2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sweet! Need more install pics. And Vids! Vids! Vids!

I dropped mine off today, the Whipple came in last week. I guess HP tuners is currently backed up and it will be 2 to 2-1/2 weeks to get the ECU unlocked. Hopefully, I'll be shredding rubber by the end of the month.
Where you located and who’s doing the work. Btw whatever you do-Do NOT, Just dont…try and adjust tire size or gear ratio on a handheld tuner after. I just went to the dealer to have my ABS intialized because I accidentally did that(every brake light, traction came on). $75 later

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Where you located and who’s doing the work. Btw whatever you do-Do NOT, Just dont…try and adjust tire size or gear ratio on a handheld tuner after. I just went to the dealer to have my ABS intialized because I accidentally did that(every brake light, traction came on). $75 later
Use OBDJScan to do an ABS initialize procedure. Have to pay for the license but way cheaper and more available than going to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi-Tech Motorsports, outside the Minneapolis suburbs only about 15mins from me. They let me unpack the Whipple and check out the parts. I'm going to back next week to check progress. Cool guys and lots of "Go Fast cars" to check out, and interesting vids online.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
It’s rainy af here. Drove it home last night( took an Uner there, about 20miles) took the long way of course. It definitely rips. Ecu has to learn apparently. She was a bit jerky on tip-in. Smoothed out today. Stage 2 heads and stage 2 Hellcat cam. Surprised it made that much power. I’ll post videos and tickets soon!
View attachment 120751 View attachment 120756
View attachment 120758
View attachment 120759
View attachment 120757

View attachment 120750

5 quarts?

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Update: it’s been a few week. I’ve been having problems with the tune. She hesitates(spudders) on launch and its having trouble getting under 5sec on a 0-60 run. Still has the stock throttle body tho. Not sure if thats the issue.
i bought a throttle commander to see if that would resolve the issue.
throttle has been hanging the whole time. Wrote that off to the cam, but I noticed i can cruise at 25mph all day without touching the throttle.
hopefully it gets resolved. I looked at doing some remote tuning with some other companies, but I’m not ready to swap ECU’s for someone else.
I know this is all a bit of a gripe fest, sorry
Livernois has been decent, however, I’m on my second tune and I’m starting to question if the 624whp is real or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear this Skyboy.
I have a few questions?
Have they disabled the cam variable phasing?
or
Does the cam phasing need to be limited for the this cam?
How does it idle? How is moderate acceleration?
Also, I wonder if the stage 2 hellcat cam is the issue, and curious if a stock hellcat tune would be a good place to start.

Just throwing ideas out there. Keep us updated

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sorry to hear this Skyboy.
I have a few questions?
Have they disabled the cam variable phasing?
or
Does the cam phasing need to be limited for the this cam?
How does it idle? How is moderate acceleration?
Also, I wonder if the stage 2 hellcat cam is the issue, and curious if a stock hellcat tune would be a good place to start.

Just throwing ideas out there. Keep us updated
Cam phasers we’re definitely installed. Idle is smooth at around 750-800rpm. But she does hang
I know these guys have made some impressive Mopars go fast.
I was honestly searching for a vacuum leak for about4 days until they sent me the first re-tune. It was alot better after that. But still wasn’t what I expected. Still stumbled under har accel.
i didn’t even realize I still had the stock TB until last night(I was web searching issues with Whipple tb’s) and tried to see under the hood which one I had and realized ITS STOCK! I was a little shocked actually
In my dyno chart, there is a hard dip off the jump. Salesman claims that’s converter slip. I’m thinking that could be my same issue.
I’ve been data logging but they haven’t asked for any of that yet. Hopefully they’d like to see some data instead of throwing tunes off the shelf at it.
I dont mind putting a new throttle body on, in fact, I’ve reached out to several companies asking for recommendations for my set up. And if the stock TB is sufficient. I’m assuming I should be using a Hellcat or above size. Whipple makes a 102mm specifically for Hemis.
If not resolved I’ll probably sell the thing. It’s awesome and sound awesome. I’m just disappointed. I mean 4.7 0-60(mashing the brake and gas to the floor) is not acceptable at this (supposed) HP#. Timing was done on Torque pro and dashboard. Hope to get a new tune tomorrow. I really hope the ask for data, I’d be more confident in what they send. We shall see

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Could be torque management taking a ton of timing out, too.
Absolutely. I’ve been looking at the logs(I’m no tuner by any stretch) but I’m going to log some hard launches and try to get them to look.
fyi. My initial tune kept popping a bank 2 sensor 1 o2 code after a hard launch. Fixed that after the re-tune. Hopefully 3 times-a-charm

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
@skyboy666 I saw your post about throttle hanging. There is an issue with 2021 R/T models that if you drop into neutral (let's say when you are going 20mph) and snap the throttle, it will stay at what ever it revved up to. You need to pull over and have the vehicle come to a stop before the RPMs drop. That may be part of the issue with your throttle hanging.
There is no fix because Dodge is perfect and corporate feel no need to fix or update things.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Premium Member
2021 Tow-N-go white knuckle blacktop
54 Posts
@skyboy666 I saw your post about throttle hanging. There is an issue with 2021 R/T models that if you drop into neutral (let's say when you are going 20mph) and snap the throttle, it will stay at what ever it revved up to. You need to pull over and have the vehicle come to a stop before the RPMs drop. That may be part of the issue with your throttle hanging.
There is no fix because Dodge is perfect and corporate feel no need to fix or update things.
@Vice-White I'm a little late here....I hate that the throttle sticks like that, I have done that at different speeds and always hangs, have to just throw it back into drive for it to correct itself. And it will drive itself at low speed almost like it hangs throttle in drive also...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts