Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
You should de-badge it but if not, the dealer will correct it.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,390 Posts
Yes, no part number needed. Have your dealer put it on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I'm going to make sure they fix it, just like to have as much information as possible.

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT AWD Town'NGo
108 Posts
Why this is happening for a $70K+ car? I don’t get it Do not let the dealer do it for you, they will scratch your paint, and it will never be in correct area. Just watch some videos and see if there is any template.

You will need this badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
810 Posts
Something else that is blatantly obvious. There is no QC…. This is just lame.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ugh, QC seems awful lately. Make sure it's really an SRT...I'm joking, but serious too. On FB someone posted pix of a brand new GT with hemi badges.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Why this is happening for a $70K+ car? I don’t get it Do not let the dealer do it for you, they will scratch your paint, and it will never be in correct area.
Because it's a Dodge and the QC on the $70k SRT is the same as the QC on the $33k SXT?

You should absolutely force the dealer to do it for you. There's no reason they should scratch the paint by applying an adhesive badge.

Just make sure to tell them you're going to measure both sides to make sure they're even after they're done and that should be enough to make them take a bit of care.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because it's a Dodge and the QC on the $70k SRT is the same as the QC on the $33k SXT?

You should absolutely force the dealer to do it for you. There's no reason they should scratch the paint by applying an adhesive badge.

Just make sure to tell them you're going to measure both sides to make sure they're even after they're done and that should be enough to make them take a bit of care.
They don’t care. Also, how will they scratch the paint? When you are going to clean the area to stick the badge, I bet they will do it with a dirty cloth and that will put a lot of scratches/swirls in the surface. Believe me, I know what I’m talking about. They don’t care a sh$t for your car.

My advice: Clean it yourself and do it yourself. Nobody will do it better than you. It’s a badge, you don’t need a master for it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
lest anyone forget esp the OCD most of the HC's have the fender logos about an inch different in height....don't know if they ever corrected it...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealer ordered the badge and I have an apointment to get it installed. They documented it before I paid and drove off the lot. I trust they wont screw it up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dealer ordered the badge and I have an apointment to get it installed. They documented it before I paid and drove off the lot. I trust they wont screw it up.
Fingers crossed

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
334 Posts
Ugh, QC seems awful lately. Make sure it's really an SRT...I'm joking, but serious too. On FB someone posted pix of a brand new GT with hemi badges.
Even worse, someone on here just got a new Hellcat with the gauge cluster from a V6 DD, including a 140MPH limit and wrong redline.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
288 Posts
lest anyone forget esp the OCD most of the HC's have the fender logos about an inch different in height....don't know if they ever corrected it...
I noticed the same thing on my SRT when I was making a template for the emblems so they could PPF the fenders then replace the emblems. The PS was an about 1" off

·
Registered
108 Posts
Even worse, someone on here just got a new Hellcat with the gauge cluster from a V6 DD, including a 140MPH limit and wrong redline.
Nooooooooo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts