Dodge Durango Forum banner

2023 Dodge Durango RT Uconnect 5 software missing key feature

1038 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CKB
My brand new 2023 Dodge Durango RT uses this specific Uconnect 5 software version: Build Number: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD.

For some reason, this specific version of Uconnect software installed in my car does NOT show “Theme Mode” option. I have tripple checked ALL available settings on the unit.

Therefore, there is no way for user to select one of display color schemes: Light, Dark, Auto. Instead, the display is permanently stuck in Dark mode and cannot be changed to Light mode. This impairs display visibility during the day.

Please find attached screen shots of “Theme Mode” setting being missing from my Uconnect 5 unit.

Font Communication Device Gadget Software Electronic device

Font Screenshot Gadget Communication Device Technology

However, Chrysler 2023 Uconnect demo video below confirms that Uconnect 5 unit comes with “Theme Mode” setting.

The “Theme Mode” setting permits user to set the display color scheme to one of three modes: Light (used in daylight), Dark (used at night), Auto (unit automatically switches between Light and Dark modes depending on ambient lighting).

Please find attached screen shots of “Theme Mode” setting from Chrysler video.

Font Communication Device Gadget Electronic device Software

Rectangle Font Parallel Software Technology

Do any of the folks who have 2023 Uconnect 5 radio also find that "Theme Mode" setting is gone from their unit?

Or, if you can see "Theme Mode" in your software, could you be so kind and please confirm which Build Version of the software your unit is running?

I would be most indebted for any information folks could possibly share on this.

I have contacted Chrysler and Uconnect support teams; but after several emails and calls, I was advised to study the manual and talk to the dealer. Not much help.

Thank you!

CB
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Welcome to Uconnect 5. I hope you like the software as is because you’re about to find out how much Dodge cares about the Durango.
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
I have a 22' SRT and don't have that option either, It came from the factory with "dark mode" on and I like it so far, if I had the option to switch in between dark and light mode I would keep it on dark mode. Personal preference.
Reactions: 2
Welcome to Uconnect 5. I hope you like the software as is because you’re about to find out how much Dodge cares about the Durango.
Thank you! :) To me, the car is perfect. Aside from this one issue. I used to have 2015 Durango RT, and its Uconnect 8.4 unit auto-switched from Dark to Light mode based on ambient lighting; and I really liked and greatly appreciated that feature.
I have a 22' SRT and don't have that option either, It came from the factory with "dark mode" on and I like it so far, if I had the option to switch in between dark and light mode I would keep it on dark mode. Personal preference.
Thank you for sharing this! I too like Dark mode, but for night only (old eyes). I used to have 2015 Durango RT, and its Uconnect 8.4 unit auto-switched from Dark to Light mode based on ambient lighting; and I really liked and greatly appreciated that feature.
My 2022 DDSRT is the same... It is the better of two evils so I am OK with it. The 8.4 FUConnect 4 in our 21 Challenger is super easy to change... What the Heck??
  • Wow
My 2022 DDSRT is the same... It is the better of two evils so I am OK with it. The 8.4 FUConnect 4 in our 21 Challenger is super easy to change... What the Heck??
Thank you for sharing! I wonder why this feature is gone from 22/23 MY, and whether from all manufactured vehicles or just some of them. When I connect to Uconnect 5 my iPhone 6 and use CarPlay, the display auto-switches between Dark and Light modes. It works beautifully, and to me personally provides a much better user experience. I am trying to understand why such useful feature would be removed from Uconnect 5 system.
Hello, I have a 21 DDRT and this feature works without any glitch. I'd rather have your gripe than mines right about now. I can't use my radio for more than 5 mins without the screen going black with a gray box in the center that says, "UCONNECT BOX REQUIRES SERVICE. PLEASE VISIT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER'. Took it to the dealer several times for service. They've swapped out the the box in the rear and did an update but this is still happening. Dodge says it will work itself out via OTA. LMAO as I have yet to see that happen, this crap has been going on for the past year. With so many controls being integrated in the unit it's impossible to change it out with an aftermarket radio. Dodge has really gone to SHIT the past few years! It's getting harder to enjoy the fruits of your labor because theirs either some sort of glitch going on with the car or you're so stressed out and afraid that while you're at the grocery store or visiting someone that your DDSRT/HELLCAT might be the next to get stolen. I give up!!
See less See more
  • Wow
Hello, I have a 21 DDRT and this feature works without any glitch. I'd rather have your gripe than mines right about now. I can't use my radio for more than 5 mins without the screen going black with a gray box in the center that says, "UCONNECT BOX REQUIRES SERVICE. PLEASE VISIT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER'. Took it to the dealer several times for service. They've swapped out the the box in the rear and did an update but this is still happening. Dodge says it will work itself out via OTA. LMAO as I have yet to see that happen, this crap has been going on for the past year. With so many controls being integrated in the unit it's impossible to change it out with an aftermarket radio. Dodge has really gone to SHIT the past few years! It's getting harder to enjoy the fruits of your labor because theirs either some sort of glitch going on with the car or you're so stressed out and afraid that while you're at the grocery store or visiting someone that your DDSRT/HELLCAT might be the next to get stolen. I give up!!
Hello. Thank you for sharing! I am very sorry for you to have been experiencing such serious trouble with the system. Yes, I understand that my concern is a relatively minor issue. I have read horror stories on this forum about Uconnect experience some folks have had, and I count my blessings. One aspect of this situation is that increasing software/hardware integration and vehicle customization options integrated into the Uconnect system are becoming more and more prevalent. I understand that in DDSRT, the customization via Uconnect may affect several key subsystems in the vehicle: transmission, suspension, steering, etc. If the software layer is subpar and/or malfunctioning, I would imagine the implications of any failures could be potentially rather serious to the vehicle, driver, passengers. My wife has asked me not to adjust any critical Uconnect settings while away from home garage. She says she does not want to get stuck some place because of uncertainty around software solution. I do get your point. I hope your issue with the system will get proper and permanent resolution soon. All the very best and stay safe!
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts