Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone leased or considering leasing their 2022 DD? I have leased many vehicles and, until now, have never had difficulty obtaining money factor and residual numbers. Does anyone know if the Build and Price on the Dodge website is accurate? My 2022 DD R/Tplus TnG should be arriving soon, so I went to the dealership yesterday for the 1st time to discuss lease vs buy options. My build was initially priced at $64,080 at the time of ordering and price increased to $66,470 when window sticker became available. Negotiated price of $60,654. I thought I had a good idea of what lease payment would be based on Build and Price, but was given markedly different numbers at dealership and am wondering if dealer is trying to make up for giving me a good price and nailing me on the lease numbers. Instead of calculating the residual off the sticker price, they are using the original MSRP which does't seem right to me. They are also using much higher MF than that which is used on the Build and Price. The manager implied that Dodge can just never get it right. Even though I asked for MF and adjusted capitalized cost, he repeatedly hands me a quote that doesn't include those. The difference between the Build and Price and the quote he gave me is about $150/month. He also gave me 2 different residual values in 2 days (.53 and .54 for 36 mo lease). I feel like they are playing games or they think I'm an idiot. I understand leases and prefer to lease since I never keep vehicles very long. In addition, the resale on the DD could be terrible if gas price remain high. I am inclined to tell the dealer that I will finance through credit union in order see if they will offer a lower money factor (if they think they're going to lose out on the financing altogether). Has anyone had any experience leasing a 2022 DD or received quote with MF and residual? I think my dealership thinks they are going to play me and it pisses me off. I am thinking about shopping the lease at a different dealership just to get the lease numbers up front when they don't know whether I will or won't purchase from them. I really hate to waste peoples' time though. I appreciate anyone's input and apologize for the long, verbose question.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Walk away, the Durango from them is not worth it. Dealers suck and will scam you at a moments notice. You will never be satisfied if you lease it from them because you will always feel they got over on you (and they will)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Walk away, the Durango from them is not worth it. Dealers suck and will scam you at a moments notice. You will never be satisfied if you lease it from them because you will always feel they got over on you (and they will)
Under normal circumstances I would walk away but, unfortunately, these R/T TnG DDs are hard to come by around here, and I really want the vehicle. If I have to, I will play their game, let them think they played me, and switch to my own financing last minute and take their profit with me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I normally would say dealer games but I am looking at both an RT and a Rubicon 392 right now. The build and price is NOT accurate and it may not be the dealer. I've had a couple of discrepancies on 392 options that I contacted CDJR direct about. I thought it was dealer games but they confirmed there are inaccuracies right now because of the 21 to 22 change and inventory issues on parts for options. I dealt with Koon's who does a tremendous of amount of orders and she had to double check a couple of things for me. I don't lease so I can't be helpful there but it certainly doesn't hurt to shop around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I normally would say dealer games but I am looking at both an RT and a Rubicon 392 right now. The build and price is NOT accurate and it may not be the dealer. I've had a couple of discrepancies on 392 options that I contacted CDJR direct about. I thought it was dealer games but they confirmed there are inaccuracies right now because of the 21 to 22 change and inventory issues on parts for options. I dealt with Koon's who does a tremendous of amount of orders and she had to double check a couple of things for me. I don't lease so I can't be helpful there but it certainly doesn't hurt to shop around.
I would walk away but this was a custom order. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Although not a Dodge product we recently ordered a lexus for my better half...I waited to see what a lease vs buy would look like....the lease was horrible the MF converted to % was 7%....so we bought the thing with finance rates bellow 3%

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although not a Dodge product we recently ordered a lexus for my better half...I waited to see what a lease vs buy would look like....the lease was horrible the MF converted to % was 7%....so we bought the thing with finance rates bellow 3%
If all else fails, I will finance at 2.69%. I would prefer to lease only because the resale may suck if gas costs $6/gallon.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
I would walk away but this was a custom order. Thank you.
Why can't you order from another dealer, maybe one who has a great (I know it will be hard) reputation?
Also if you are alreayd worrying about resale value, a V8 Dodge is about the worst thing you can buy right now.
I have watch the resale value of my Durango (for fun cause I dont care) drop 4k in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had already agreed to purchase the vehicle from them and I have already sold the Expedition I've been driving. I am not worried about the resale value, but considering that I haven't kept a vehicle more than 3 years in the last 30, it make no sense to me to purchase rather than lease in this environment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FOLLOW UP- -Great News. I sent an email to the sales manager and general manager asking him to provide all of the numbers that I had asked for previously and pointed out that they shouldn't assume we're all idiots. I did some research and found the Chrysler training manual on leasing, their policies, markups etc and informed them that I qualified for Tier1 rates and that we had similar goals, the main difference being that one of us was dishonest. Told them that I wanted to have all of the details of my lease settled and ready when I arrived to pick up my vehicle. No add-ons, no BS. Told them I wanted a Tier 1 lease rate and that if they were not going to give me that then I would just arrive with a cashier's check (and they would make nothing on the finance aspect of the deal). Within 1 hr I received a call from the sales manager, who could not have been any nicer and agreed to everything. Gave me a money factor of .00017 (with a .00003 mark up meaning the interest rate was increased from .336% to .41%) and used the new MSRP to calculate the residual. The new numbers lowered my monthly payment by 13% or a full tank of gas.
As much as I hate the tactics they use, I do respect the guy for stepping up and doing the right thing.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Also, if anyone wants any help understanding how these leases work, I am very familiar with them and am happy to help anyone who might need it. Now I just have to wait for my Durango to arrive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m a little confused on MSRP. Should I be focusing my offers/counteroffers on the “Total Price”? With a build, when do I start the negotiation process?
Also, how in the world are these lease rates less than 1% for Tier 1? I’ve never seen rates lower than ~2.8% on ANY lease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FOLLOW UP- -Great News. I sent an email to the sales manager and general manager asking him to provide all of the numbers that I had asked for previously and pointed out that they shouldn't assume we're all idiots. I did some research and found the Chrysler training manual on leasing, their policies, markups etc and informed them that I qualified for Tier1 rates and that we had similar goals, the main difference being that one of us was dishonest. Told them that I wanted to have all of the details of my lease settled and ready when I arrived to pick up my vehicle. No add-ons, no BS. Told them I wanted a Tier 1 lease rate and that if they were not going to give me that then I would just arrive with a cashier's check (and they would make nothing on the finance aspect of the deal). Within 1 hr I received a call from the sales manager, who could not have been any nicer and agreed to everything. Gave me a money factor of .00017 (with a .00003 mark up meaning the interest rate was increased from .336% to .41%) and used the new MSRP to calculate the residual. The new numbers lowered my monthly payment by 13% or a full tank of gas.
As much as I hate the tactics they use, I do respect the guy for stepping up and doing the right thing.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Also, if anyone wants any help understanding how these leases work, I am very familiar with them and am happy to help anyone who might need it. Now I just have to wait for my Durango to arrive.
Hi.. I would appreciate your input on my situation. I ordered a 22 DD and it just arrived. The dealer is giving me a hard time on the following
1. Price hike from $64,180 to $64,630
2. Unwilling to honor rebates totaling $1,250 on final price of DD.
3. Unwilling to drop MF from .0004300 (even though I have excellent credit) TIER 1 with a Residual of .5200%
4. Stating I give at least $2,000 down to keep Payment @ $957.00 p/month for 36 months
5. Adding A Cap Red fee of $485.89
What are your thoughts? Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.. I would appreciate your input on my situation. I ordered a 22 DD and it just arrived. The dealer is giving me a hard time on the following
1. Price hike from $64,180 to $64,630
2. Unwilling to honor rebates totaling $1,250 on final price of DD.
3. Unwilling to drop MF from .0004300 (even though I have excellent credit) TIER 1 with a Residual of .5200%
4. Stating I give at least $2,000 down to keep Payment @ $957.00 p/month for 36 months
5. Adding A Cap Red fee of $485.89
What are your thoughts? Thanks in Advance!
1. Price hikes are going to happen. Most dealerships will honor the build price that you signed, but others won’t budge. I’m not an expert in this, but the FED just increased their interest rate. This increase may have a correlation with current money factors, but these MFs are set towards the beginning of the month. Maybe someone can chime in on this? They closed building of R/T plus and removed the red color from build.
2. They should honor rebates, assuming you qualify for them.
3. Check edmunds forums for current MF for your area. I haven’t seen anything over .00024 in the past 3 months in my area.
4. To be blunt, that’s not a good deal. Leasehackr has a very good tool to estimate your payments. With $0 down, you should be below the $800 mark.
5. Can’t comment on the Cap. Red. fee (any down payment should take care of your first payment, associated fees and Cap. Red.). Someone could clarify this.

My wife and I are currently waiting on our build with 2 different dealers because we had a feeling that one of the dealerships was only using us to get it on the lot and not follow through with what we all agreed to. In the end hole up the price and sell it for more profit. I hope it doesn’t happen, but it’s possible.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
so we just leased a DDR/T plus, we ordered it, after all was said and done with our trade in we are at $650 for 36 with 6k down, is this an ok deal? i have no idea!
Some would argue that the 6k down is abit much as that money is gone...dealers make a nice side profit taking in your trade and applying the equity to your lease...If you add all the $ you will pay at the end of your lease and include the residual as if you bought it at the end and that total is close to the MSRP then its not going to be that bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my thought is that this will prob be the end of these vehicles with v8, we will prob buy it out in the end, theres just no good looking suvs or cars made anymore. and prob no more v8's
That's why I so bitterly resent my choice of ordering a Rubicon 4xe. Ordered it five months ago, discovered the Durango three weeks ago and loved it, but haven't found a dealer that will sell an R/T Plus with Tow N Go at MSRP (with FCA Affiliates and the Durango cash rebate, I'm willing to accept I won't get anything below MSRP in this market). It might be foolish to think about a Durango as a long term car, but in paper the mature 5.7 and ZF sounds pretty solid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts