Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty excited about the 2021 Durango coming out , the new Interior, front end and the Tow and Go package.
But then I started to think about the SRT tire size, Brembo brake replacement and the cost of both of those are much more then what you have to pay when you own a R/T without the Tow and Go package.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
For those that want to look, it's an easy choice. The RT over the GT cost more as well, so if you wanna play, you gotta pay. I brought a 03 high output 6spd Cummins as a daily cause I wanted it, so I'm probably not the person to ask about buying extra stuff you may not need! Lol

Reactions: mantis

·
Registered
175 Posts
Never let rational thinking get in the way of a profound want. I'm only partly joking...brakes and tires are not monthly expenses, these are intervals measured in years. If you're really concerned about finances, consider the transaction cost of selling a car you bought new (presumably) and then buying another new one. It's not insignificant, or at least should minimize your concerns of slightly more expensive ownership costs. Personally I would not sell my R/T just for Tow and Go...but I WOULD for a freakin' Hellcat DD!!

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
621 Posts
I think the tow n go is pretty damn cool, but many years too late(I'm jealous). I have heard from many SRT owners that the brembos wear quickly and the rotors need to be replaced with the pads. Not sure how true. The SRT tire size is actually not that expensive. I think it comes with run flats, but if you go with non run flats it's much cheaper.

·
Registered
910 Posts
With my current 2018 R/T it is really nice, would have been nicer however, with the adaptive suspension and Brembo's the Tow N Go will give it in 2021. I don't feel IMO anyway, that the package is worth it, as I'm pretty certain it will add around $10K to the price tag.

Hear me out here, Brembo's are around $3K, wheels and tires for 20x10 will add more money, and then the adaptive suspension is the big how much question my guess is at least $3K, and of course there are other upgrades adding more $.

My current AWD R/T retailed for $50K with full leather and tow package, and none of the following: sunroof, tech package, entertainment package, etc. So with just the basic stuff, then adding all the SRT goodies for the Tow N Go, it will probably be around $60K. Hope I'm way off on the price for those looking to get this package, but for that price range you can get a new low optioned 392 SRT.

I'm not flaming on the package at all, nor am I discouraging anyone from getting it. I think as a whole, it looks and sounds like an awesome package. For me personally, the R/T is a good platform and priced about right currently without getting into the higher dollar SRT territory. Adding all of the Tow N Go stuff will probably push it over the top for some not looking to pay near the current SRT territory price range.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Tow and Go package also gets the SRT exhaust system.
Good points on the Package and up coming pricing. I can't see how the package isn't going to be pricey. But your right with that package and a few other add ons you might be right in SRT pricing

·
Registered
175 Posts
It wouldn't make much sense to me for Tow and Go pricing to be anywhere near a low optioned SRT, only a knucklehead would sign up for that. Like I've said before, arriving at an MSRP is complicated, so using list prices as a basis for what the package would cost is a bit naive. I can assure you an Escalade isn't twice as expensive as a Tahoe for GM to build, its just a helluva lot more profitable (like the SRT is, and the Hell Cat will be compared to a base DD for instance)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess we all have to wait until Dodge releases the 2021 Build page on their website so we all can learn exactly what this is all about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Tow and Go package also gets the SRT exhaust system.
Good points on the Package and up coming pricing. I can't see how the package isn't going to be pricey. But your right with that package and a few other add ons you might be right in SRT pricing
The Tow N Go is $4995 for anyone asking.
Base RT AWD is $47905

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
New interior would be my guess for the price increase.
I hope you can get that tow package on RWD too.

Speaking of pricing...did you see the new Tahoe w/Z71 package tested on MT and C&D priced at $76K?!!!
Dang, the Durango is a bargain! Tows as much too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Speaking of pricing...did you see the new Tahoe w/Z71 package tested on MT and C&D priced at $76K?!!!
Dang, the Durango is a bargain! Tows as much too.
Tow rating is a little deceiving. The Tahoe can haul more, it has a higher GVWR & rear GAWR to handle the tongue weight.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No 3.70 gears either? This package is a major disappointment. At $5k it’s a waste.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If 5k is truly the cost, I don't think that's bad. Brembos, adaptive suspension, tweaked steering and upgraded center diff, wider body flares, bigger tires and wheels PLUS the standard towing stuff (you guys forget just getting the regular tow package costs $1200) . Adding all that other stuff for $3800 sounds pretty good to me...The only thing I don't like is run flats.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is it for certain that the TNG package comes with the 3.08 gears and does not come with 3.70 gears? I'd be 50-50 whether I would go for it if that's the case.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If 5k is truly the cost, I don't think that's bad. Brembos, adaptive suspension, tweaked steering and upgraded center diff, wider body flares, bigger tires and wheels PLUS the standard towing stuff (you guys forget just getting the regular tow package costs $1200) . Adding all that other stuff for $3800 sounds pretty good to me...The only thing I don't like is run flats.
Looks like it doesn’t include the tow package. So $6k+ for total package
26F72BFE-F111-4588-86B7-64BDA5D78D53.png

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
At the intro on this package Dodge said it included a limited slip diff.
That would be worth it...otherwise basically the only change to raise the tow rating from 7200-7400 lbs to 8700 is the addition of the Brembo brakes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like it doesn’t include the tow package. So $6k+ for total package View attachment 111153
I find it hard to believe they’ll sell a package called tow n go which includes a towing specific setting for the drivetrain and not install a hitch in the car. You couldn’t buy the tow package and the tow n go, because the tow package has self leveling suspension, and the go package has active dampers. It’s one or the othe other. Maybe the hitch itself is an option. But we will see at launch.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree Tow and Go is not a good value at list price, but if you got 10% - 15% off MSRP of then it becomes a bit more palatable. But still, the fact that it forces AWD isn't quite a deal breaker, but it does put cracks in it (deal). I'm sorta glad that its $5k, no regrets here on my '19 R/T.

Tow and Go without tow package, haha...I guess Covid is affecting FCA like the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts