Dodge Durango Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1587 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
292 Posts
Got the OTA .99 update just now. So for me the wait was 4 weeks.
I dont know if there is any rhyme or reason to the way the updates are pushed OTA. Would @DodgeCares be able to give us an explanation of how the updates are pushed out? Is it by VIN, Is it by in-service date? Is it by area and sales volume?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The system seems pretty stable overall on .99 with the exception of no heat from the seats on the medium setting for me.
mine came factory with R17.98 (November build). I have not turned on OTA updates yet to see if .99 will com through. I have no issues with mine except

1) Medium setting for Heated Seats does nothing.

2) I have not yet really used Android Auto. I'm already used to the standard UConnect phone interface and after reading all of your stories I decided to not learn something new until the bugs have been worked out. ;)

3) Heated Steering Wheel is HOT. not just warm, but way too warm to the point I turn it off as soon as it warms up. I don't think this is a bug though. I think this is just how FCA-Stellantis designed it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
3) Heated Steering Wheel is HOT. not just warm, but way too warm to the point I turn it off as soon as it warms up. I don't think this is a bug though. I think this is just how FCA-Stellantis designed it.
I think this is a Dodge thing... I had a 2018 DDRT and now a 2021DDSRT and the heated wheel on both gets very hot. I have a 2017 Chrysler 300, and the steering wheel only gets warm. Leather covered steering wheels on all of them...

Reactions: DDC

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dealer replaced my radio just now…. Came with old R14 version which I found out when I went to leave. 🤦 Went back in to figure out why it’s not updated (reason for the new radio in the first place) and the tech can’t seem to get the update to work. (Stuck at 16% he says) been here 3 hours now. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
815 Posts
Lame sauce what the heck?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I loaded up R17.89 when I got home without issue (my guess is the young tech (who didn’t quite understand what “formatting fat” is) is doing something wrong. The “Wi-FI unavailable” error is gone on the new radio so maybe I’ll see an OTA update now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I loaded up R17.89 when I got home without issue (my guess is the young tech (who didn’t quite understand what “formatting fat” is) is doing something wrong. The “Wi-FI unavailable” error is gone on the new radio so maybe I’ll see an OTA update now.
OTAs are pushed randomly it may take some time to see it. I still havent gotten it, although I dont drive the truck too often...

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
67 Posts
OTAs are pushed randomly it may take some time to see it. I still havent gotten it, although I dont drive the truck too often...
Honestly this entire thing is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth. I was considering picking up a RedEye to park next to the Durango Hellcat but I may take a look at some other stuff now. DodgeCares seems to be MIA and the Uconnect team seems entirely clueless on this disaster. I guess we should all feel lucky we are getting any updates at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The thought occurs to me that if they can't get the Uconnect to work right what can we expect from their upcoming electric vehicles??????????
Same.. the entire experience will rely on the entertainment system. Since the power train is the same thing that every other car will be offering the UI/infotainment stuff has to be better than everyone else.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
815 Posts
I may consider Dodge for electric down the line, but there is no way in hell I'd be one the guinea pigs with the first year model......of anything really.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,476 ·
Well, my screen went unresponsive... has been that way for 30 minutes. how did everyone fix it? Tried rebooting while driving by holding the power button down. No luck. Maybe when we go back out to the car after dinner it will be working....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Last time that happened to us, I shut the truck off, left and locked the doors, and let it sit for 15 minutes or so. Went back out, unlocked, started it up, and it was back to normal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, my screen went unresponsive... has been that way for 30 minutes. how did everyone fix it? Tried rebooting while driving by holding the power button down. No luck. Maybe when we go back out to the car after dinner it will be working....
The only time I had a black screen I would still see pop ups when I turned the heat off/on so I hit the radio power button and it turned on. :/

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I may consider Dodge for electric down the line, but there is no way in hell I'd be one the guinea pigs with the first year model......of anything really.

Dodge (sad to say) still has many issues with an 8 year old Durango platform that they just can't get right. They can't get Uconnect (which is so easy, with the right project managers) working right, TNG suspension issues, tail light water infiltration issues, poor QC/Paint etc and they expect the public to buy their electric vehicles?

Not sure I would trust a car company that can't program it's way out of a paper Uconnect bag let alone keeping your vehilce safe when it is electric only.

1461 - 1480 of 1587 Posts