Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one install the mopar running boards on their 2021 Durango R/T ? My 5' 3' wife is having a hard time exiting the vehicle. I wonder how they will look . The mopar web site picture isn't very clear.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I wouldn't recommend any running boards for any DD....I've seen a lot of them and they all look horrible not to mention pretty much useless...it actually makes it more awkward to get in and out of.
He did not ask your opinion on what you think runningboards look like, and honestly there are many other people on here, including myself who do have runningboards on their Durango. I did not put them on, but I like to look at the chrome running boards with our citadel. Point is, the original poster asked specifically about mopar running boards and if anyone had them for an RT and you put your opinion in that all running boards look stupid on the Durango, maybe in that situation just keep your opinion to yourself.

·
Registered
467 Posts
To the OP, we have the Mopar chrome tubular runningboards on our citadel. I don’t actually step on them because I am 6 foot 3 and don’t need them I just step around it, but my kids use them getting in and out of the car and I think my wife steps on it too. On your RT you obviously would not go with the chrome ones, I am not familiar with what Mopar offers for the RT that looks good with that sport package but I think if you are going to go with runningboards Mopar is a good option if you find ones that fit your look for your RT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both for your opinion. I really think our Durangos look better without the boards but my 68 year old wife is having a hard time jumping down when she exits the vehicle . The mopar ones are tubular and come in all black. Mopar tests their products but they are expensive. They should be similar to the citadel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 5'2" wife wants boards on her RT, so I'm going to purchase the black Mopar ones

Reactions: DuRonbo

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
89 Posts
I did Westin boards on my 15 RT, seems to be good quality. Very solid feeling under foot with good grip when wet. Bought them second hand from a JGC owner so they're on the shorter side but I'm content with the functionality

1 - 20 of 25 Posts