Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, new member. Picked up a 2021 Durango SRT 2 weeks ago from a local gmc dealer. Clean carfax, no accidents, 1 other owner. Love it… but have an issue that no one, including mechanics, seem to understand.

My instrument panel is official SRT, but the software on it is R/T, meaning it’s running the wrong software. What this means is:

1) my speedometer on the left side acts as a tachometer. When I am parked and rev, it moves. It doesn’t tell me my speed

2) the main display has no tachometer… just the speedometer read out in either digital or analog

The car came from NJ, not California, so it’s unlikely it was “detuned” (like that poor kid with the Hyundai). Additionally the Uconnect displays SRT and all the drive modes, performance pages, etc. Plus the car really moves.

I’ve reached out to Mopar and they haven’t helped except telling me to take it to the dealer. The local dodge dealer has no idea what’s going on and wants to charge me 200/hr to investigate. The dealer that sold me the car has offered to take it back and try to resolve… but I would hate to lose it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or guesses as to what is going on and how to correct? I have videos I can post but not sure how to do that.

Thanks for any ideas
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Plant Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I does seem unlikely that the prior owner didn't notice this if it has had the wrong cluster from day one..
I first thought the same thing, but this isn’t an RT cluster, an RT cluster has a tachometer on the left. Mine has a speedometer which is unique to the SRT instrument panel.
That's pretty wild...wonder if someone screwed up with some kinda tazer or pedal commander. I have the tazer and still haven't put it in for reasons like this...Did you n notice this during test drive?
This is interesting… made me google Tazer and saw a video about it on the SRT by MattySRT. I’m curious about a clip in it about editing the dash.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI I have a similar issue, I emailed Alfaobd and they told me they programmed cant fix this. the dealer they blamed my issue on a tune and that caused the p1400 code, mine happen after the dealer installed a software recall update to fix the gas leveler not reading correctly and re-updated the uconnect software. Dealer did nothing but waste my time and blamed me for the code, said they didn't update anything, (its in the work sheet) and lately "we didn't look at the cluster when it came in so you probably came in like that". They gave me the car back and told me to go clear the code!? and come back... so after much looking and research I found a aftermarket dodge shop and they been looking at it and have calls out to some higher ups at dodge and I'm aspecting an answer this week ill let you know. FYI Dodge srt worthless also dodge cares should be dodge doesn't care.
What was your original issue?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apparently HPTUNERS can clear the code if you flash the unlocked pcm. Read the Pcm/tcm together and manually select the tcm controller. But you need a pcm unlocked and the hptuners and a Hail Mary. $$$ hopefully this guy can fix this. Padge where you located?
I am in PA north of Philly. A lot of this is over my head being new to the Dodge scene, but I confirmed my PCM has the same vin as my car, so it isn’t a replacement.
I bought the car in early January and just didn’t realize the issue until shortly after. The dealer does seem intent on fixing or reversing the purchase if it can’t be fixed.
I have an appointment with a dodge dealer on Wednesday that will hopefully resolve this. I’ll update following.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
So truck is still at Dodge Service.
They reset the IPC and the BCM but that didn’t change anything. They flashed the IPC, that didn’t work. They now opened a case with STAR to hear what the next steps should be.

Just to play Devils advocate here, even if the PCM was replaced, it still would have the correct VIN programmed into it, or else the truck would not run. Now if the sticker has the VIN on it, that may help, but even original PCM's can be sent in to be "unlocked" so a tune can be added......
It does have the VIN sticker on the PCM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts