Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello @dpcv8!

If desired, our team would like to offer our added support throughout the duration of your dealer visit. Please send us a private message with your mileage and VIN to get started! We hope to hear from you soon and are eager to work together on this matter.

Hannah
Dodge Cares

Reactions: RancidLunchmeat

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
292 Posts
Dropped off at the dealer body shop today. Fingers crossed.
You should be Okay... Not much to installing an emblem, but if they mess this up....RUN!!!! Fast and far from that dealer...Run like Forrest.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
The big question is whether they are going to put it where the factory puts it or are they going to match the other side...

Richard P.

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
336 Posts
It's fixed. My dealers body shop did a good job. I measured the alignment and its 100% level and the measurements are exactly even for each badge on both sides.
I've thought about down-badging to a GT, and for good measure throwing some V6 emblems on the sides, even though DD's don't use them.

Reactions: Cathy Buya

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2021 SRT came in (new) with crocked 392 badges and our dealership replaced them right away with new ones. The alignment is perfect and no scratches on the paint.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Excellent thanks. Enjoy the ride one of the best engines I’ve owned! Break it in correctly, it will be difficult because it just wants to roar!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
They put these badges on with a jig at the factory. It's amazing that they can be crooked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Because it's a Dodge and the QC on the $70k SRT is the same as the QC on the $33k SXT?

You should absolutely force the dealer to do it for you. There's no reason they should scratch the paint by applying an adhesive badge.

Just make sure to tell them you're going to measure both sides to make sure they're even after they're done and that should be enough to make them take a bit of care.
They re going to have a body shop do it..won't be an issue.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts