Dodge Durango Forum banner
181 - 200 of 228 Posts

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
If I’m not mistaken (I’m sure I am 😂) it doesn’t look like I can get the top trim without the red interior? Is that correct?
They way I read it is that all the early orders will essentially include Demonic Red Laguna leather seats because you have to order either "Plus" or "Premium" trim and "Plus" includes the Laguna leather seating and "Premium" includes "Plus" content. Only way to get the black Nappa leather seats with suede centers was to order a "Base" model. However, two guys already placed 2023 SRT 392 orders and posted their order sheets and both selected the "Premium" trim and one had Demonic Red and one had Black Nappa even though you are essentially paying for the Laguna leather. There was no price difference on the order sheets. I asked the two guys if they were able to choose interior seating color so we will see what they say.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
397 Posts
They way I read it is that all the early orders will essentially include Demonic Red Laguna leather seats because you have to order either "Plus" or "Premium" trim and "Plus" includes the Laguna leather seating and "Premium" includes "Plus" content. Only way to get the black Nappa leather seats with suede centers was to order a "Base" model. However, two guys already placed 2023 SRT 392 orders and posted their order sheets and both selected the "Premium" trim and one had Demonic Red and one had Black Nappa even though you are essentially paying for the Laguna leather. There was no price difference on the order sheets. I asked the two guys if they were able to choose interior seating color so we will see what they say.
Thank you for that. I appreciate the leg work you do for all of us. 🍻

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Thank you for that. I appreciate the leg work you do for all of us. 🍻
From the feedback I have received from the customer that ordered the 2023 Durango SRT 392 it appears you can select the base black Nappa leather seats with suede inserts regardless of Plus or Premium trim even though you are essentially paying for them if you order anything but the Base trim level.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

· Registered
477 Posts
Hello,

Dodge Cares is here to assist you if you have any questions. For those who are looking to find a specific model, we recommend visiting: 2023 Dodge Horsepower Locator (dodgegarage.com)
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via direct message if you need additional assistance.

Haim
Dodge Cares

· Registered
78 Posts
Hello,

Dodge Cares is here to assist you if you have any questions. For those who are looking to find a specific model, we recommend visiting: 2023 Dodge Horsepower Locator (dodgegarage.com)
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via direct message if you need additional assistance.

Haim
Dodge Cares
And where may we ask are the Durango Hellcats in that list ???

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 · (Edited)
Dodge finally published the 2023 Durango specifications which firms up some of the lingering questions we had about 2023 Durango options at launch...

• Blind Spot / Cross Path is standard
  • SRT Hellcat is still being listed as 710 HP / 645 lb-ft even though there had been some posts it may come out with 717 HP (but the media site shows it as "estimated")
  • Black roof rails with integrated cross bars will NOT be offered on the SRT Hellcat (included with Plus/Premium on SRT 392)
  • Lightweight Performance Package (3rd row delete + 2nd row bench seat) returns as an option!
  • Black Package is UNCHANGED from 2021
  • Base SRT Hellcat wheel is the same as 2021
  • 2nd row console is standard with Plus/Premium trims
  • Demonic Red Laguna is standard on Plus/Premium trims but customer can down select to Black Nappa leather / suede as desired but will not receive $ credit
  • Embroidery / Embossing in seat backs will say "SRT" only for both SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat
  • "Plus" trim includes Sunroof, Laguna leather seating, Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise, Advanced Brake Assist, Rainsense wipers, Lane Departure Warning and Trailer Tow Group IV
  • "Premium" trim includes "Plus trim content and adds red seatbelts, premium wrapped IP, forged carbon fiber inserts and Harmon Kardon 19 speaker audio
  • Dual Mopar stripes are available in same colors as 2021/2022
  • Exterior colors at launch are the same as 2022: DB Black, White Knuckle, Octane Red and Destroyer Gray
  • New exterior colors are listed as late availability - Frostbite, Night Moves, Triple Nickel, Red Oxide (Vapor Gray has since been dropped it appears)
2023 Dodge Durango Info

Reactions: S8ER01Z

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,952 Posts
The other colors are for late availability as they have stated.

· Registered
1 Posts
LOL. They also stated they would make as many as ordered. They also stated there would not be allocations. They also stated it was a 21 only car... We could continue all day with that..

In reality it appears there are 1600 available (from 2 different dealers including the one I ordered it through). My dealer who normally sells loads of HCs, got DDHC 2 allocations.

So... If you have the stones to wait for "late availability" you might get blessed with a rare car, you might get bupkis.

· Registered
78 Posts
The other colors are for late availability as they have stated.
Yeah I guess I only have my Demon order experience to go on… my bad…. With that it did not matter that plum crazy was a late availability, you were still able to order it when the orders opened up, you just waited way longer than others to get your ‘late availability’ color car to get built, but your build was in the system.

· Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah I guess I only have my Demon order experience to go on… my bad…. With that it did not matter that plum crazy was a late availability, you were still able to order it when the orders opened up, you just waited way longer than others to get your ‘late availability’ color car to get built, but your build was in the system.
In my experience, if something was late availability, they usually would not be able to put your order in.
I'm trying to remember what it was on my '14 R/T. I had to wait. But, the dealer took my order they just did not submit it until everything I wanted was available.

· Registered
2 Posts
Had been calling around dealers almost daily looking for an allocation. Was finally able to find one with 2 allocations. Dealer was happy to send screenshots of the allocation screen showing they had 2 DDHCs for Jan. So wife and I went directly to dealer late same day, Nov 17th, to put in the order. Snagged one of the allocations because another person hadn't called them back and ordered a DB Black, Premium (2XY), Black Package. I originally wanted to downgrade the seats to all black but this wasn't an option it appeared unless I was willing to start from the bottom and option up. That spooked me a bit as I felt like they would build those last, or if at all. So I kept the Laguna Seats. I will learn to love red!

This dealer doesn't do markups so I was very happy to get it for MSRP. This is DFW area so total price, with taxes and fees, was $115K, before fees $105,675. Hopefully this gives an idea of what to expect. Once I get the build acceptance emails and VIN I will try to give some lead time info.

· Registered
78 Posts
Oh I ordered mine earlier this week, already have Vin. Same msrp, I’m paying a little less than msrp but then after adding tax its 107,xxx out the door. The only option I didn’t want was the black package. But I too am stuck with Red seats, even though I wanted black.

oh well, no clue how quickly these will be built, but my order is in, I went with Red w/silver stripes.

· Registered
325 Posts
You are so right about the Hellcat motor. After over a year with mine I'm still amazed at the way it pulls from any speed with seemingly endless reserves. It just never quits!
I've had it for just under a year and I'm already getting used to the power. When going WOT I sometimes find my self thinking " it could use more". This is then followed by mentally slapping myself across the face and saying "what is wrong with you?"

181 - 200 of 228 Posts