Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Didn’t notice any specs of dust, but I’m sure I have some. I’d prefer not to find anything else lol. Dealer wants to scheduled me in to get the body panel looked at.
When I took delivery of my SRT, I noticed this paint blemish, which the dealer took care of. And there are a few specs on the hood if you look at the right angle.
Hi cooz and OurZoo,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems to be a trend across all brands these days. Automakers seem to have reached the conclusion that people will continue to buy their vehicles, no matter how many low-bidder parts are used to assemble them, and how far down quality goes.

On the GM side, things are ABYSMAL. Several brand new trucks have scattered their lower ends all over the highway. Never even made it close to their 1st oil change. Saw a brand new Corvette on Instagram with it's hand-built LS having a valve drop into the combustion chamber with predictable results. FIFTY miles on the clock!

Saw a FCA product (a Jeep - forgot the trim package) on TikTok at 12k miles with a completely disintegrated rear pinion bearing. PILES of metal below and around the ring gear. What a mess!! My brother had a '16 half ton Ram that had oil leaks from the engine and struts at 20k miles. Bumper starts rusting even before that!! He had a few more problems I've forgotten about, plus LED door backlighting for switches stop working, and the final straw was fog blowing out of the vents from a leaking heater core. The kicker on this was the dealer said FCA wouldn't cover the struts, "Because they weren't DRIPPING." I kid you not - this was actually said!! Then they claimed they couldn't find the problem with the heater core. My brother left the dealership in a '19 Toyota Tundra.

I've noticed a sharp decline in overall quality starting in the 2007 model year with GM. The decline started decades prior, but it took a steep nosedive in '07. The same failures that plague my truck are plaguing the newer ones as well. They just don't care anymore. The money keeps rolling in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious if anyone has experienced any 2021 Durango build quality issues ???
As a matter of fact, my 2021 Durango R/T front bumper is misaligned and cause the right side to pop out of its bracket. I have a work order in now with the dealer to have them completely reinstall the whole front end. Awaiting approval from the factory to have the work done. Other than that and the POS backup camera...I am happy with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2021 gt plus has some paint issues . Hopefully the photo is attached but gas cap door and rear bumper do not match the rest of the vehicle. Also transmission was leaking slowly from day 1. After about 5000 miles transmission began to make noise as it was low on fluid. It took the dealer a while to pinpoint the problem but finally fixed it. The leak was so slow there was no evidence such as dripping on the garage floor and of course no way to check the fluid level Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
My 18 octane had a similar color difference in sunlight ..I attributed it to the different reflective properties of the bumper cover

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
My 2021 gt plus has some paint issues . Hopefully the photo is attached but gas cap door and rear bumper do not match the rest of the vehicle. Also transmission was leaking slowly from day 1. After about 5000 miles transmission began to make noise as it was low on fluid. It took the dealer a while to pinpoint the problem but finally fixed it. The leak was so slow there was no evidence such as dripping on the garage floor and of course no way to check the fluid level View attachment 117331

Mismatch color is not specific to Dodge. I see it on every vehicle/. it sucks because those parts are not painted while on the vehicle and the manufacturers do not car if they match or not.
My fuel door looks bright white to me and not vice white but when you look close it is vice white. The metallic fleck on the fuel door is reflecting light differently then the body.\
I hate it and have since said WTF who cares. A friend of mine has a white Mazda CX9 and the freaking bumper covers look almost light tan compared to the body.
it is just another shameful bean counter move.

Usually it is really noticeable on metallic paint. Could you image guying a 130K BMW or Porsche and your paint is odd on various parts? Manufacturers play on that most people do not notice it.
But once you do, you will see it everywhere. TERRIBLE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mismatch color is not specific to Dodge. I see it on every vehicle/. it sucks because those parts are not painted while on the vehicle and the manufacturers do not car if they match or not.
My fuel door looks bright white to me and not vice white but when you look close it is vice white. The metallic fleck on the fuel door is reflecting light differently then the body.\
I hate it and have since said WTF who cares. A friend of mine has a white Mazda CX9 and the freaking bumper covers look almost light tan compared to the body.
it is just another shameful bean counter move.

Usually it is really noticeable on metallic paint. Could you image guying a 130K BMW or Porsche and your paint is odd on various parts? Manufacturers play on that most people do not notice it.
But once you do, you will see it everywhere. TERRIBLE
The gas door stands out like a sore thumb. Not even close in any light. I am going to take that back to
the dealer to see if they can replace it with one that is a closer match. I guess I will live with the bumper as I am afraid it will end up looking worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had to have shifter replaced after 200 miles. LF brake caliper paint scratched on delivery. Still waiting on replacement since February.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Had to have shifter replaced after 200 miles. LF brake caliper paint scratched on delivery. Still waiting on replacement since February.
Hi MR.SRT2U,
We sincerely regret hearing of your trouble. If it would be of interest, we'd be happy to add additional support while in service. Feel free to follow up with us via private message if this would be of interest.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
357 Posts
My 2021 gt plus has some paint issues . Hopefully the photo is attached but gas cap door and rear bumper do not match the rest of the vehicle. Also transmission was leaking slowly from day 1. After about 5000 miles transmission began to make noise as it was low on fluid. It took the dealer a while to pinpoint the problem but finally fixed it. The leak was so slow there was no evidence such as dripping on the garage floor and of course no way to check the fluid level View attachment 117331
Hi Tom,
We're happy to hear that your concern has been resolved by the dealer. Should this or any other concerns return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tom,
We're happy to hear that your concern has been resolved by the dealer. Should this or any other concerns return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Hello Rob. I have not returned the vehicle to the dealer for the paint issue so we will see how that is addressed. Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
My interior was almost perfect due to having a poorly installed header panel on the ceiling by the tailgate. 2 minutes to fix it myself.
The exterior side skirts are not snug against the body on the front end of each skirt.
Paint issues: 2 areas that have 1 spec of dust in the base coat. The only way to see them is when you clay bar and are focusing on imperfections.
Crooked exhaust tips

FYI: My wife's 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is as good as you'd expect for a 60K vehicle. (y)
But the interior of the Durango is nicer looking then the JGC and that is design wise not material wise (which is the same).
The crooked exhaust tips drive me crazy. I can’t understand how they do that except for laziness on all ends.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can understand hidden issues that might not be obvious from a quality control stand point, but don't auto manufacturers have a group of people with at the end of the production line that are supposed to be looking for the obvious stuff? Must be nice to have a job where you can be on a permanent coffee break.
Agree. I mean it’s just unreal. Typical repetitive laziness job I guess

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hello Rob. I have not returned the vehicle to the dealer for the paint issue so we will see how that is addressed. Tom
Hi Tom,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too had paint issues with my '21 Durango SRT. Coming from a '15 RT and an '18 SRT. We custom ordered this '21, first time doing so. Was originally told 6 to 8 weeks. It showed up 2 weeks later. So naturally I was wondering what was wrong with it. In this covid sh!t show era we live in now. What parts were missing? Paint issues? ETC...

It has two paint defects. One on front drivers side fender that was actually a metal defect showing through the paint. Next was rear passenger door edge had paint sticking out.

So we scheduled to have body shop fix. I knew from the start that this was not going to be a good experience. Every time you bring in your vehicle you run the risk of something else happening.

The paint defects were fixed. However the drivers side passive lock/unlock quit working. They had forgot to reconnect that connector. So back in I go... They tried to connect it by prying the inner panel. It was connected. But now the inner panel was damaged.

They ordered a new panel. Yes, back in I go. They called a few hours later. Unfortunately it too had damage. This after taking off the door panel. So they ordered another one and it was finally fixed. Every once in a while when turning right I hear what I believe is the connector banging. Again, the risk you run...

I got SRT involved and they were helpful in expediting the inner door panel and covered one month payment. But imagine the first time you factory order a $75,000 vehicle and it has these problems.

NEVER again, it doesn't matter if it is a Dodge or a BMW. I will refuse to buy it and let some other poor sap buy it. It took over 4 months of going to the dealer to get all of this resolved. It never should have left the final inspection line. Again, 2 weeks it showed up. It even had a nice [email protected]#$ you message in the suede headliner. I didn't tell the dealer or SRT about that one. I just took a micro fiber towel and brushed it out. Who knows if that came from the factory, the transportation company or the dealer prep.

I've also been closely monitoring the temp gauge. Idling it sometimes goes above the middle mark. Dealer said it is normal.

So there you have it. I imagine most people don't look over their new vehicles. Which is what they expect. I would bet that some of you have this metal defect too. Just build them as fast they can hoping they go unnoticed. My dad bought a new 2018 GMC Sierra truck. It had a paint defect and a misaligned bed. The dealer fixed both. But this is the mid 2000's. We can't build anything anymore. Hell, we can't even get parts. Covid has just made things worse. What a sh!t show

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
We can build it but the the workers who put the vehicles together are the problem. Why, could be pressure for speed from the manufacturer, could be a sh1t employee, combination of both etc etc. does not matter why but the the cause is the assemblers and maintainers of equipment like spray rooms etc. Stellantis/FCA/Mopar has serious issues and I am getting close to NEVER AGAIN!

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
They realigned the front panel for me. Not perfect, but I’d have thought they would have if they could have. Good enough I suppose. I don’t have time to drop it off and leave it yet again. Always scared to put it in the shop and get one issue addressed and have another one pop up.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
Additionally found these issues which have been addressed. I just don’t get how they can say these things are inspected? How did this even happen? WTF?
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

21 - 40 of 43 Posts