Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a current post where someone stated that the 2022 RT TNG did not come with a spare. I know some of the folks on here have taken delivery of the 22 SRT's in the last couple of months. Can you confirm that your SRT has the spare tire as listed as part of the option package for adding the towing package?

· Premium Member
308 Posts
There is a current post where someone stated that the 2022 RT TNG did not come with a spare. I know some of the folks on here have taken delivery of the 22 SRT's in the last couple of months. Can you confirm that your SRT has the spare tire as listed as part of the option package for adding the towing package?
As it stands right now the compact spare tire is still on constraint. A 2023 DDHC built yesterday still has it listed as deleted in the build sheet. As long as you have an SRT, SRT Hellcat or R/T Tow and Go with the 20" run-flat Pirellis you are not getting a compact spare tire currently.

I did a quick search on Dodge.com within 250 miles of me and almost all 2022 SRT 392 in current inventory were built without the Tow Package. One I did find with it had the spare tire deleted in the build configuration and it was shipped on 11/30. I found another that was shipped on 11/20 and it still listed the compact spare in the build configuration. Looks like it is hit or miss but mostly miss after Thanksgiving 2022.

I found your VIN from your "held hostage at JNAP" post and your build config shows "DELETE SPARE TIRE"

· Registered
115 Posts
On a different site I was trying to help someone who bought a dealer's stock 2022 TnG that had arrived in December and found afterwards it didn't have any spare nor the winch and accessories for a spare. What CWGrizzwold mentioned about the time frame appears two match what I've experienced and heard. I bought my dealer ordered TnG early November, it had shipped in October, and came with the 2022 TnG package specs with the compact spare. It looks like they've done this to all Durangos across the 2023 model line, all the packages that, on 2022 and prior builds, used to say delete full size spare and compact spare, now just state delete spare. But, it is absolutely wrong that they are implementing this change on 2022 model builds, whose package lists the compact spare, especially for those who custom ordered the vehicle and that package with the understanding that the compact spare was part of the package.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
It's just wrong any way you look at it. Run flats or not, there should be a spare tire. They are practically saying that you can never change away from run flats by doing this. They should be holding the cars until the parts are available or promising to install them later.

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As it stands right now the compact spare tire is still on constraint. A 2023 DDHC built yesterday still has it listed as deleted in the build sheet. As long as you have an SRT, SRT Hellcat or R/T Tow and Go with the 20" run-flat Pirellis you are not getting a compact spare tire currently.

I did a quick search on Dodge.com within 250 miles of me and almost all 2022 SRT 392 in current inventory were built without the Tow Package. One I did find with it had the spare tire deleted in the build configuration and it was shipped on 11/30. I found another that was shipped on 11/20 and it still listed the compact spare in the build configuration. Looks like it is hit or miss but mostly miss after Thanksgiving 2022.

I found your VIN from your "held hostage at JNAP" post and your build config shows "DELETE SPARE TIRE"
Downloaded my build sheet and it states Spare Tire deleted...

· Registered
28 Posts
I saw you can now build a 2023 on the Dodge website, under Tow n Go it now shows Delete Spare Tire.

And now you can get it in Frostbite Blue!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Well, that just sucks. I ordered an early '22 SRT and had to get it in F8 Green because blue wasn't being offered and the '21 blue color looked atrocious. Granted the green looks nice on it, the blue would have been better.

Reactions: powerfreak

· Registered
28 Posts
I have an early '22 SRT build with the tow package and the spare tire.

Reactions: wvhemis

· Premium Member
308 Posts
Spare tire rim for the SRT is ridiculous out of parts (68363402AB) with a $1225 MSRP and selling for around $800. That doesn't even include the tire.

Here is one on eBay.

· Premium Member
308 Posts
For those of you that had the spare tire deleted...does Dodge delete the spare tire hoist and jack kit too?

Reactions: wvhemis

· Registered
115 Posts
For those of you that had the spare tire deleted...does Dodge delete the spare tire hoist and jack kit too?
This is the photo from someone who got a 2022 Tow N Go and was wondering where the aluminum compact spare that was part of the 2022 package was. You can even see the tow wiring harness run across, but no spare, no winch setup, no shields, and said didn't have any of the tools/equipment for changing a tire either.

So a lot of parts/pieces that add up in cost deleted... and yet the Tow N Go package cost went higher!? Messed up!
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

· Registered
202 Posts
Well, that just sucks. I ordered an early '22 SRT and had to get it in F8 Green because blue wasn't being offered and the '21 blue color looked atrocious. Granted the green looks nice on it, the blue would have been better.
This happened when I got my 2018. I order it late 2017, no blue available. Later half of 2018 they offered it in B5 Blue. I was super bummed. Got Destroyer Grey for my 2021, I'd pick Frostbite over that any day!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts