Dodge Durango Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
ok I found it here in this thread... i downloaded it, now just trying to get up the courage to install it... I just get scared that something will go wrong lol... right now everything works except for the occasional error that pops up, but then everything works fine except the vehicle data on uconnect won't update anymore...

but on the other hand, why wasn't this sent to me? is it the right update for my car? LOL... last thing I want it to make it worse then be forced to go see dealer to explain why I installed the wrong update and messed up the entire uconnect system lol...

i did goto the mopar vin search site and it did show that an update is needed, however on the uconnect site it shows no software update is available or needed.

maybe I'm overthinking it

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
347 Posts
ok I found it here in this thread... i downloaded it, now just trying to get up the courage to install it... I just get scared that something will go wrong lol... right now everything works except for the occasional error that pops up, but then everything works fine except the vehicle data on uconnect won't update anymore...

but on the other hand, why wasn't this sent to me? is it the right update for my car? LOL... last thing I want it to make it worse then be forced to go see dealer to explain why I installed the wrong update and messed up the entire uconnect system lol...

i did goto the mopar vin search site and it did show that an update is needed, however on the uconnect site it shows no software update is available or needed.

You are over thinking it......

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
so I just put this file on a usb and plug it into the dd? as it is, a zip file I believe? then it will auto install once plugged in? then I think I read here that I have to do a factory reset after the install is done?
Is this the correct process?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts

Go by what Dodge says. Uconnect website is useless

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
so I just put this file on a usb and plug it into the dd? as it is, a zip file I believe? then it will auto install once plugged in? then I think I read here that I have to do a factory reset after the install is done?
Is this the correct process?

Thanks again!
format a usb drive with fat32
copy the zip file onto the drive. DO NOT decomrpes it!
plug the usb drive into the system and it will start the update.
Make sure you factory reset the system after theupdate. The TSB pdf file is in this thread somewhere. It gives instructions how to factory reset the system aftet the upgrade.
it's easy just wait at least an hour after the upgrade and factory reset to get all the uconnect services running with the new firmware.
The update is worth it.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts

I had the same exact issue.. never received a usb drive or notice from Uconnect/dodge. I did just use the file in this thread to update but like you Uconnect data doesn’t update and no over the air updates are coming. Uconnect claims they sent the file over the air twice and there was an error preventing it from loading.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
format a usb drive with fat32
copy the zip file onto the drive. DO NOT decomrpes it!
plug the usb drive into the system and it will start the update.
Make sure you factory reset the system after theupdate. The TSB pdf file is in this thread somewhere. It gives instructions how to factory reset the system aftet the upgrade.
it's easy just wait at least an hour after the upgrade and factory reset to get all the uconnect services running with the new firmware.
The update is worth it.
The Durango will format the drive if it’s wrong format as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had the same exact issue.. never received a usb drive or notice from Uconnect/dodge. I did just use the file in this thread to update but like you Uconnect data doesn’t update and no over the air updates are coming. Uconnect claims they sent the file over the air twice and there was an error preventing it from loading.
so even after the update, the data on uconnect still doesn't update to the app? if it doesn't fix this problem, then there is no reason to do the update for me lol... that's the only issue I am currently experiencing... but it's disappointing as it worked great until about a month ago and I paid for the year, primarily to have that feature working as it's my sons car and he will be out of town at college so I wanted to be able to remotely monitor tires, oil, mileage etc. can anyone else confirm if the update did or didn't fix this issue?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Also does the car have to stay on or running during the update ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
man I sure hope my wife's 22 is fine...........
you really should be in good shape overall. the R17.98 and R17.99 software versions are pretty good as a whole.

yes, there are still some issues. but honestly a lot of what you're seeing posted here is members who are actively looking for these bugs after having dealt with MUCH WORSE software issues for sometimes the better part of a year.

I do not at all blame those members. this is an important issue to them and they are doing our forum a great service by posting their updates.

I've been totally happy with my R17.98 software since I picked up the TNG in early December. yes, I do not use AA so there could very well be ongoing issues with AA or CarPlay. but seriously, we all know Android. what Android system works and interacts flawlessly all the time?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
so even after the update, the data on uconnect still doesn't update to the app? if it doesn't fix this problem, then there is no reason to do the update for me lol... that's the only issue I am currently experiencing... but it's disappointing as it worked great until about a month ago and I paid for the year, primarily to have that feature working as it's my sons car and he will be out of town at college so I wanted to be able to remotely monitor tires, oil, mileage etc. can anyone else confirm if the update did or didn't fix this issue?
Uconnect data hasn’t updated in months now (even on 14.xx version before the update was even a thing). A new radio and the R17.89 update have not solved the issue for me. 4th dealership appointment coming up so maybe I’ll find something out. 😩

you really should be in good shape overall. the R17.98 and R17.99 software versions are pretty good as a whole.

yes, there are still some issues. but honestly a lot of what you're seeing posted here is members who are actively looking for these bugs after having dealt with MUCH WORSE software issues for sometimes the better part of a year.

I do not at all blame those members. this is an important issue to them and they are doing our forum a great service by posting their updates.

I've been totally happy with my R17.98 software since I picked up the TNG in early December. yes, I do not use AA so there could very well be ongoing issues with AA or CarPlay. but seriously, we all know Android. what Android system works and interacts flawlessly all the time?
That’s also a great point… I am stuck on 17.89 so my experience is likely much different than those who have 17.98 and 17.99 revisions.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm really not sure I want to do any update at all.. what is better after the update then before lol?

Starting to question whether it's worth it? what's the benefit?

Everything in mine works perfectly except data updating on the uconnect app (the only feature I actually want to work) but apparently that's not fixed from what I can read here... and what's weird is remote services do work, i.e. remote start, lock, locate vehicle lol.. how can that continue to work but it can't give me the simple data ... very frustrating but again if these updates don't fix the issue then I'm less inclined to do them.

Have any of you done the update and found the data to be working afterwards? Only one of you chimed in on that and said no, S8ER01Z (thank you for the input).

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
My Android tv, and phone work flawlessly. It's not 2009 any more. So your point makes ZERO sense. The issue is with fca engineering, not the os.
Perhaps I'm a little jaded here. I've been a Blackberry guy since 2010. My current Blackberry runs Android and I find I have to reboot it once every week or two because some setting isn't what it's supposed to be.

Back in the 'old days' of 3-5 years ago when Blackberry phones ran BB OS7 and then OS10 the phone just worked, period. Granted those were simpler operating systems that did not have the unlimited customization as Android does today, but they were also better integrated and were surprisingly feature rich for their time. And they just flat worked day in and day out.

Reactions: SALEEN032

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
My Android tv, and phone work flawlessly. It's not 2009 any more. So your point makes ZERO sense. The issue is with fca engineering, not the os.
My current 2020 model Sony tv that runs Android is very stable. Much more so than the 2015 model Sony it replaced. That one had to be hard rebooted every so often.

1581 - 1600 of 1805 Posts