Dodge Durango Forum banner
1521 - 1540 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Realized my dealer never did actually succes successfully completed the update to. 88 so I did it myself last Friday using the file posted here. Went well. Follled instructions to a T regarding discharging the modules, factory reset etc and I've yet to discover a major issue. Noticed some improvements to Android auto and overall the system is a lot faster to load when starting the car up after it sat for a while.

For those who also used the file.. Did any of you receive the. 99 Ota?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Realized my dealer never did actually succes successfully completed the update to. 88 so I did it myself last Friday using the file posted here. Went well. Follled instructions to a T regarding discharging the modules, factory reset etc and I've yet to discover a major issue. Noticed some improvements to Android auto and overall the system is a lot faster to load when starting the car up after it sat for a while.

For those who also used the file.. Did any of you receive the. 99 Ota?
Yes, if you are on .89 then give it a couple of days and you will get the .99 update OTA (4g cellular). Dodge waitied until 1/1/2022 to start the OTA updates even though we all updated in November with .89 which enables OTA updates. Dodge is late to the party with this system but they are sloooowly getting there. Maybe by end of MY22 we will be sporting the best infotainment system on the market. 🤥;)

·
Registered
2021 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
112 Posts
Yes, if you are on .89 then give it a couple of days and you will get the .99 update OTA (4g cellular). Dodge waitied until 1/1/2022 to start the OTA updates even though we all updated in November with .89 which enables OTA updates. Dodge is late to the party with this system but they are sloooowly getting there. Maybe by end of MY22 we will be sporting the best infotainment system on the market.
no way, our tesla's software shits all over the dodge as much as I love it lol

·
Registered
21 DDRT CLASSIV
165 Posts
Yay so finally got the update. 1 thing I noticed there is an icon on the left top corner that drops down a temperature control. No, I did not have this previously. Also I can now control both sides vs just one. Anyone else have different features besides now being able to create 2nd profile?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
no way, our tesla's software shits all over the dodge as much as I love it lol
This is what people should be paying attention to with this EV future. If dodge can’t manage software they are going to absolutely fail in an environment where the software takes center stage.

I heard from Uconnect today and the 99 update hasn’t even been pushed for my vehicle so I shouldn’t expect an OTA for some time I guess. I love my DDHC but Dodge (Uconnect?) really needs to get their stuff together.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
69 Posts
Curious, does your updated version allow you the option to choose various avatars? Like SRT or HellCat

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
Odd.
Did you get it done at the dealer or use the file from the forums here? (I used the latter).
File from the forums. The dealer failed to update my radio twice, ordered me a new radio… replaced the radio and failed to update the new radio. The file on this site worked right away and took ~20 minutes.
According to Uconnect rep my DDHC wasn’t initially included in the recall? It’s also not setup in the system to get the OTA push for some reason. 😞

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
File from the forums. The dealer failed to update my radio twice, ordered me a new radio… replaced the radio and failed to update the new radio. The file on this site worked right away and took ~20 minutes.
According to Uconnect rep my DDHC wasn’t initially included in the recall? It’s also not setup in the system to get the OTA push for some reason. 😞
Your dealer would have no clue if your DDHC is setup for OTA or not. They are banana heads (for lack of a much more descriptive term)
If you updated your radio to .89 using the file, then your truck will get .99 OTA plain and simple.

Reactions: SALEEN032

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
Your dealer would have no clue if your DDHC is setup for OTA or not. They are banana heads (for lack of a much more descriptive term)
If you updated your radio to .89 using the file, then your truck will get .99 OTA plain and simple.
Yeah the rep I am talking with is from the Uconnect office and not the dealership. If they don’t know what’s going on (and they might not) then we are all in trouble. 😂

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Yeah the rep I am talking with is from the Uconnect office and not the dealership. If they don’t know what’s going on (and they might not) then we are all in trouble. 😂
Trust me, Uconnect reps know zilch. I have been lied to by them, talked to by them like I am stupid as the college woman I was speaking with giggles with her friend sitting next to her.
One rep told me he is friends with a programming engineer and promised me an update. LIE
Another rep simply K-Lined me because (I think) was asking too many questions while showing all the issues with the system. @DodgeCares had to talk to uconnect for me and get me another rep to speak with.
I was also told there is no escalation within Uconnect meaning you are stuck with stupid young people answers who are most likely temps.
if you are at .89 now you will get .99 and if not, once .99 is available I will get it and post it here for you.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
Trust me, Uconnect reps know zilch. I have been lied to by them, talked to by them like I am stupid as the college woman I was speaking with giggles with her friend sitting next to her.
One rep told me he is friends with a programming engineer and promised me an update. LIE
Another rep simply K-Lined me because (I think) was asking too many questions while showing all the issues with the system. @DodgeCares had to talk to uconnect for me and get me another rep to speak with.
I was also told there is no escalation within Uconnect meaning you are stuck with stupid young people answers who are most likely temps.
if you are at .89 now you will get .99 and if not, once .99 is available on DealerConnect I will get it and post it here for you.
Ugh this entire ordeal is already bad enough. Thank you for the insight.. I had been holding out hope these people would know something 😞

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you are at .89 now you will get .99 and if not, once .99 is available on DealerConnect I will get it and post it here for you.
Appreciate your offer on the latter. No OTA to .99 has shown up for me yet. Any day now maybe..? Oh well. What you're describing is indeed ridiculous. Then again - if even Best Buy reps often don't know jack shit about the tech they re selling are our standards too high for dealers? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Appreciate your offer on the latter. No OTA to .99 has shown up for me yet. Any day now maybe..? Oh well. What you're describing is indeed ridiculous. Then again - if even Best Buy reps often don't know jack shit about the tech they re selling are our standards too high for dealers? ;)
My radio update last week while I was in PT. I was getting ready to leave and remote started the Durango. 10 minutes later I get in and there is the Update notice onmy screen and it was updated.
They just started OTA updats 1/11/2022 so 9 days ago so I am sure yours will be getting updated soon. Remember it is not done via wifi, it is done over the 4g connection our trucks have. You do not have to be subscribed to the 4g either. Just sit tight and magically it will get updated!

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
347 Posts
Most people arent putting down $50K or more at Best Buy like they are at the dealer, so I do think they should know their product better....and service depts should try to be up to date with the latest fixes....

Reactions: S8ER01Z
1521 - 1540 of 1805 Posts