Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
And thank you Jeff! If I didn’t read your response I probably wouldn’t have tried a full delete and re connect , which for now fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
79 Posts
Anyone know a way to get the uconnect to read or display texts when android Auto is connected? I dont get my notifications, which is a PITA.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anyone know a way to get the uconnect to read or display texts when android Auto is connected? I dont get my notifications, which is a PITA.
i wish i knew but I'm not familiar with android... although I can relate when car play wasn't working it was terrible not getting them and seeing them on the screen... hope you get it resolved

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
44 Posts
Get an iPhone :)

Joke asside, I don’t know anything about android, but maybe you need to confirm few setting on your phone, not on uconnect itself?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you go into the Bluetooth settings, you should see a settings gear next to your Durango's Bluetooth connection. Pick that. On the setting screen you should see controls which determine whether the phone will treat that connection as a media player, a phone, allow text messages, and contacts access.
What do you see on that screen?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you Courtney. I will try a reset tonight just in case it's simple. It's just difficult to get to a dealer and lose the car for a day. I was told (here anyways) that there will be an OTA update that will fix this, do you know if that's true? If so, then I'd prefer to just wait for that...
I understand that! Our teams are aware of this concern and are actively working on a resolution. We will keep you all informed on the process and will let you know when there is an update. If you would like me to look into this further to see if there is anything we can do in the meantime, please feel free to reach out!

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I start car I have to push the “ON” button to get screen to come on. Is there a setting that I am missing? I have it on auto display, not sure if that is the right setting or not. Any help would be great, thank you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I understand that! Our teams are aware of this concern and are actively working on a resolution. We will keep you all informed on the process and will let you know when there is an update. If you would like me to look into this further to see if there is anything we can do in the meantime, please feel free to reach out!

Courtney
Dodge Cares
Thank you again. I actually deleted it completely and RE set it up and it’s been working since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don’t think we can expect an update soon as only durango and pacifica run on uconnect 5. If updates are long to come for the uconnect 4 that cover 95% of the FCA fleet I can’t imagine for the uconnect 5

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I don’t think we can expect an update soon as only durango and pacifica run on uconnect 5. If updates are long to come for the uconnect 4 that cover 95% of the FCA fleet I can’t imagine for the uconnect 5
I was told by Uconnect to expect two separate updates any day now. One to address functionality of apps and one to address connectivity issues. Uconnect 4 does not have the capability of over the air updates and its several years old. Its about as up to date as it will ever be. Uconnect 5 was released incomplete with missing functions and now has the ability of over the air updates due to the fact that its android based. Updates should be much more frequent with Uconnect 5 in general.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told by Uconnect to expect two separate updates any day now. One to address functionality of apps and one to address connectivity issues. Uconnect 4 does not have the capability of over the air updates and its several years old. Its about as up to date as it will ever be. Uconnect 5 was released incomplete with missing functions and now has the ability of over the air updates due to the fact that its android based. Updates should be much more frequent with Uconnect 5 in general.
My RAM 19' with the 12'' screen was OTA update. All uconnect with NAV does have a built in cellular radio in it and allow OTA update.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you again. I actually deleted it completely and RE set it up and it’s been working since.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that this seems to have resolved your concerns. Should you need any additional assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our @DodgeCares team. Thanks!

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Thanks for the update! I'm glad that this seems to have resolved your concerns. Should you need any additional assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our @DodgeCares team. Thanks!

Courtney
Dodge Cares
@DodgeCares

Courtney,
I was told a few weeks ago by Uconnect customer service to expect an update within two weeks. Can you please reach out to whoever has the most current information and find out when this update is coming out?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
267 Posts
$20CAD or $20US?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts