Dodge Durango Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This system definitely has Issues to say the least,
One of the reasons I just traded in my 2017 DDGT was because of the sunset of the 3g systems on it
I now have a 21 DDR/T only to find this malfunctioning system ..
So two Days ago on my way to work the screen froze and a VERY loud buzzing noise was playing through the speakers.
After about five minutes the entire system shut down and rebooted.. I was on the expressway at the time so pulling over was not much of an option..
this is crazy What the f$%$^ is dodge doing ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
This system definitely has Issues to say the least,
One of the reasons I just traded in my 2017 DDGT was because of the sunset of the 3g systems on it
I now have a 21 DDR/T only to find this malfunctioning system ..
So two Days ago on my way to work the screen froze and a VERY loud buzzing noise was playing through the speakers.
After about five minutes the entire system shut down and rebooted.. I was on the expressway at the time so pulling over was not much of an option..
this is crazy What the f$%$^ is dodge doing ??
Well, for me… knowing how much folks use tech in cars now to navigate, interface car features, having these insane failures pushed onto customers like this tells me they don’t care about the customer experience so much. I don’t have faith this will get solved to be honest. At the end of the day, they will be losing good paying customers who generally like their offerings (like me) for new vehicle purchases.

·
Registered
2021 Durango RT
5 Posts
Sharing my experience, I'm sure the same thing is posted somewhere in the past 1,762 posts!

We just bought our 21 RT used from a family we knew. We had heard they were looking to get rid of it after owning it for only 6 months. I asked them why they were getting rid of it so soon? They literally only had one complaint... "The screen doesn't come on some times and my wife doesn't like that". We bought it anyway.

The very first thing I did was factory reset the UConnect system and check for updates. It's been 2 weeks and we haven't had any issues with the UConnect system... until it decided to get cold again and my wife started to use the remote start in the morning.

Nearly every time we've used the remote start and let it run for more than 5 minutes, the screen is black upon entering the vehicle and does not turn on no matter how long we wait.

We've had success in getting it to come on by turning off the vehicle, getting out, locking it and waiting for all lights to turn off inside and out, including the gauge cluster. Then unlock the vehicle and use the push button start on the dash.

I hope to see some resolution in the near future for the many issues reported here and I hope that Dodge extends support to owner's who's warranty may have ran out.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Sharing my experience, I'm sure the same thing is posted somewhere in the past 1,762 posts!

We just bought our 21 RT used from a family we knew. We had heard they were looking to get rid of it after owning it for only 6 months. I asked them why they were getting rid of it so soon? They literally only had one complaint... "The screen doesn't come on some times and my wife doesn't like that". We bought it anyway.

The very first thing I did was factory reset the UConnect system and check for updates. It's been 2 weeks and we haven't had any issues with the UConnect system... until it decided to get cold again and my wife started to use the remote start in the morning.

Nearly every time we've used the remote start and let it run for more than 5 minutes, the screen is black upon entering the vehicle and does not turn on no matter how long we wait.

We've had success in getting it to come on by turning off the vehicle, getting out, locking it and waiting for all lights to turn off inside and out, including the gauge cluster. Then unlock the vehicle and use the push button start on the dash.

I hope to see some resolution in the near future for the many issues reported here and I hope that Dodge extends support to owner's who's warranty may have ran out.
Check the firmware version, I bet it needs updating. Do not check Uconnects site to see if you need it, we have it on this forum but 1st, check your firmware rev.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Oh nice! Assuming I need an update, without searching through 90 pages on this thread... what is the latest version and how do I apply it, do you have a link?
Tell us what your version is first (not kidding :D ) so we can make sure which update you need.
Any you won't have to search through 90 pages :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tell us what your version is first (not kidding :D ) so we can make sure which update you need.
Any you won't have to search through 90 pages :D
So what about this one? I got mine brand new last April and this is the firmware on my radio and I've called and checked and of course they say nothing, it's up to date but I see on here there is newer ones? So all the dealerships in my area in Ohio say this. So I'm confused. I fortunately don't have a lot of issues but like many others my multi profile doesn't work, navigation and weather doesn't work alot of times, I can't replay a song or anything on Sirius among a few other small things. I've only had it freeze on me once and soon as I turned it off for a few minutes and turned it back on it was fine. I have it connected to my WiFi and no updates or anything. So I'm stumped. What should the firmware be??
Font Communication Device Gadget Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
74 Posts
So holy crap now I am really going to have to stay in tune with all you tech guys on here. We have the newest version coming on our 22 we have on order. My wife is going to kill me. Our 2012 Jeep SRT has been solid with nom issues the 9 years we have owned it.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
So what about this one? I got mine brand new last April and this is the firmware on my radio and I've called and checked and of course they say nothing, it's up to date but I see on here there is newer ones? So all the dealerships in my area in Ohio say this. So I'm confused. I fortunately don't have a lot of issues but like many others my multi profile doesn't work, navigation and weather doesn't work alot of times, I can't replay a song or anything on Sirius among a few other small things. I've only had it freeze on me once and soon as I turned it off for a few minutes and turned it back on it was fine. I have it connected to my WiFi and no updates or anything. So I'm stumped. What should the firmware be?? View attachment 121255
this is very much an older software version and should be upgraded.

I can't help you with the upgrade process, mine was a late '21 build that came with R17.98 so I have not had to upgrade mine. other forum members can help with advice on the upgrade.

the latest upgrade version should be R17.89

there is supposed to then be a OTA (Over The Air) update to R17.99

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is very much an older software version and should be upgraded.

I can't help you with the upgrade process, mine was a late '21 build that came with R17.98 so I have not had to upgrade mine. other forum members can help with advice on the upgrade.

the latest upgrade version should be R17.89

there is supposed to then be a OTA (Over The Air) update to R17.99
Thanks so much! I'm going to call them about this again!!!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Do you think they will leave the factory with the lastest upgrade or will that need to be done when we take delivery?
Vice-White is correct. R17.98 is the latest factory version I've seen. mine was built November 2021 and came with that version. the current 2022's may have an updated version though.

my system still has not OTA updated to R17.99 and I don't know if that's a glitch or if the .98 and .99 versions are so similar that it won't update.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Vice-White is correct. R17.98 is the latest factory version I've seen. mine was built November 2021 and came with that version. the current 2022's may have an updated version though.

my system still has not OTA updated to R17.99 and I don't know if that's a glitch or if the .98 and .99 versions are so similar that it won't update.
I bet if you factoried reset your radio, you would get theupdate pretty quick. But don't do it if your .98 is pretty good.

1761 - 1780 of 1805 Posts