Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife traded her 2016 Durango Limited for a 2022 Durango SXT Blacktop. We notice it doesn't have the 3.6L engine cover but it looks like that was removed from all Durango's starting in June 2022. I am hoping to find one and just install it as it still all the attachment points and I have found some for under $80.

I noticed this difference also though and it just seems really odd and I'm hoping someone can confirm this is suppose to be this way.

Basically there is nothing separating the cabin air filter inlet from the outside at all. Old models had a plate here to redirect water from just dropping through cowl directly into the air filter. Is another "removed for cost savings" piece or was something forgotten.

This passenger side firewall and the yellow piece is the top of the cabin filter. On the 2016, there was no way to access that area as there was a plate between this area and the cabin filter.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
Move along, move along. Nothing to see here. It's been reported before and debunked. It's normal now.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
It was changed on the 2020 models, I believe, maybe the '21s.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the comment for part number 05281383AF

"Includes Engine Oil Filter Access Cover, Ball Stud Grommets And Foam. Use Up To And Including Production Date 06/21/2022. The Engine Cover Was Eliminated on WD Durango With ERC 3.6L Starting With Production Date 06/22/2022. "

Ours still has all the ball studs and mounts, so I might just order one and throw it on even though its not suppose to come with it. I just think the engine bay looks cleaner with it personally.

· Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
281 Posts
This is the comment for part number 05281383AF

"Includes Engine Oil Filter Access Cover, Ball Stud Grommets And Foam. Use Up To And Including Production Date 06/21/2022. The Engine Cover Was Eliminated on WD Durango With ERC 3.6L Starting With Production Date 06/22/2022. "

Ours still has all the ball studs and mounts, so I might just order one and throw it on even though its not suppose to come with it. I just think the engine bay looks cleaner with it personally.
Or, possibly scour the junkyards for a used one from an earlier model...

· Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
281 Posts
Oh for sure. I'm gonna try to find a used one before shelling out $100 for something nobody will see.
I believe 2016 - 2021 all used the same p/n, so you have a few years to possibly score one used. Would expect there are more than a few earlier ones already totaled. Yeah, $100+ bucks for something I consider should be there from the factory is a real rip-off.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts