Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT , blue shade pearl, with TnG
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a black R/T badge to replace the Dodge grill badge. Once I had the Dodge badge removed I realized the bracket to hold the badge is molded into the grill rather than a separate piece behind as i had seen on You Tube. I have decided not to use the R/T badge and go badge-less on the grill. I may try to remove the bracket with a Dremel tool if it bothers me…so far I can live with it. I wish the Dodge badge had been black to go with the Black Top package.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Grille Vehicle

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Grille

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
You have it off, time to paint it black!

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
790 Posts
I have a black R/T badge on the front. It blends in so well you really don’t see it…..at all lol. Thinking of going to an all red one like I did on the previous one. One thing that I do like is this mod that I did the other day adding red to the hash stripes on the black AWD badge.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: BillyNYC

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have it off, time to paint it black!
I was debating that, to see how it looks. I’m not sure how well the paint would stick to the chrome finish. Maybe a light sand blast to scuff it up.

I do like it with nothing on there as well.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I was debating that, to see how it looks. I’m not sure how well the paint would stick to the chrome finish. Maybe a light sand blast to scuff it up.

I do like it with nothing on there as well.
Yes sandblast or 120 grit sand paper to break the chrome then use 320 to smooth it out.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I removed mine and then learned the same thing. It looks much better gone and you cannot really see the remaining bracket unless you look for it even if you zoom in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Durango rt tow n go
3 Posts
I ordered a black R/T badge to replace the Dodge grill badge. Once I had the Dodge badge removed I realized the bracket to hold the badge is molded into the grill rather than a separate piece behind as i had seen on You Tube. I have decided not to use the R/T badge and go badge-less on the grill. I may try to remove the bracket with a Dremel tool if it bothers me…so far I can live with it. I wish the Dodge badge had been black to go with the Black Top package.

View attachment 119230
View attachment 119231
You can get blacked out dodge badges as the blackout package on the chargers have

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can get blacked out dodge badges as the blackout package on the chargers have
Thanks, I think I’m going to go without. I like the look with no badge at all on the grill.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's the part number for the RT badge?
I cant find the site I bought the badge from, I’ll need to check my PC. This is the style I had ordered, non Mopar, made in China. I didn't like the way it sat against the grill and as mentioned, I like the no badge look better.
Product Font Screenshot Parallel Web page

1 - 11 of 11 Posts