awehlage , I see you got your Brembos on! Nice. You still like the wheels with them as far as fitment goes? Notice any issues so far and is clearance still good?
Yes the Brembos are on and are awesome!

I like the look of the spider monkeys and I am happy with the fitment. If I had to do it all over again I would look for a smaller diameter wheel and offset to have the wheels/tires sit more flush with the fender especially in the rear. Front is actually perfect. Remember, 20x10+50 wheels are SRT spec but the R/T’s do not have some body moldings to have the wheels be flush. Is it make or break for me? No. I just extended my rockguards to cover the extra width. The clearance on my front tires to the knuckle are probably 5-6mm and I was worried but there are no issues. I wish someone would post a picture of their SRT with the clearance between their factory setup and the front knuckle. Just for reassurance.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm so damn indecisive!

I really like the look of the Trackhawk SRT rims, but I'm worried the 20x10 +50 will sit out just too far. Has anyone taken a look at the Sarona flares? (Custom Dodge Durango Products - Sarona)

Also, has anyone with a SRT snapped a picture yet of the clearance from the front knuckle to the wheel yet?
Would be nice to know if it's the same clearance as what others are seeing.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
231 Posts
I forgot to post the actual item I was looking at:
These are in addition to the stock R/T fender flares. These are not a replacement. I don’t know if that was what you were thinking.

You can put the OEM SRT fender flares on but that would require replacing many other body parts such as the side skirts and rear lower valence below the rear bumper. Gets pretty expensive quick when you also have to get them painted if you don’t get them from a donor vehicle of the same color.

My 20x10 +50 wheels and 295/45/20 setup stuck out past the stock R/T fenders more than I cared for so that’s when I made new rockguards that extended to cover the wider setup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
OEM SRT fender flare conversion parts list:

RHR FF molding - 6DR86TZZAB
LHR FF molding - 6DR87TZZAB
RHF FF molding - 6DR85TZZAC
LHF FF molding - 6DR84TZZAC
LH SS molding - 6DR81TZZAB
RH SS molding - 6DR80TZZAB
Fascia Rear Lower - 6DQ33TZZAA
Appliqué Fascia - 68307817AA
Hitch cover - 05113693AA

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, that's what I was thinking... in addition to the stock R/T flares already there.

These are in addition to the stock R/T fender flares. These are not a replacement. I don’t know if that was what you were thinking.

You can put the OEM SRT fender flares on but that would require replacing many other body parts such as the side skirts and rear lower valence below the rear bumper. Gets pretty expensive quick when you also have to get them painted if you don’t get them from a donor vehicle of the same color.

My 20x10 +50 wheels and 295/45/20 setup stuck out past the stock R/T fenders more than I cared for so that’s when I made new rockguards that extended to cover the wider setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts