Dodge Durango Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1559 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
@DodgeCares Can you tell us when the OTA update will be available for us owners who just got their system updated at the dealer?
it seems the version we updated to is behind what is provided in the latest OTA from 11/15/2021

Thanks

·
Registered
21Jeep GCL, 18/DDGT, MB: S320, E320, 190E
357 Posts
I'm confused, why would you want 1 profile with several seating positions? Seems to negate the fact of having profiles.
You can have a 2nd (or 3rd ...) profile but set it to seat memory 1 or 2.
Because I drive the car most of the times and my wife basically does not have any preferred settings, so instead of having the same exact setup on Uconnect and driver dashboard twice that takes time to load and sometimes it will get confused and mix the two profile settings (for example, my seat position with my wife's profile and vice versa) I just want one profile settings with couple memory seats.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Because I drive the car most of the times and my wife basically does not have any preferred settings, so instead of having the same exact setup on Uconnect and driver dashboard twice that takes time to load and sometimes it will get confused and mix the two profile settings (for example, my seat position with my wife's profile and vice versa) I just want one profile settings with couple memory seats.
Disable profiles. Then button #2 on your door can be set to her seating preference. Then all she has to do is press the button when she gets in.

·
Registered
2021 R/T
10 Posts
uConnect called me & my dealer when the software update came out. Dealer installed the update the next day. uConnect said the software release was coming out on a USB stick within the next month. I still have issues with my phone saying disconnected, but the apple car play says connected while still playing music. Phone says connected via bluetooth & wi-fi during this. Have to reboot radio or go into device manager on uConnect and force a reconnection

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
You could also make a 3rd
uConnect called me & my dealer when the software update came out. Dealer installed the update the next day. uConnect said the software release was coming out on a USB stick within the next month. I still have issues with my phone saying disconnected, but the apple car play says connected while still playing music. Phone says connected via bluetooth & wi-fi during this. Have to reboot radio or go into device manager on uConnect and force a reconnection
The next update (which came out 11/15) fixes Apple and Android connectivity issues. This update should be OTA since newer Durangos got it OTA.

·
Registered
2021 R/T
10 Posts
You could also make a 3rd

The next update (which came out 11/15) fixes Apple and Android connectivity issues. This update should be OTA since newer Durangos got it OTA.
My update was installed on 11/12. This update was released on 11/10, and was not an OTA update, USB only.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
288 Posts
My update was installed on 11/12. This update was released on 11/10, and was not an OTA update, USB only.
Right, your update fixed the problem with the older firmware NOT being able to do OTA updates....So there is still a newer version out there that needs to be sent out to you via OTA....

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m 45 minutes away from a dealer can I just wait for the USB?

I also just had a MASSIVELY loud buzz static come through the speakers while driving. Couldn’t mute or lower it. It’s as if it was at max volume too. Luckily I was pulling up to a light and just held power button down and restarting it killed the noise. Thankfully it was just me and not my baby in the car I would of been real upset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Sykadelick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Got mine updated at the dealer yesterday, picked it up this morning. Still need to explore it a bit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So heres another funny thing...the alpine/harmon kardon thing, well heres the meta data from the update....
ota-required-cache=0
ota-type=AB
post-build=harman/fca_dv2/fca_dv2:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.025/FCA-MY21.R17.89-PROD:user/release-keys
post-build-incremental=FCA-MY21.R17.89-PROD
post-timestamp=1625833125
pre-device=fca_dv2

Alpine, and HK, same as expected.

I actually wish i could go back to original FW. System sounded better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's hilarious!!! But yeah, I don't understand why dodge removed the sirius wp, along with the theme looks dumbed down. Annoying as FCK. Maybe you should share that file?
like this?

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.... this is straight off the USB that was left in the DD, the USB is formatted to FAT32, and the zip is intact on the drive...

yeah, stuff def a lil more basic looking.... i havent tried an OTA since the update to see if i can get to R17.99... the papers says the recall was only to update to R17.89, so looks like we wouldnt get the higher version at the dealer....

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
288 Posts
Downloading it now, and I will try it when I get home . Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Looked over the paperwork that the service departments got. We dont need to unzip the folder, just leave it as is on the USB stick...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks to me like the fonts are generally a little bigger all around. Especially at the top of the display on the pull down bar. There are some text wrapping issues in various parts of the UI as a result of the bigger fonts. They clearly didn't bother to go through every screen to make sure all the buttons, widgets etc. took the bigger text correctly. I know that's really got to be a SHOCKER at this point!

Messing around with the new firmware reminded me that the gauges section of the performance pages actually has 2 pages... the first page has a top row with 3 gauges, and then a second row with only 2. But there is a second page which only has a single gauge. Why didn't they put that single gauge (I think it's is air intake temp) on the first page? There is clearly room for a third item on row two! STUPID.

Also... why in the hell do we have to press "Launch performance pages" once we've already selected the performance tab?

Grrrrrr... bad software bugs me, but when things are this obvious it really pisses me off.

1221 - 1240 of 1559 Posts