Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree Tow and Go is not a good value at list price, but if you got 10% - 15% off MSRP of then it becomes a bit more palatable. But still, the fact that it forces AWD isn't quite a deal breaker, but it does put cracks in it (deal). I'm sorta glad that its $5k, no regrets here on my '19 R/T.

Tow and Go without tow package, haha...I guess Covid is affecting FCA like the rest of us.
Where does it say Tow N Go requires AWD?

Never mind I found it in the feature availability document:

Performance tuned AWD system (included with Tow N Go Package)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am still interested like Mantis has started out, do I need new pads every 20k miles and possibly rotors? I drive 18k per year and need consumables to last a bit longer than that. I love the look of Brembos but that gets expensive really fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am still interested like Mantis has started out, do I need new pads every 20k miles and possibly rotors? I drive 18k per year and need consumables to last a bit longer than that. I love the look of Brembos but that gets expensive really fast.
It’s impossible to make a blanket statement like that. Brake pads might last one person 40k and another person 15k. One might do a lot of highway, the other a lot of stop and go. Someone that lives in the mountains of Colorado will go through pads a lot quicker than someone who lives in Nebraska. A lot of factors...

·
Registered
182 Posts
RT in Canada comes with hitch, brake controller. The tow n go is $5400. I guess I am the “knucklehead”, because I get the SRT look and a few of the SRT features, but the fuel economy of a 5.7 and run regular fuel. I personally think ALL the features/upgrades in the package are worth the cost.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Another way to rationalize the additional cost is to remember that your car with these features will be worth more than the one next to it without these features.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Another way to rationalize the additional cost is to remember that your car with these features will be worth more than the one next to it without these features.
Yes, but that’s a stretch considering the heaviest depreciation occurs on optional features/packages

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, but that’s a stretch considering the heaviest depreciation occurs on optional features/packages
That’s very true, but, if you were looking at equal used DD’s in terms of mileage and wear and tear etc. you would probably want the one with the greater options for a bit more money.
I know I would.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
This is showing a E-limited slip diff is included in the package.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is showing a E-limited slip diff is included in the package.
Yup, that’s what I ordered. And with the Blacktop Pkg. you also get the Hellcat “Lights out” rims.
So it’s a true crossover within itself, a 5.7 SRT, with a dash of Hellcat.😏

·
Registered
203 Posts
Knucklehead is harsh, my apologies. All that I would want from the package are the Brembo's and the suspension, so its just not a good value to me personally. I WOULD BE a knucklehead if I ordered that package, not you.

I have a RAM to tow with, I don't want AWD, exhaust is subjective (but I could probably sell for what a Force II would cost me), and I don't like the wheels shown on the Mopar Insiders page. I honestly feel bad for the SRT folks that I have their hood. The last thing I would want is more SRT "aggressive looks" without the goods to back it up, too poser for me. But, I do LOVE the SRT hood, so no backsies!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Knucklehead is harsh, my apologies. All that I would want from the package are the Brembo's and the suspension, so its just not a good value to me personally. I WOULD BE a knucklehead if I ordered that package, not you.

I have a RAM to tow with, I don't want AWD, exhaust is subjective (but I could probably sell for what a Force II would cost me), and I don't like the wheels shown on the Mopar Insiders page. I honestly feel bad for the SRT folks that I have their hood. The last thing I would want is more SRT "aggressive looks" without the goods to back it up, too poser for me. But, I do LOVE the SRT hood, so no backsies!
No apologies required.
I have a 19 new gen 1500, that I will replacing with the DD. For the amount I need to tow (TT 6500lbs loaded up and 26’ long), I feel the Durango will do just fine. I am just getting tired of driving pick up trucks, my last five vehicles have been Rams, and very rarely use the box.
The build I have ordered is pretty much dressed like a SRT, except with the 5.7.
I had the 6.4 in a 2500, and it was a thirsty bugger, and that was on regular grade fuel.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I still have 2 questions not yet confirmed.
1. Does it have the 3.70 SRT diffs?
2. Does it have the SRT suspension spring rates?
Hopefully Yes to #1. and No to #2.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So according to a few sources this is what comes in the tow n go.
NetCarShow.com lists the following.
20x10 Hyper black aluminum wheels
Black 6 piston front, 4 piston rear Brembos
Pirelli Scorpion Zero run flat 295’s
Compact spare
Bilstein SRT active dampening high performance suspension....Item #2 ?
Electronic limited slip diff?....Item #1 ?
Performance SRT exhaust
Class IV hitch
Brake controller
Wide body flares....I am thinking SRT mouldings
Hard button drive modes
SRT active noise cancellation
Automatic headlamp leveling

Also it is my understanding that with the Blacktop package you get the 20x10 “Lights Out” Hellcat wheels, along with the black badging and mirror caps.

I also ordered the SRT interior package that has the leather stitched dash and the suede headliner, which I also read included the carbon fibre trim pieces, although I am not so sure it does.
Time will tell once it arrives.
My order is in “D” status with a vin assigned and in queue.
My guess is arrives in November, maybe for my birthday on the 10th. 🤗
Cheers!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I still have 2 questions not yet confirmed.
1. Does it have the 3.70 SRT diffs?
2. Does it have the SRT suspension spring rates?
Hopefully Yes to #1. and No to #2.
So I got thinking (which according to my wife is dangerous), if the RT with tow n go, gets a tow rating of 8700lbs, the same as the SRT and Hellcat, it should have the same 3.70 rear end? I don’t think just adding the 10” wide wheels would achieve the rating.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts