Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those that have ordered a 21, when is your expected delivery date? Local dealer told me December. True?

Also, because you have to factor in subtracting the cost of the standard tow package when you get the tow-n-go, it came out to $3,386 more. For all those performance goodies, that seems like a real win to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I swapped 6/4 pots onto my 2014 and ended up going with the Powerstop Z23 Evo Sport carbon/ceramic pads. Are those the ones you used?
Yup, I used the z23 and z26. They are identical only the back is different and they both performed the same, great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yup, I used the z23 and z26. They are identical only the back is different and they both performed the same, great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, the 23’s have some kind of padded back, while the 26’s are metal or something? I know the pad compound is the same, though.

I first ran a set of Posi Quiet semi-metallic. They were suuuuuper loud, and dusted so badly, I couldn’t drive to work and back before needing to clean the wheels again. These don’t bite as hard, but still way better than stock, but are quiet and dust free.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, I find the 8500/8700 lb tow rating deceiving because FCA didn’t increase the GAWR/GVWR/GCWR capacities.

My 5.7 DD AWD weighed in at 5,820 lbs (w/ only me in it), that means a 7,280 lb trailer to stay under the 13,100 lbs GCWR. I’m the only occupant...How does FCA come up with 8,500 lb tow rating??
GCWR is 14,600 on the SRT and I will assume the same for the RT with tow n go. Max trailer is 8700 (2wd), 8500 (AWD), so 5900 and 6100 max of the Durango weights. So that really limits it on payload with the max trailer rating.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those that have ordered a 21, when is your expected delivery date? Local dealer told me December. True?

Also, because you have to factor in subtracting the cost of the standard tow package when you get the tow-n-go, it came out to $3,386 more. For all those performance goodies, that seems like a real win to me.
Supposedly, production begins Monday October 5th. I was told my order could arrive in November.
I suppose it depends when you ordered and you fit in the queue, and other factors like what else is on the
transporter heading your way. My order is in D status with a VIN already assigned.

·
Registered
317 Posts
GCWR is 14,600 on the SRT and I will assume the same for the RT with tow n go. Max trailer is 8700 (2wd), 8500 (AWD), so 5900 and 6100 max of the Durango weights. So that really limits it on payload with the max trailer rating.
You are correct, I see the 14,600 lbs now.

Also the rear GAWR was also increased slightly to 3,940 lbs, but GVWR remains at 7,100 lbs.

I ageee, looks like payload will be an issue. 850 lbs of tongue weight leaves little room

Also interesting that frontal area is reduced from 60 sq-ft to 55 sq-ft
88FC1B40-6FB2-4328-BFC6-C0DEE11CF9A3.png
17E960F5-37EE-45B7-A045-8C2CAB3EF919.png
88FC1B40-6FB2-4328-BFC6-C0DEE11CF9A3.png

·
Registered
182 Posts
870 tongue weight is crazy. Probably need wheelie bars. That’s some serious squat even with equalizers.
So, the wife and I and 2 kids and a small dog at say 500lbs total, 850 tongue weight trailer on a trailer that weighs 8500lbs, we are maxed out on the DD. So roof racks are a wasted option. 😏
After towing our TT with a few 1500’s, then going with a 2500, I remember the wife asking on our first camping trip if the trailer was hooked up. So much better of a towing experience when the tow vehicle
is pulling the trailer instead of the trailer pushing the tow vehicle. That’s why I am hoping our trailer is not
going to be doing this with the DD, even with tow n go. Thankfully it has room to get all our loaded up goodies in the trailer and not in the back of the DD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty excited about the 2021 Durango coming out , the new Interior, front end and the Tow and Go package.
But then I started to think about the SRT tire size, Brembo brake replacement and the cost of both of those are much more then what you have to pay when you own a R/T without the Tow and Go package.

Thoughts?
I agree! I'm retiring my '03 Durango SLT w/ 152K miles, just installed the third battery in 18 years! I love this truck, but I'm giving a good home after I get my 2021 R/T

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mantis if you can budget it why not go big and have no regrets.... Yes RT without tow n go is still nice as hell but the way I looked at it when I did my purchase is I get everything the SRT has minus 100hp and saved myself $10K... and got an extra 90 - 100 miles on a tank of gas

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mantis if you can budget it why not go big and have no regrets.... Yes RT without tow n go is still nice as hell but the way I looked at it when I did my purchase is I get everything the SRT has minus 100hp and saved myself $10K... and got an extra 90 - 100 miles on a tank of gas
I was wondering what else you “don’t” get in the RT. Launch control, SRT seats and the funky illuminated steering wheel emblem come to mind. Must be more......?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was wondering what else you “don’t” get in the RT. Launch control, SRT seats and the funky illuminated steering wheel emblem come to mind. Must be more......?
Until they open up the build function on the dodge website it will be hard to exactly see what you dont get but I do believe RT has launch control. But you do get the srt suspension, exhast, panel flairs, brakes, tow power, so thats a good deal for $4995 in my eyes

·
Registered
182 Posts
As well, tires and wheels, transfer case, electronic differential, SRT active noise cancelation, additional drive modes, self level headlights.

·
Registered
317 Posts
As well, tires and wheels, transfer case, electronic differential, SRT active noise cancelation, additional drive modes, self level headlights.
Self leveling headlights are not unique to Tow N Go

The transfer case is a curious change. I wonder if it will survive behind the 5.7 since the 6.4 is blowing them up.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts