Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
I replaced everything and there is a clear difference, i think replacing the 6x9s did the most for bass response.
leaving the stock amp and just updating the 6X9 will yield a good result ?

what brand 6x9 did you use

I would have paid the factory $1,000.00 just to have a head unit with 7 band eq separate knobs for cross over and sub woofer volume on the dash, 4 gauge power ground, a remote turn on and RCA connections for front rear and sub woofer output. It would be the build your own system package.

leaving the stock amp and just updating the 6X9 will yield a good result ?

what brand 6x9 did you use

I would have paid the factory $1,000.00 just to have a head unit with 7 band eq separate knobs for cross over and sub woofer volume on the dash, 4 gauge power ground, a remote turn on and RCA connections for front rear and sub woofer output. It would be the build your own system package.
Yea Dodge did a pissy job with these new HK systems...

That is the post I did about my experience. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

So the 2021 JGC still had the 8" radio and is the smae aoftware version from iDatalink as the 2020 Durango. Wiring is the same when comparing the pinouts you privided. Next I will check wiring on the amp side in my 2022 Durango to see of it matches. I don't know what the 10.1" Durango radio has for software changes, but considering the screen menus are similar, it's worth a try using the DSR1 and see what happens. Also, the other Dodge vehicles, 5", 8 and 12"" screens, use the same iDatalink software version. Time to setup a test
Hi, just to want to know , I’m about to install this on my 2021 durango with alpine , what did you do with the 8 microphone wiring pins ?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.