Dodge Durango Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1901 Posts

·
Registered
'21 GT Plus Blacktop
12 Posts
OTAs are pushed randomly it may take some time to see it. I still havent gotten it, although I dont drive the truck too often...
Went out to my DD (10/20 build date) this morning to find that it had updated from .89 to .99 overnight, so apparently OTA works. Haven’t noticed anything different and it seems stable for now, but we’ll see…

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the .99 OTA update, simply moving my seat still requires me to change profiles, thus changing my radio volume, loading completely different radio presets and navigation settings, and blocking my screen from any use for 35-45 seconds. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Would it have been so hard to add an option to "Turn User Profiles On/Off"? They were OFF by default when I bought the car. I wish I'd never upgraded my radio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone!
Been following this thread from the shadows. Was curious - how do you guys find the version numbers you're referring to? It doesnt seem to match the build number format in version information under settings?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have a question: do I have to have enabled my car's 4G system to get the OTA updates? If I don't have a separate data plan for my car, do I have to connect uconnect to my phone's wifi hotspot?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
236 Posts
I also have a question: do I have to have enabled my car's 4G system to get the OTA updates? If I don't have a separate data plan for my car, do I have to connect uconnect to my phone's wifi hotspot?
from what I’ve been told by Uconnect no. Dodge can use the cellular modem without us having a hotspot data plan configured. I think it has something to do with the Uconnect service plan so if your outside of the initial Uconnect subscription and not paying for it I probably wouldn’t expect any future updates but since we are all new vehicles we all should have the Uconnect subscription active. If anyone knows different please correct me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
With the .99 OTA update, simply moving my seat still requires me to change profiles, thus changing my radio volume, loading completely different radio presets and navigation settings, and blocking my screen from any use for 35-45 seconds. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Would it have been so hard to add an option to "Turn User Profiles On/Off"? They were OFF by default when I bought the car. I wish I'd never upgraded my radio.
I'm trying to find a copy of the original SW so we can downgrade. No luck unfortunately.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
366 Posts

Your truck wont let you move the seat with the power switch on the side? I do that all the time....

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
I got the .99 update and it is a FAIL

1. Touch beeps do not work
2. Weather map keeps bringing up Nav map which is stupid
3. HVAC controls no longer have the person wearing a helmut no matter which theme (there are only 2) I choose.
4. The loading screen (multi line circles) pops up randomly
5. 4G service is not working
6. middle position seat heating still does not work.
7. I factory reset system and same thing.

There may be more broken items but I could not sit in the Durango any longer (knee was hurting)
I will give the unti a work out this weekend.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,493 ·

3. HVAC controls no longer have the person wearing a helmut no matter which theme (there are only 2) I choose.

There may be more broken items but I could not sit in the Durango any longer (knee was hurting)
Why does this not surprise me? Do you notice any changes or improvements? Only more broken?

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
and FYI there was no option for me to delay the update. I went into PT and there was no notice of a pendingupdate when I shut the durango off.
I came out and it said, hey your system has been update. Check what's new. Well that was a joke, nothing new just the firmware number. DUMB

• Wow
Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
366 Posts

I got the .99 update today. I do have the helmets on one of the themes only......

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
818 Posts
Helmets are on theme 1 only if I remember correctly

1481 - 1500 of 1901 Posts