Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Mopar Insider the Dodge Durango Durango Trackhawk version is supposed to be released. Will they update the chassis or will it be the same Durango now but with an Hellcat motor.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
That's gonna be a beast!! They didn't change the chassis on the Jeep, so I doubt they'll change the Durango.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You got a link , I’m not seeing anything on it. I mean it would seem that dodge would take that next step since they have done it with other vehicles.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I keep hearing "Trackhawk" thrown around but not by any reputable source. That is a JEEP term. And FCA has made it a point to differentiate the GC from the D. Unless I see it from a trustworthy source, it ain't happening.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Would be very cool to see a Supercharged Durango available for purchase. As far as I've seen and heard anywhere it is only been made once for "One Lap of America" earlier this year, with no plans to actually produce it (yet?). There are a few YouTube videos of it as well as the article I'm linking here. As far as production plans, it may as well be a rumor until it is officially confirmed somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
  1. Would be very cool to see a Supercharged Durango available for purchase. As far as I've seen and heard anywhere it is only been made once for "One Lap of America" earlier this year, with no plans to actually produce it (yet?). There are a few YouTube videos of it as well as the article I'm linking here. As far as production plans, it may as well be a rumor until it is officially confirmed somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

1. Ya, that’s what I’m reading too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As they found out with the Trackhawk, there is not a big group of people willing to fork over $90K-100K on a Hellcat powered SUV.

Look at all the 2018 Trackhawks still sitting at the Dealerships (119 of them on Autotrader alone).

Some of the those 2018 Trackhawks on Autotrader are priced at $10K-$15K off MSRP, and still not selling.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As they found out with the Trackhawk, there is not a big group of people willing to fork over $90K-100K on a Hellcat powered SUV.

Look at all the 2018 Trackhawks still sitting at the Dealerships (119 of them on Autotrader alone).

Some of the those 2018 Trackhawks on Autotrader are priced at $10K-$15K off MSRP, and still not selling.
Yeah that's because they made to many and overpriced the Trackhawk plus you really couldnt differentiate from the regular Jeeps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to mention the Grand Cherokee sells 200k units a year where the Durango sales are less than 70k units a year. Trackhawk seems to make more sense with such a bigger fan base than a Durango Hellcat. (Though I’d love to see it happen).

The Hellcat/Demon craziness really helped drive interest on all the Challenger models to where they passed Camaro sales and then eventually Mustang. Maybe it would be a shot in the arm for the Durango too?

Also, first post here on the forum!

·
Registered
95 Posts
FCA pushes the GC more than the DD cuz Jeep carries the higher premium for cost. So it makes sense. Only time you hear about a DD is when they show it on the Dodge commercials for Power Dollars or muscleville. Not like they actively promote the DD as they do the charger and challenger.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I raced an TH this past Saturday got him off the line but he destroyed me. Dodge needs to stop BS'n and give us that 707/717hp for the DD like seriously this vehicle is to heavy and needs that type of horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
12,620 Posts
I forget, maybe you have to have a few posts before you can post pix?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts