Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 2021 model year has seen its share of interesting "features" but I can't say that it's really more or less than normal. There have certainly been issues with build dates not being met... global shutdowns, chip shortages, shipping delays, etc. With that said, I will suggest the forum's search function, a selection of fine beverages, and a couple of evenings reading up on it.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
My interior was almost perfect due to having a poorly installed header panel on the ceiling by the tailgate. 2 minutes to fix it myself.
The exterior side skirts are not snug against the body on the front end of each skirt.
Paint issues: 2 areas that have 1 spec of dust in the base coat. The only way to see them is when you clay bar and are focusing on imperfections.
Crooked exhaust tips

FYI: My wife's 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is as good as you'd expect for a 60K vehicle. (y)
But the interior of the Durango is nicer looking then the JGC and that is design wise not material wise (which is the same).

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Mine was a mid 2021 build and its been pretty solid. Had to get the steering wheel aligned, it was very slightly off. Only other issue was a few specs of dust under the paint, but that was on the roof and took a bright light to spot.

No panel issues, even paint, quiet interior, and everything looks great. And I can be rather picky with this stuff. If there are noises it's sufficiently muffled by the exhaust. ;)

I'm satisfied with the 2021 Durango build quality. Can't say that about some other vehicles I've owned.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My early build Durango Hellcat had quite a list of issues ranging from electronics to defective engine parts from the factory. We’ll see if my late-year build new one comes in with as many.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
887 Posts
No one but you can say they have owned two HCs in the first production year. I would bet on that, not counting dealers, of course.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Something I am definitely worried about as well. I try to stay away from the first of year models as they tend to have kinks to work out. But I figured since the Durango design is like 200 years old they'd have them figured out by now lol! Mine has been in Quality for a few days now so I'm hoping they're taking their time on it.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My 18 SRT had way more issues with fit/finish than my 21 HC. only subtle issue with the hulk is driver's door is a few mm overlap with the passenger door when closed.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
295 Posts
My whole front end is wrong. Bumper pops out of the bracket on one side. Front fender are not straight with the hood. I have 1'' gap where the fender meet the hood close to the hinche and they are rubing each other on the front near the headlight. The fog light and plastic trim around it seems sketchy and the bolts that hold the sub keeps getting loose so the washer rattle like crazy. But except that, all is nickel :cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
No one but you can say they have owned two HCs in the first production year. I would bet on that, not counting dealers, of course.
I've taken measures to make sure this one stays.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can understand hidden issues that might not be obvious from a quality control stand point, but don't auto manufacturers have a group of people with at the end of the production line that are supposed to be looking for the obvious stuff? Must be nice to have a job where you can be on a permanent coffee break.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
This is the main thing I’ve found thus far. Front end misaligned on the left.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Plan on looking over more this weekend.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,164 Posts
Maybe look at the German cars for quality if you're that worried? I believe they have issues also?

Buy a Subaru or Mazda if you're that worried.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
After 3 hours detailing her for the first time, the main thing I see in a few different spots are issues with the paint. A few small scratches, and a tiny blob on the hood by one of the vents and on the roof. I think asking my dealer and any shop to deal with them aren’t worth what else could go wrong trying to match or while it’s in the shop. 3 of the wheels had some small scratches on them which I did notice prior to leaving the dealership and called out already. Honestly after 2 days of Brake dust, I couldn’t even see them any more lol.

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
18 Posts
This is the main thing I’ve found thus far. Front end misaligned on the left. View attachment 117214 View attachment 117215 Plan on looking over more this weekend.
[/QUOTE
This is the main thing I’ve found thus far. Front end misaligned on the left. View attachment 117214 View attachment 117215 Plan on looking over more this weekend.
Mine is misaligned on drivers side, it kept popping out and the dealer said it was a broken clip. Continued to have the problem 3 weeks later and got a second opinion. Which stated everything looked normal besides the bumper not lining up how it should. Seems the only way to fix is to replace bumper and paint which I don't really want to do on a new vehicle.
Also specs of dust under paint in multiple places

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
Didn’t notice any specs of dust, but I’m sure I have some. I’d prefer not to find anything else lol. Dealer wants to scheduled me in to get the body panel looked at.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I took delivery of my SRT, I noticed this paint blemish, which the dealer took care of. And there are a few specs on the hood if you look at the right angle.
Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts