Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got the lip on, looks bad ass! Removal/Install pretty straight forward except a couple things. There's a screw hiding behind the fender molding. And in the front there's 8 of these white clips the hold the front on. They are tough to get to. I had to contort myself all kinds of ways before I got in a good spot to be able to get at them. The passenger side is easier, less stuff in the way. And those clips are even tougher to get back in. I only ended up getting the 2 in the middle in and said "forget it" with the rest. It's not going no where. Needed to replace 4 plastic rivets total. All in all super happy it looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
163 Posts
Does anyone wish Dodge went a little more aggressive with the the front lip, and rear spoiler? I mean nothing stupid, but the stock ones are a bit subdued, especially for a Hellcat.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
168 Posts
Does anyone wish Dodge went a little more aggressive with the the front lip, and rear spoiler? I mean nothing stupid, but the stock ones are a bit subdued, especially for a Hellcat.
Yes and no, it is kind of nice as it makes the Hellcat a little stealthy as most wouldn't know that it truly is a Hellcat but on the other hand it would be nice to see more of an aggressiveness look. Hopefully there'll be some mods to make it a little more aggressive, maybe from ZL1 Addons or others.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm hoping for something aftermarket.........and yeah just a little more aggressive

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK, now to finish it off you need the yellow shipping protectors...
I kid, I kid....

Reactions: SVJUMPCOACH

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango GT Plus Blacktop Destroyer Gray
1 Posts
lip looks really clean it turned out great. will this part also fit on the GTs? or is it only compatible with the RT bumper. would love to put this on mine that i just picked up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got the lip on, looks bad ass! Removal/Install pretty straight forward except a couple things. There's a screw hiding behind the fender molding. And in the front there's 8 of these white clips the hold the front on. They are tough to get to. I had to contort myself all kinds of ways before I got in a good spot to be able to get at them. The passenger side is easier, less stuff in the way. And those clips are even tougher to get back in. I only ended up getting the 2 in the middle in and said "forget it" with the rest. It's not going no where. Needed to replace 4 plastic rivets total. All in all super happy it looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I installed mine over the weekend, and you are right when you said the clips are hard to get back on. I was able to get 4 on, but I had a second person helping me keep the splitter aligned when I got my hands up there to install the clips

Reactions: J'sR/T

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
My 21 R/T TnG is currently in D1... I am a wicked OEM mod kinda guy. Going order the Hellcat splitter and spoiler! I love that the members have put all the part numbers up for ease in ordering. By the time of delivery, the paint will be dried nicely for the splitter and upper side of the spoiler. Would LOVE PLUM CRAZY... But In-Violet will do nicely!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I see you didn’t paint the splitter before installation. Is there a specific reason?? Did you install out of the box?? I like the look... It works well with the other black trim in the front... Wondering how unpainted would look with In-Violet.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
117 Posts
I see you didn’t paint the splitter before installation. Is there a specific reason?? Did you install out of the box?? I like the look... It works well with the other black trim in the front... Wondering how unpainted would look with In-Violet.
I have debated this for a longtime. I have F8 Green, and thought it would compliment the rear of the TnG that has non-body colored fascia. Currently I am going to have it painted body colored to match. I saw how a F8 Green HC looked and it swayed me...I will be gettting into the body shop to R&R the old with new after they paint to match. Better than me struggling with rivets....lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello so does this need anything else to install? And is it acurrate part number to order? (6xq40tzzaa)
That is the part itself, yes. FYI--It ships to the dealer in a box that is as big as a front door for your house. The box barely fit in my DD with seats folded. The associated rivets and stuff are easy to get and very inexpensive, but I am having my body shop do it to avoid me breaking stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much do body shops normally charge to pant a lip like this? Sorry I ask just never used a body shop for little projects like these.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How much do body shops normally charge to pant a lip like this? Sorry I ask just never used a body shop for little projects like these.
Mine charged $250 for prep, paint, remove old and install new with genuine replacement hardware. I got the original splitter back, not sure if I will keep or return for the core. In reality color match is spot on.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts