Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Quite a long read….OP, I get that the dealer may have jacked up flash, but if you bought this truck new, then stop lying to us. You 100% had a unlocked pcm in there and swapped it out prior to bringing it. If you bought the truck used, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, since you probably not aware of what the previous owner did. GL, hope you do end up rectifying the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Accuse the dealer of swapping your pcm see if they like being blindly accused. The truth is they have no clue on how to fix your car so they gave you a bs excuse to make you walk

· Registered
70 Posts
I am not sure why my post was removed.

There is the potential to pop the P1400 flag by putting the wrong OS on the ECM, or any module for that matter. So if the dealer did that on accident and then started it up, it may not be an owner provoked code from swapping the ECM.

If the owner is doing ECM calibration changes, may as well own up to it. Getting factory flashes done after the fact is a pretty dicey proposition, if no one is aware.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT, destroyer grey,
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So started a case with Dodge Srt, they told me that the dealership have to now start a thread of communication with dodge techs to see what to do. Brough car in with the appointment made by Dodge, and they told me that they have to order a pcm, and it's coming in 1 week. Picked the car up, (not leaving it there for 1 week) they said it will be here on the 6th you can bring it over then. Got the call "the pcm is in", ok I will come tomorrow morning, no can you come next Monday? 1 week from today? If you knew the pcm was coming in why not reserve me a spot, whatever.
Called dodge srt, they said that the case was never started why did they order the pcm? I don't know you tell me. Brought the car in again and with the new pcm it's still blocking the flash.
Got the text "replaced PCM -- software upload still getting blocked. Once of the strangest occurrence. Anyways, we reached out to the engineers over at Service Technical Assistance Resource (STAR) center to advise on what is next.." I called and they said some strange software must be blocking the flash... They still denying to have done IPC flash for the fuel gauge being off, they saying it's just generic writing on the paperwork they gave me.
All this time no loaner, no care, even the guy I know there went dark on me. Again the code has been there from 5k miles, if the code would prevent the flash, the flash couldn't have been able to be done to begin with at 20k miles, so saying that its my fault that I put a tune and have another pcm and installed an after market exhaust that they never heard off (Modern Performance - Licensed Parts | Direct Connection) that "needs software tuning" is the cause of this is just excuses not to man up to their fuck up.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
I don't know why everyone doubts that he did not put a tune in it. It's unlikely that anyone would by 5000 miles and besides, he says he didn't do it.

· Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I don't know why everyone doubts that he did not put a tune in it. It's unlikely that anyone would by 5000 miles and besides, he says he didn't do it.
Exactly this is a a Dodge we are talking about. STAR should be involved as well as SRT if the complainant is legit and not fibbing.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Sounds like all kinds of tunes flashed to truck, making any updates impossible. Thinking the illegal tune probably has a lock on it. Hope it was worth it.
Oh yes It was I did 10 tunes, flash the ipc, pcm, ucd, radio and I also flashed the rims and run flats. Got the truck to 1399hp and 0-60 1.2345sec.!:rolleyes::p
Again the code that came from the potential tune as nothing to do with the fact that they flashed the IPC and messed up, also they ordered another pcm without star or srt telling them to. They said the code is stored on the pcm, apparently not that's how much they know. Also according to dodge the case was started today when it should have been started on the 28th when I brought the car in.

· Registered
26 Posts
Interesting story at my side:
  • Cluster has R/T in the menu instead of SRT,
  • Cluster speed arrow show rpm instead of speed
  • Check engine light still on but no errors in modules/blocks
  • Car configuration putting to default did not help
  • Cluster update did not help...
Need other SRT Cluster....?

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Dealer cant fix it, they told me for me to figure out how to clear the p1400 code. Now I have the car at a local Dodge guru shop and he is trying to fix it. He thinks since my car shorted (original issue I went in for, loose battery cable) it might have damaged the chip somehow, he claims the code has nothing to do with. We spoke today and he might have it today or tomorrow, ill let you know what he did.

· Registered
26 Posts
p1400 is not related at all. Period.
And the cause of my problem was very similar - dying battery for a long time.
I as well think that its cluster chip related as it does not accept update writing.
However, its still should be Dodge responsibility while loose battery cable (or dying battery) should not damage anything.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
dying battery was my issue also, a battery cable was loose and was draining it, also check the engine for any melted wires that might be touching the metal.
So my kid said this is from the uconnect update the dealer did over my update, he needs the original file to reflash it, he is waiting for dodge to respond. Anyone have one out there by any chance?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts