Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I finally got my Durango. Like a posted in another section I ordered the RT but wife surprised me and she ordered the srt 392 for me, yea yea I know. Anyway I did the whole 500 miles break in thing , and now that that's done I went to try some 0-60 but can't seem to get under 5.9sec. Tried launch, sport and track and the lowest I got was 5.9. Any suggestions? Here is MY SRT BITCH

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
229 Posts
Two things I suggest you check; first is where you checked the 0-60 time, the instrument cluster or the infotainment system. I've heard of them differing for performance info. Second is to verify you aren't in valet mode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Using the right gas? What's the altitude where you're at?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shell v-power nitro+ and im N.Y., Long Island. ill check the cluster also and I don't think im in ballet mode because otherwise the drives modes would work?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Humidity and Heat could/will cause loss of power even a second or so. But I have found over the recent years Mopar has a grasp on programming to have the least loss of power during high heat/humiidty levels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys so I finally got my Durango. Like a posted in another section I ordered the RT but wife surprised me and she ordered the srt 392 for me, yea yea I know. Anyway I did the whole 500 miles break in thing , and now that that's done I went to try some 0-60 but can't seem to get under 5.9sec. Tried launch, sport and track and the lowest I got was 5.9. Any suggestions? Here is MY SRT BITCH
View attachment 115672
Best so far is 4.0s. 30*F on 93 octane. Stock (unless you count the 5hp from intake and catback🤪)

Best in temps above 60*F is 4.2s

·
Registered
986 Posts
As has been said heat is your worst enemy. Heat soak, which can be caused by stop and go traffic, sitting idle for a few minutes, or doing several WOT runs back to back will kill your times. Add heat soak to a 80-90 degree day coupled with humidity and your getting bad 0-60 times.

The best time to try would be early in the morning before it starts getting hot out and the humidity hasn't gotten too bad yet. Basically, the cooler it is with low humidity the better. And obviously make sure your engine isn't hot before trying again. You'll also want to be on the most level road you can find that doesn't go uphill on your passes.

If your still getting high times, as was pointed out earlier, your timer may be inaccurate. Did you have a chance to see what the 0-60 in your EVIC reads yet?

Worse case if the Performance Pages and the EVIC are mirroring slow times and you followed the advice given here, then I would try to find an alternate timer and see what it says. There are some apps for both Android and iPhone that you could try for 0-60 times. In the past I tried Torque Pro for Android paired with a cheap OBD 2 device plugged in with pretty accurate results. Alternatively, if you know someone that has a Dragy GPS Box, or a VBOX Sport GPS or something simialr you borrow for a day, you could pit that against your on board timers and see if there is a difference or not.

And to answer your question about Valet Mode, if your able to access your drive modes it is most likely not on. Although I would probably just turn it on and then back off again just to rule it out.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NitricWave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys, the EVIC reads that my best was 5.6sec. Ill try either in the morning or at night. I'll also check the apps and see what they read. About the intake comment its 5hp but if you add the sticker to the left back window on the right corner doesn't that add an extra 15hp??:unsure:

·
Registered
2020 Durango SRT
54 Posts
Shell v-power nitro+ and im N.Y., Long Island. ill check the cluster also and I don't think im in ballet mode because otherwise the drives modes would work?
You are correct, it's impossible to access the SRT menus in valet mode.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
115 Posts
View attachment 115672
Thats definitely not right, the fastest ive gotten my 5.7 to 60 was 5.78 seconds. And ive definitely noticed that heatsoak and high humidity definitely affect my times by up to half a second.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
138 Posts
Thats definitely not right, the fastest ive gotten my 5.7 to 60 was 5.78 seconds. And ive definitely noticed that heatsoak and high humidity definitely affect my times by up to half a second.
View attachment 115739
Had my R/T down to 4.98! It can hit with right tuning mods and DA! With a converter I would have been 4.7 or better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
View attachment 115672
seems low for sure. DA shouldn’t be a cause based on your location. Get the engine temp to 185, trans to about 140-150, let the day cool down or run it in the morning before it gets hot. You should be sub 5 for sure.

seen 4.4-4.6 on hot days in SC.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How much did the jay greene tune help?
The 93 Diablo tune isn’t even close to what jay does. Especially when you match pcm tuning with tcm tuning. Trans tune allows me to spin up to 6000-6100 on stock springs versus 5500 on stock trans programming.

Once jay has it dialed in, it run like a champ. Pick up a AFR gauge for tuning. Helps him dial it in. The AFR on the log only goes so far.

Reactions: NitricWave

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 93 Diablo tune isn’t even close to what jay does. Especially when you match pcm tuning with tcm tuning. Trans tune allows me to spin up to 6000-6100 on stock springs versus 5500 on stock trans programming.

Once jay has it dialed in, it run like a champ. Pick up a AFR gauge for tuning. Helps him dial it in. The AFR on the log only goes so far.
Would love to have some 93 octane here. Hit a 5.4 in 80 degree weather so far after header install. Putting a 6.4 intake manifold on soon.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
115 Posts
Had my R/T down to 4.98! It can hit with right tuning mods and DA! With a converter I would have been 4.7 or better.
You wouldn't by any chance have proof of thoese 0-60's if thats actually possible in a 5.7 i might just keep my Durango everyone loves to hate on the 5.7 and it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You wouldn't by any chance have proof of thoese 0-60's if thats actually possible in a 5.7 i might just keep my Durango everyone loves to hate on the 5.7 and it drives me nuts.

This guy on youtube and an older member here fstdurango are the reasons I started my whole mod craze. I'm going as far as MOEs HPT+ cam.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts