Dodge Durango Forum banner
1741 - 1760 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
all of a sudden, 2 days ago data started reporting to the uconnect app (meaning the tire pressure, oil life pages etc). very happy to see that working. I did the .89 update about a month ago. not sure if it did another update to the newest one .99 or whatever it's on, I'll check when I have time but at least the data is reporting and seems to be updating very often, as it does in my scat pack.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So for the first time today I was listening to my phone through CarPlay “Bluetooth not plug” and all of a sudden a loud buzz came through speakers and was unable to turn down volume or power . Then it just rebooted…anyone else have this

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
So for the first time today I was listening to my phone through CarPlay “Bluetooth not plug” and all of a sudden a loud buzz came through speakers and was unable to turn down volume or power . Then it just rebooted…anyone else have this
Sounds like something caused a race condition and the system rebooted.
The race condition could have been caused by the system or the Iphone carplay service.
In either case I would think it will never happen again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just had our '21 RT/TNG in last Friday. I asked about .99 which wasn't applied. :(
They did however, do a flash on the issue you're having. Said it was a recall issue, but I don't see it on my list for our vehicle. We didn't experience it, but there is a fix for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am still having intermittent CarPlay issues. It will drop the connection randomly, sometimes in the middle of a phone call or when using Apple maps for navigation and then pick it right back up a few seconds later. Then there are times when it will drop altogether, and act like the connection won't reconnect. When playing music, it still is extremely glitchy and acts like the bluetooth connection is not working like it should. Music will be playing, because the song actually advances and shows as such on the time bar, but we can't hear it. Then it comes back again like nothing was wrong. Things seem to be exacerbated when another phone (all Apple) is in the car with bluetooth enabled. Sometimes having the other phones shut bluetooth off (in settings, not the control center) makes it function better, sometimes it doesn't.
For me I have noticed I now seem to just roll with it when things happen. Maybe getting used to it being this way. Agreed on the Uconnect 4, was rock solid as when I had my DD in to check this very issue, the dealer put me in a Jeep Compass (talk about no power--lol!) that had Uconnect 4 and it had zero issues. I set it up and it worked the two days I had the vehicle, no issues. Connected right away.
It is funny how I have adapted--I now check to see if the CarPlay logo is on the screen so I can do stuff. If I just see the phone icon, I just look away. Ugh.
I am getting the exact same issue with my 21 Rango RT. CarPlay will randomly disconnect and reconnect. It also happens at precisely the same locations where I frequently drive. Tells me there is a serious communication issue taking place. Whatever the issue is, the local Dodge dealer could not figure out the issue. So it’s pretty pathetic a system like this was not property run thru the ringer given the feature set it touts. Wonder if it’s because it is primary an android based interface?
Regardless, yes…this issue will directly effect my desire to purchase another performance product from Dodge (I have several Mopar products).

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I am getting the exact same issue with my 21 Rango RT. CarPlay will randomly disconnect and reconnect. It also happens at precisely the same locations where I frequently drive. Tells me there is a serious communication issue taking place. Whatever the issue is, the local Dodge dealer could not figure out the issue. So it’s pretty pathetic a system like this was not property run thru the ringer given the feature set it touts. Wonder if it’s because it is primary an android based interface?
Regardless, yes…this issue will directly effect my desire to purchase another performance product from Dodge (I have several Mopar products).
It's not running Android OS it is running Linux. But the Uconnect 5 system is poorly programmed and unless you have .99 firmware, it sucks really really bad. .99 firmware it is just barely OK but with bugs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not running Android OS it is running Linux. But the Uconnect 5 system is poorly programmed and unless you have .99 firmware, it sucks really really bad. .99 firmware it is just barely OK but with bugs.
My bad - I could have swore I read it using an android shell for the OS. Regardless, the system is like hot garbage and I can’t believe it’s so disjointed in performance. I can’t even get the update to download, it won’t connect to my WiFi, nor will the local dodge dealer acknowledge their is a newer update or even an issue. “Performs as expected”. Complete nonsense from all angles. My Ram has the previous gen Uconnect with CarPlay and I can’t wait to use it after I drive the Durango. Very frustrating. It would be one thing if the price of this vehicle was low enough to expect some misgivings in general functionality. But this is beyond the pale.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My bad - I could have swore I read it using an android shell for the OS. Regardless, the system is like hot garbage and I can’t believe it’s so disjointed in performance. I can’t even get the update to download, it won’t connect to my WiFi, nor will the local dodge dealer acknowledge their is a newer update or even an issue. “Performs as expected”. Complete nonsense from all angles. My Ram has the previous gen Uconnect with CarPlay and I can’t wait to use it after I drive the Durango. Very frustrating. It would be one thing if the price of this vehicle was low enough to expect some misgivings in general functionality. But this is beyond the pale.
Android Automotive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
all of a sudden, 2 days ago data started reporting to the uconnect app (meaning the tire pressure, oil life pages etc). very happy to see that working. I did the .89 update about a month ago. not sure if it did another update to the newest one .99 or whatever it's on, I'll check when I have time but at least the data is reporting and seems to be updating very often, as it does in my scat pack.
Can I ask how you are doing the update yourself? I can’t connect to my house wifi or my phone hotspot. Just sits there and spins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not android automotive that's the issue. It's the moron programmers that decide to modify it so much, with other bs. Alexa for voice recognition? Wtf, stick with Google, how about tom tom maps? Wtf again, just use Google. These are true idiots ruining a good platform.
Whatever it is, it beyond enraging how awful it operates. The previous version of Uconnect worked fine (wired) in my other Mopar vehicles. And both CarPlay and android auto was no issue. I can’t believe they released this hot **** sandwich for users to deal with.

·
Registered
433 Posts
And now a message from my wife that she started the truck, and the screen stayed black. Shut it off, started it again, still black.

Seriously?!?

@DodgeCares: what’s the latest? It’s been over a year with this nonsense.
Hi dalcarls,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Dodge Cares

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi dalcarls,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Dodge Cares
Do you have any news on any firmware updates/patches to allow us owners to have a better functioning system? I probably already know the answer given the many comments and threads about this topic….

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rumor was another big update is coming, would be amazing if @DodgeCares could confirm that.
I have seen same rumors. None of the dealers around here know anything (of course) and Dodge is unresponsive. Hope it’s coming, as my frustration level with the interface has me rethinking my next purchase. And yeah, I have several performance Mopar related vehicles. Guess we are stuck in the same boat.

1741 - 1760 of 1805 Posts