Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'21 GT Black Top Edition - Fully Loaded w/ DVD's (Blacked Out)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to offer some engine sound clarity for those contemplating Exahaust + Intake for 2021 Durango GT V6. The 2020 performance products work proficiently with 2021 models.

I'd like to add that I (yes, yes I know it was a bad idea) attempted to add the Jet performance Module #2 - I unfortunately could not get the device to respond properly with the Durango. Definitely avoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH it was a little unexpected... I thought it would sound more like a ricer

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
73 Posts
Looking around, especially on Challenger and Charger forums, you'll quickly see a big way to improve the sound is a nice CAI on the V6. My Challenger really benefitted. How's the exhaust from the outside? I'd love a drive-by.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah - you're right. More noticable then the exhaust forsure. Im already looking at the next stages of performance. When ripp releases the SC for V6, there's a good chance it'll be going in the Durango. Shouldve bought the V8....😅

Say no more, friend! I'll get it posted for the group shortly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Expanded audio on 2021 v6 engine sound w/ performance upgrades - As Promised!
(I'm relatively new to content creation, my apologies for any flaws)

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
73 Posts
Very nice. Certainty a good sounding V6. Not raspy or riced out. I admire you not having an extraordinarily loud exhaust on your V6, unlike other Pentastars I've heard (not specifically Durangos). I don't believe you can make the 3.6 very loud without having it sound bad. It's extremely tough to make these motors sound good, but you did a very nice job. My Challenger has a RIPP Superchargers exhaust on it and it sounds very similar. I enjoy it. Not a V8, but something distinctly unique and not attempting to imitate those two extra cylinders. It's not raspy or ricey either. Of course, it's quiet when compared to any Hemi side by side, but for what it is, 10/10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. Certainty a good sounding V6. Not raspy or riced out. I admire you not having an extraordinarily loud exhaust on your V6, unlike other Pentastars I've heard (not specifically Durangos). I don't believe you can make the 3.6 very loud without having it sound bad. It's extremely tough to make these motors sound good, but you did a very nice job. My Challenger has a RIPP Superchargers exhaust on it and it sounds very similar. I enjoy it. Not a V8, but something distinctly unique and not attempting to imitate those two extra cylinders. It's not raspy or ricey either. Of course, it's quiet when compared to any Hemi side by side, but for what it is, 10/10.
Well thank you for providing the validation I've been seeking. Your turn 🤯

1 - 9 of 9 Posts