Dodge Durango Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bet if you factoried reset your radio, you would get theupdate pretty quick. But don't do it if your .98 is pretty good.
That's what I was hoping. We had our RT/TNG in for a few minor things 2 weeks ago and when we got it back, proximity key wasn't working. Took it back, tech was confused. So he did a factory reset. Still stuck on 17.89. The fix for proximity? He unhooked the front antenna. :(

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I bet if you factoried reset your radio, you would get theupdate pretty quick. But don't do it if your .98 is pretty good.
you're probably correct. but I'm not touching it. I have very few issues with the R17.98 version.

my Wi-Fi hot spot will disappear sometimes. but a simple Power button hold down reset has always fixed it.

sometimes the Auto Dim High Beans won't engage at all when I push the stalk forward. but that could also be related to me blocking the little camera in the mirror housing.

other than those, I can't name an issue with the R17.98 version so I'm keeping it as it is for now. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can some one explain how you check for up or even do an update. All I can find is where it tells me update needs to be connected to wifi. It does look like it’s connected to my home wifi in drive way. Is that something totally diff?

·
Registered
74 Posts
On a related topic how many of you are going to pay to keep your U Connet features once the trial period runs out? I see on 2021, 2022's it is now down to 6 months. it was one year when we bought our 2019 Charger Hellcat. I was hoping I could find a "bundle deal" for two cars but nothing out there.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
On a related topic how many of you are going to pay to keep your U Connet features once the trial period runs out? I see on 2021, 2022's it is now down to 6 months. it was one year when we bought our 2019 Charger Hellcat. I was hoping I could find a "bundle deal" for two cars but nothing out there.
My 21 I got a 1 year trial. I bitched on renewal and got 6 months for 60 bucks. So far Health Report is broken everywhere so in 6 months they either give me another discount or I do not renew. Android Auto smokes the built in Uconnect voice recogntion which is sub par to any Mopar I have owned before.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I've taken my Durango to the dealership for the safety recall and mentioned that my unit is still on version 14 and not part of the Y25. Prior to this, I've been messaging Stellantis on Twitter and they gave me This:
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

. I gave that to my dealer so fingers crossed they proceed with the update now, otherwise Stellantis said they will escalate

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
So I've taken my Durango to the dealership for the safety recall and mentioned that my unit is still on version 14 and not part of the Y25. Prior to this, I've been messaging Stellantis on Twitter and they gave me This:
View attachment 121333

. I gave that to my dealer so fingers crossed they proceed with the update now, otherwise Stellantis said they will escalate
You have to get to 17.89 before you can get an OTA update. The unit needs to be updated manually via a USB drive.
If you want the file(s) it is in this thread somewhere. Just go ahead and do it understanding the odds are pretty low that anything bad will happen but it could happen. Even if the radio bricks, it is warranty work.
Good news is no one on this forum has reported bricking their unit. Process is easy but for a few minutes, it looks like it is doing nothing but it is. Mine took 18 minutes to complete and 10 days or so later I got the OTA update 17.99

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have to get to 17.89 before you can get an OTA update. The unit needs to be updated manually via a USB drive.
If you want the file(s) it is in this thread somewhere. Just go ahead and do it understanding the odds are pretty low that anything bad will happen but it could happen. Even if the radio bricks, it is warranty work.
Good news is no one on this forum has reported bricking their unit. Process is easy but for a few minutes, it looks like it is doing nothing but it is. Mine took 18 minutes to complete and 10 days or so later I got the OTA update 17.99
That would be my next option. I was worried if I was to do it myself and my VIN was not listed that it could void warranty. Anyways, they did the update so I'm good!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That would be my next option. I was worried if I was to do it myself and my VIN was not listed that it could void warranty. Anyways, they did the update so I'm good!
Don't tryst the dealer, trust the forum ;)

I am glad you got the update and FWIW 17.99 is OK, not perfect by any means but it is workable.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
I have working weather now and seemingly the connection issue appears fixed now. I don’t have firmware yet though. 😞 if someone could just email me a damn image file from Uconnect so I can update it over USB that would be nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still waiting for 17.99. Tonight the radio decided to stop playing audio. Restarted radio 5 times. Reset to factory. Pulled battery cable twice. No luck. No audio. Pissed off.
Well we took her in on Friday. Tech spent all day, has no idea what's going on. Ordering a "hopefully" new radio. Maybe it has something to do with why it wouldn't update to 17.99 over the past few months.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
Well we took her in on Friday. Tech spent all day, has no idea what's going on. Ordering a "hopefully" new radio. Maybe it has something to do with why it wouldn't update to 17.99 over the past few months.
FWIW I had 2 new radios put in mine with no change. Finally they replaced a Telematics Module and that seems to have fixed the weather app/other data issues but I still don’t have the latest update (R17.99).

1781 - 1800 of 1805 Posts