Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT 392 Lightweight vice white, Mopar springs & exhaust
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of a new 2021 Durango SRT 392 with the lightweight package.

As I expected, the lightweight package has substituted carpeted, covered floor bins in place of the third row seats.

!! But for some reason, I still have the third-row side arm rests and cupholders. !!

I thought it was supposed to have bins on the side, not armrests/cupholders.

As best I as I can find out from FCA, this is "correctly built" but not as useful as the previous packages.

So -- please help! does anyone have the part numbers to order the correct side bins and mounting?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is one of many reasons FCA has such a bad rep. But they're just about the only ones building anything fun!

Congrats on your new ride. Sorry I don't have anything positive to contribute to your issue. Tell us about your build, either here or in a new thread.

As someone who plans to buy a DSRT and one who hauls crap a lot (no kids), I've considered this option.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah, this SAME THING happened to my 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T. I went to order the Mopar side bins (fabric or plastic "saddlebags") and Mopar had taken them out of production before I even took delivery of the car. Still have the Magnum and could never find that part anywhere, ever.

What I need is the part number just for the sides+ the mounting hardware. My guess is that the mounting will be different from previous years, but maybe I can make it work somehow.

I don't want history to repeat itself, so this time I am going to get the side bins even if I have to velcro them or duct tape them in place. I hope I don't have to buy the whole lightweight kit, but I will if I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a new 2021 Durango SRT 392 with the lightweight package.

As I expected, the lightweight package has substituted carpeted, covered floor bins in place of the third row seats.

!! But for some reason, I still have the third-row side arm rests and cupholders. !!

As best I as I can find out from FCA, this is "correctly built" but not as useful as the previous packages.

So -- please help! does anyone have the part numbers to order the correct side bins and mounting?

Thanks!!
Found one! Police Pursuit For Sale

Looks like you need to borrow a VIN of a Police Durango and use that with your local Mopar parts source to find the bins in the image below. The SXTs without the third row maintain the armrests and cupholders like you mention. Our police department has these, I will need to see if they were built with the bins and see if I can borrow a VIN.

Durango Special Service

Reactions: RancidLunchmeat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like you need to borrow a VIN of a Police Durango and use that with your local Mopar parts source to find the bins in the image below. The SXTs without the third row maintain the armrests and cupholders like you mention. Our police department has these, I will need to see if they were built with the bins and see if I can borrow a VIN.
Thanks!! That will help, I do notice that this also has a different in-floor storage as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks!!

Pics

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks!!
I work for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer. If you can give me the last 8 of VIN I can try and look it up for you. I’m in Emmaus PA so I can at least see if I can get you part numbers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks!! That will help, I do notice that this also has a different in-floor storage as well. If you want to PM me or give the VIN to DARcars Dodge in Rockville, MD that will be helpful. I'm working with Taylor in the service dept. Thanks again.

By the way, DARcars was excellent to work with, I also got the Mopar exhaust and springs on after delivery.
Thanks!! That will help, I do notice that this also has a different in-floor storage as well. If you want to PM me or give the VIN to DARcars Dodge in Rockville, MD that will be helpful. I'm working with Taylor in the service dept. Thanks again.

By the way, DARcars was excellent to work with, I also got the Mopar exhaust and springs on after delivery.
I edited my earlier post with a link to a website that sells Pursuit Durangos, but here is a VIN for one... 1C4SDJFT6LC368321

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I edited my earlier post with a link to a website that sells Pursuit Durangos, but here is a VIN for one...
Thanks! Is that a 2021 VIN? From what information I can get, is that the 2020 and 2021 have different mounting hardware and attachment, and to be 100% certain, I need to get a 2021 Pursuit VIN. Possibly the bin part is not being made yet for the 2021s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! Is that a 2021 VIN? From what information I can get, is that the 2020 and 2021 have different mounting hardware and attachment, and to be 100% certain, I need to get a 2021 Pursuit VIN. Possibly the bin part is not being made yet for the 2021s.
The VIN I gave you was for a 2020. I can't find a 2021 VIN anywhere for a Pursuit. The rear cargo area hasn't changed since 2011. I doubt the bins would be any different, but having a 2021 VIN would answer that question for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The VIN I gave you was for a 2020. I can't find a 2021 VIN anywhere for a Pursuit. The rear cargo area hasn't changed since 2011. I doubt the bins would be any different, but having a 2021 VIN would answer that question for you.
Thanks for the VIN, it pulls up side armrests and cupholders, not bins. This would possibly mean that the bins are not coming from Mopar. It may be a conversion done by some other refitter that installs its own bins on the Mopar OEM panels.

I have a couple more ideas to pursue so I will update when I get a result.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I didn't know there was a lightweight package, but have wondered how much I could lighten it by removing interior pieces. Funny thing is that when I see that added underfloor storage, the first thing I think about is all the extra tools, emergency supplies, hitch parts, etc that I could carry - which would completely defeat the idea of a lightweight package. It would be better to just upgrade to the Hellcat! :unsure:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't know there was a lightweight package, but have wondered how much I could lighten it by removing interior pieces. Funny thing is that when I see that added underfloor storage, the first thing I think about is all the extra tools, emergency supplies, hitch parts, etc that I could carry - which would completely defeat the idea of a lightweight package. It would be better to just upgrade to the Hellcat! :unsure:
I went Hellcat with the Lightweight package. 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How is the bench seat? Is it comfortable ? Or is it pretty barren ?
I took some pictures. Looks like they are heated, but haven't tested that yet.

There are 2nd row vents and controls, center armrest/cupholder and the seats fold flat across.

Seems comfortable enough and they are just fine for bench seats. More of a wagon vibe instead of a minivan.

The bench seat is not available with the red/leather, they are just standard seats. Well, it seems you can spec red seat belts if wanted.

I also have the standard headliner and no sunroof.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts