Dodge Durango Forum banner
201 - 220 of 228 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
I've had it for just under a year and I'm already getting used to the power. When going WOT I sometimes find my self thinking " it could use more". This is then followed by mentally slapping myself across the face and saying "what is wrong with you?"
I’m with you, it could use more power, if there was a redeye version, I’d be all for it!!

· Registered
1,607 Posts
I've had it for just under a year and I'm already getting used to the power. When going WOT I sometimes find my self thinking " it could use more". This is then followed by mentally slapping myself across the face and saying "what is wrong with you?"
I was literally afraid of this truck the first few weeks I drove it. Like @frictioncircle has stated, the amount of RAW power is just insane.
I'm going to miss it when it's gone...:(

· Registered
90 Posts
I was literally afraid of this truck the first few weeks I drove it. Like @frictioncircle has stated, the amount of RAW power is just insane.
I'm going to miss it when it's gone...:(
Yeah, I hate the thought of having to give mine up. I'm stuck with this dichotomy of making up excuses to go somewhere so I can have a chance to drive it on one hand and not wanting to put too many miles on it to try to make it last longer on the other hand. But I'm an old fart and I expect I'll croak or get to the stage in life when someone takes my key fob to get me off the street. Or the effing green movement cult starts screaming about confiscating "gas guzzlers".

· Registered
2,037 Posts
no one will be confiscating.....but you may get into it with your kids when they do cut you off....but that is their job...;)
we all get used to the power but for me I usually drive in auto so that when I go to say track the full beans everything still excites...going in for the 12k service tomorrow

· Registered
5 Posts
Went to 2 dealers today pricing a new one, only 4 colors showed up available, black, grey, red and white. Just curious if the other colors that have been talked about will be added in the future, or if this is all there will be now.

· Registered
90 Posts
no one will be confiscating.....but you may get into it with your kids when they do cut you off....but that is their job...;)
we all get used to the power but for me I usually drive in auto so that when I go to say track the full beans everything still excites...going in for the 12k service tomorrow
Well I don't have any kids to deal with and that's a good thing. I had to take my mother's keys when she was 90 and that was a nightmare. Just turned over 10,000 in mine this past weekend but that's after a little over 15 months and I'm currently having to make 3 extra trips to town every week to do cardiac rehab so it's getting a little more use than normal. But I don't complain, it lets me drive it a little more.

· Registered
1,607 Posts
Well I don't have any kids to deal with and that's a good thing. I had to take my mother's keys when she was 90 and that was a nightmare. Just turned over 10,000 in mine this past weekend but that's after a little over 15 months and I'm currently having to make 3 extra trips to town every week to do cardiac rehab so it's getting a little more use than normal. But I don't complain, it lets me drive it a little more.
Wait, you're driving the HC to cardiac rehab?
The irony...lol

· Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Was just told by high volume dealership on the east coast that their 2 Durango hellcats in transit are 80k over sticker.
Will the dealer help subsidize the added 80k in markup for insurance reasons in case the HC get stolen or totaled? Anyone and I mean anyone who buys a currrent day Mopar for that kind of money is off their rocker!

And I bet that dealer can't even fix the Hellcat if it breaks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Dodge finally published the 2023 Durango specifications which firms up some of the lingering questions we had about 2023 Durango options at launch...

• Blind Spot / Cross Path is standard
  • SRT Hellcat is still being listed as 710 HP / 645 lb-ft even though there had been some posts it may come out with 717 HP (but the media site shows it as "estimated")
  • Black roof rails with integrated cross bars will NOT be offered on the SRT Hellcat (included with Plus/Premium on SRT 392)
  • Lightweight Performance Package (3rd row delete + 2nd row bench seat) returns as an option!
  • Black Package is UNCHANGED from 2021
  • Base SRT Hellcat wheel is the same as 2021
  • 2nd row console is standard with Plus/Premium trims
  • Demonic Red Laguna is standard on Plus/Premium trims but customer can down select to Black Nappa leather / suede as desired but will not receive $ credit
  • Embroidery / Embossing in seat backs will say "SRT" only for both SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat
  • "Plus" trim includes Sunroof, Laguna leather seating, Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise, Advanced Brake Assist, Rainsense wipers, Lane Departure Warning and Trailer Tow Group IV
  • "Premium" trim includes "Plus trim content and adds red seatbelts, premium wrapped IP, forged carbon fiber inserts and Harmon Kardon 19 speaker audio
  • Dual Mopar stripes are available in same colors as 2021/2022
  • Exterior colors at launch are the same as 2022: DB Black, White Knuckle, Octane Red and Destroyer Gray
  • New exterior colors are listed as late availability - Frostbite, Night Moves, Triple Nickel, Red Oxide (Vapor Gray has since been dropped it appears)
2023 Dodge Durango Info
Are those pictures of the Durango in the info sheet you linked the new colors? Trying to find pictures of them.

· Registered
3 Posts
Went to 2 dealers today pricing a new one, only 4 colors showed up available, black, grey, red and white. Just curious if the other colors that have been talked about will be added in the future, or if this is all there will be now.
Can confirm myself. Dealer said they only had the regular colors to choose from: black, destroyer gray, octane red, and white. By "late availability" for the other colors, do they mean literally they'll only be available for orders later, so sometime next year?
Was just told by high volume dealership on the east coast that their 2 Durango hellcats in transit are 80k over sticker.
Update: I found a local, smaller dealer with 1 Durango hellcat allocation at MSRP.

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Are those pictures of the Durango in the info sheet you linked the new colors? Trying to find pictures of them.
Yes and no. They only show two new colors in the info sheet and they are just bad color edits from 2021 stock images to show Frostbite and Triple Nickel.
Here is a color swatch which shows the colors next to one another, but this obviously won't do the colors any justice. Frostbite and Triple Nickel have been out for years on Chargers and Challengers but not sure how they will look like on the Durango body. The names shown below are the Jeep/Wagoneer names (you can search for one close to you with these colors to see how you might feel about it in person). Ember Pearl = Red Oxide, Midnight Sky = Night Moves, Silver Metallic = Triple Nickel. Baltic Gray = Vapor Gray, which didn't make the final cut.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

The early orders for the 2023 Durango Hellcat have been a mess. No way they released all the allocations but I think Dodge is being cautious right now with all the continued parts shortages. I have a feeling they will open the order board up again in 2023 and at that time the additional colors will be available.

· Registered
78 Posts
Well I am skeptical that they even have ANY Durango Hellcats in transit. we JUST ordered them a couple weeks ago, and last time, it took about 3 months to make one of these, post order submission. Has ANYONE heard of any owner taking delivery of a 2023 Durango Hellcat?

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Well I am skeptical that they even have ANY Durango Hellcats in transit. we JUST ordered them a couple weeks ago, and last time, it took about 3 months to make one of these, post order submission. Has ANYONE heard of any owner taking delivery of a 2023 Durango Hellcat?
2023 production hasn't started. Last I heard it was going to begin in February. Dodge is still trying to finish the 2022s, but are running into parts shortages. Don't forget that DDHCs have always been listed as late availability so they will start months after normal production starts.

Reactions: Vice-White

· Registered
1 Posts
They way I read it is that all the early orders will essentially include Demonic Red Laguna leather seats because you have to order either "Plus" or "Premium" trim and "Plus" includes the Laguna leather seating and "Premium" includes "Plus" content. Only way to get the black Nappa leather seats with suede centers was to order a "Base" model. However, two guys already placed 2023 SRT 392 orders and posted their order sheets and both selected the "Premium" trim and one had Demonic Red and one had Black Nappa even though you are essentially paying for the Laguna leather. There was no price difference on the order sheets. I asked the two guys if they were able to choose interior seating color so we will see what they say.
@CWGrizzwold or anyone else seen or been able to order any 2XY or 2XW 23MY with the black Nappa seat option? I've inquired for a build but was told deleting the red seats wasn't an option. So it appears that these early orders are only indeed Demonic for now?

201 - 220 of 228 Posts