Dodge Durango Forum banner

2024+ Durango (Next Gen) Rumors

9K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  Rick H. 
#1 · (Edited)
Dealer told me the next gen DD will be based on Jeep Wagoneer, which is obviously a larger vehicle with a standard I-6. He said it will be toned down some, luxury-wise, to come in lower than the $90k starting price on the JGW.
Has anyone else heard these rumors or have any updates on the future for the DD?

G

#46 ·
Just a "for what it's worth" comment. I bought my 2023 Durango TNG after looking at all other options. I was a confirmed Chevy guy, but Chevrolet has nothing that perked my interest. Even my much loved Colorado has gone to a 4 cylinder turbo engine which supposedly has tons of power. It could put out 800 HP, but it is still a 4 cylinder. I was born and raised on V-8's and swear that what I will die with. Hence my reason for buying my first ever (Mopar) Dodge Durango TNG at 71 years old. The Durango checked almost all the boxes for me and I would have loved to get the SRT, but the extra cost plus possible dealer markup made that out of the question financially. My one and only complaint on my TNG is that it is a little bit doggy from a dead stop, but once it is moving it's a hoot to drive. My Durango is somewhat of a Jekyll and Hyde vehicle. It can be very sedate or a moderate beast depending on how it's driven. I am still surprised how quick it is once it's moving. The brakes and suspension are nothing short of outstanding in my estimation and those darn brakes still catch me off guard every now and then. And "Sport" mode is pretty darn sporty.

I kind of knew what was rumored to be coming for Dodge and the Durango and after looking at the 2023 Jeeps I wanted no part of any changed Durango. I and my wife both love the looks of the current Durango, but disliked the Jeeps. They look like a box on 4 wheels. Sorry Jeep owners. I will be interested to see what Dodge does with the Durango platform and I am sure they will do something to hype it up, but it's anyone's guess what the end result will really be. It could be a super performer or nothing more than an "also-ran", but I don't think it will have what the current Durango has in terms of looks, performance and pricing. My better half drives a Subaru Outback so anytime she gets to ride in my Durango she is totally impressed with it and that's a good thing.

Rick H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.