Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Hello. I also have a Destroyer 2021 with R/T software on my SRT cluster. I purchased the car used a few weeks ago and realized the issue when I searched thru settings for a Tachometer and realized my analog speedometer on the left was actually showing RPMs not MPH.

I am new to dodge, so I don’t know much but I confirmed the PCM vin matches the vehicles and there doesn’t appear to be any tuner (Tazer, etc) on the car.

Fortunately the selling dealer is willing to fix this or reverse my purchase. Frustrated for sure… I have an appointment at Dodge this coming week to hopefully resolve. Will report back.

· Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Sorry to read about your 1st experience with Dodge. I hope your dealer can get it sorted for you. Is it a Dodge dealer? If so they may just get it done cause they will not want to reverse the sale so you have a fighting chance :D

· Registered
33 Posts
I think we all 3 are not the first owners, but that does not make any difference - e.g. for me authorized dealer confirmed that my SRT is clean from any modifications.

And i had the issue before "IPC flash is legit for incorrect fuel levels", so that flash does not screw up in theory.
Dealer tried update with that flash, ran the procedure, saw it was complete, but when connecting next time to the car he saw that its again can be updated by same flash, therefore something is not going through. There is where idea about ruined cluster firmware/chip memory came up.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
3,277 Posts
So @Vztech, you are clairvoyant and can do remote lie detector tests?

• Haha
Reactions: Vztech

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
3,277 Posts
As mentioned before it will come back over a few days as the radio communicates with all the modules in the car.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT, destroyer grey,
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
My post got deleted, but I have seen P1400 when the security protocol gets out of sync between the modules in a dead battery or bad flash situation.
Think its 4 people now. My was new and this is what happened to my the car, was driving it went off, shut down while driving, and it was because of a loose battery wire according to the dealer. They did the IPC flash for incorrect fuel levels and "updated" the Uconnect to the version I already had and BOOM R/T cluster.
Vztech when is your lease up?
As mentioned before it will come back over a few days as the radio communicates with all the modules in the car.
This is going on since November 8th and nothing came back for me. Maybe the clairvoyant above can help us and tell us how to fix it...?

· Registered
82 Posts
A dealership that has a guy that is handy with the starlinkntool should be able to put this back right. It may require a new engine controller and Body controller.

On the Jeeps that I tune. I can use Alpha OBDII to turn on quite a few features from various other models.

Sometimes I end up having to to do a full rewrite of rhe engine and transmission ECM to reset the key onsecurity code communication. This resets the code to some common out of the factory code, which is one way these get stolen by the way.

At any rate under warranty, this should be completely rectifiable, and even know they see a P1400, there is another tattletale that should show how many times the Engine controller has been reflashed. They all should ve accountable.in Starlink. The P1400 code is really a poor design that triggers the uninitiated.

· Premium Member
3,083 Posts
A dealership that has a guy that is handy with the starlinkntool should be able to put this back right. It may require a new engine controller and Body controller.

On the Jeeps that I tune. I can use Alpha OBDII to turn on quite a few features from various other models.

Sometimes I end up having to to do a full rewrite of rhe engine and transmission ECM to reset the key onsecurity code communication. This resets the code to some common out of the factory code, which is one way these get stolen by the way.

At any rate under warranty, this should be completely rectifiable, and even know they see a P1400, there is another tattletale that should show how many times the Engine controller has been reflashed. They all should ve accountable.in Starlink. The P1400 code is really a poor design that triggers the uninitiated.
It seems you expect a dealer can really do this? :unsure:

· Premium Member
3,083 Posts
They are suppose to be able to. If I had access to their tools, I know I can.
Yes they are supposed to be able to but most can't because they tend not to have quality techs working for that.
That added to dealers not wanting to spend time on warranty work, I would be 75 percent of Dodge dealerships fall into this category.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT, destroyer grey,
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Unfortunately the "we did nothing to cause this, whatever is in the work order is a misprint we didn't do it because of the code and your mopar certified exhaust needs a tune so tell the installer to clear the code and remove the tune we cant find of prove that you have" talk from the dealer after 3 weeks of having my car doesn't inspire much confidence. Then the threat to void my warranty and Dodge srt telling me well the dealer said what they said and there's nothing we can do about it because we don't know about cars so we have to believe the dealer!? oh and the Merick service director telling me that I brought the car in like that "we didn't look at the dash so it was probably like that. its like going for an routine operation wake up and realize you missing a kidney and they go well maybe you came in without one and now you blaming us... this is so ridiculous that this people deserve some time of lawsuit to restructure the way they do business.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts