Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks,
Gone back and forth with a few performance shops and I’m leaning towards Livernois Motorsports SP650 kit installed. Their kits puts down approximately 550whp. My mpg is terrible anyway so Cheers to that. The TN’G seems perfect for forced induction. Bigger brakes, added cooler and adaptive suspension.
thoughts?

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T 5.7 - Black w/blackout package
470 Posts
Livernois is solid. Lots of fast cars out there with their stuff installed. In the drag racing world, they are well-respected from what I know.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
333 Posts
My Durango shall live its wild dreams through your Supercharged T&G

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Premium Member
2021 Tow-N-go white knuckle blacktop
54 Posts
Amy update? All I want to do is supercharge it, once the wife gets her new truck the 'rangos all mine!! Feel like supercharged is the most reliable and safest bet for big power.

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amy update? All I want to do is supercharge it, once the wife gets her new truck the 'rangos all mine!! Feel like supercharged is the most reliable and safest bet for big power.
So I ordered a 2.9 Blower kit( powder coated red) Whipple came back and said they stopped producing the 2.9 Durango kits, I need a 3.0 kit.
ok, sold…welp they’re still in r&i and should be available in June. June went to mid August and then here we are…no kit yet
I think Livernois may have received my kit last week…possibly(haven’t heard back)
I’m assuming now that I wont get this thing done before Thanksgiving. But imma do mad videos when it’s done

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any update yet?
So I ordered a 2.9 Blower kit( powder coated red) Whipple came back and said they stopped producing the 2.9 Durango kits, I need a 3.0 kit.
ok, sold…welp they’re still in r&i and should be available in June. June went to mid August and then here we are…no kit yet
I think Livernois may have received my kit last week…possibly(haven’t heard back)
I’m assuming now that I wont get this thing done before Thanksgiving. But imma do mad videos when it’s done

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any update yet?
I’m glad you asked…i felt like i needed to tell someone. My wife couldn’t give a shit and my friends aren’t into fast cars.
The Durango has been at Livernois for about 5 weeks. I really didn’t pester them too much while they had the DD, because I was up their ass for the year it took to finally get the kit ( i did text my salesman for pic but no reply)
They called on Friday to tell me it was completed and had made it to the dyno. On the first pass the truck made 15psi! They said they shut it down immediately and were ordering a new pulley to bring it back to 8psi.
Apparently this kit is not 100% from whipple. They were so behind on R&D that Livernois had to “fill-in-the-blanks” a few time. Somewhat experimental because the 3.0 Whipple kit isn’t “technically “ released-
-Anyway-got the call yesterday that it was headed back to the Dyno. They asked for my permission to add 105 octane booster to the tank for the first initial runs.

I don’t think I posted it here, Livernois removed and ported the heads and installed a custom Hellcat cam.
I hope to get the results soon. Hopefully this week I can post a video. 🤞

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Smart to add octane booster or race fuel just as a precaution until dialed in..so sounds like they know what they're doing.
That 3.0L supercharger looks to be a beast. Were going to need some videos after you pick it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'd be very interested with any progress and vids! 15psi??? Whoa! Any idea what size pully that was?

My shop ordered a 3.0 Whipple kit back in early Nov. 2021, at that time they promised eight week delivery. The shop preferred Edelbrock over Whipple but Edelbrock were moving their headquarters and some manufacturing, plus Covid, and couldn't give us a delivery date at that time. My shop scheduled my DD R/T mid Jan. 2022 for install and dyno tuning based on Whipple's eight week delivery. Well...Whipple gave us the run-a-round since early Jan. 2022.
After weekly phone calls to Whipple, they are finally shipping the kit (minus some hoses) and sent us a FedEx tracking number and we are expecting delivery this week, Friday (Apr. 1, 2022). Hopefully, my shop can fit my Rango in immediately, I'll keep you updated.

CraigerSS

I’m glad you asked…i felt like i needed to tell someone. My wife couldn’t give a shit and my friends aren’t into fast cars.
The Durango has been at Livernois for about 5 weeks. I really didn’t pester them too much while they had the DD, because I was up their ass for the year it took to finally get the kit ( i did text my salesman for pic but no reply)
They called on Friday to tell me it was completed and had made it to the dyno. On the first pass the truck made 15psi! They said they shut it down immediately and were ordering a new pulley to bring it back to 8psi.
Apparently this kit is not 100% from whipple. They were so behind on R&D that Livernois had to “fill-in-the-blanks” a few time. Somewhat experimental because the 3.0 Whipple kit isn’t “technically “ released-
-Anyway-got the call yesterday that it was headed back to the Dyno. They asked for my permission to add 105 octane booster to the tank for the first initial runs.

I don’t think I posted it here, Livernois removed and ported the heads and installed a custom Hellcat cam.
I hope to get the results soon. Hopefully this week I can post a video. 🤞

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the update. I'd be very interested with any progress and vids! 15psi??? Whoa! Any idea what size pully that was?

My shop ordered a 3.0 Whipple kit back in early Nov. 2021, at that time they promised eight week delivery. The shop preferred Edelbrock over Whipple but Edelbrock were moving their headquarters and some manufacturing, plus Covid, and couldn't give us a delivery date at that time. My shop scheduled my DD R/T mid Jan. 2022 for install and dyno tuning based on Whipple's eight week delivery. Well...Whipple gave us the run-a-round since early Jan. 2022.
After weekly phone calls to Whipple, they are finally shipping the kit (minus some hoses) and sent us a FedEx tracking number and we are expecting delivery this week, Friday (Apr. 1, 2022). Hopefully, my shop can fit my Rango in immediately, I'll keep you updated.

CraigerSS
Durango is done. Made 612hp at the wheels. Videos coming soo!

·
Registered
2021 DD Tow N Go
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s rainy af here. Drove it home last night( took an Uner there, about 20miles) took the long way of course. It definitely rips. Ecu has to learn apparently. She was a bit jerky on tip-in. Smoothed out today. Stage 2 heads and stage 2 Hellcat cam. Surprised it made that much power. I’ll post videos and tickets soon!
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel
Font Screenshot Document Number

Font Material property Publication Document Screenshot

Font Screenshot Number Document Publication

Font Screenshot Number Document Publication

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
479 Posts
It’s rainy af here. Drove it home last night( took an Uner there, about 20miles) took the long way of course. It definitely rips. Ecu has to learn apparently. She was a bit jerky on tip-in. Smoothed out today. Stage 2 heads and stage 2 Hellcat cam. Surprised it made that much power. I’ll post videos and tickets soon!
View attachment 120751 View attachment 120756
View attachment 120758
View attachment 120759
View attachment 120757

View attachment 120750
Holy shit dude. That's insane!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet! Need more install pics. And Vids! Vids! Vids!

I dropped mine off today, the Whipple came in last week. I guess HP tuners is currently backed up and it will be 2 to 2-1/2 weeks to get the ECU unlocked. Hopefully, I'll be shredding rubber by the end of the month.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts