Dodge Durango Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your dealer is being stupid. Bring this front page of the attached file to them
I received a voicemail from FCA Canada about my case is they said my build is not part of the Y25. This is driving me insane, how else am I supposed to update from build R14? I believe my Durango was built in April. Waiting for them to call back again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received a voicemail from FCA Canada about my case is they said my build is not part of the Y25. This is driving me insane, how else am I supposed to update from build R14? I believe my Durango was built in April. Waiting for them to call back again.
This is my first, and probably last Dodge/Chrysler vehicle. I really like the Durango, but the service issue is real. Who's running this company?

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T AWD, blacktop package; captain's chairs; sunroof
22 Posts
they are not releasing the update on usb/download. The specialized dealer needs to update it with a usb...yes that's right, you need to waste a day at the dealer for a 10 min job.
Had my Durango radio updated with the new version last week. Only took about 30 minutes at the dealership. If they can't provide you the quick service you deserve, I would find a different dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
It seems the latest OTA update started on 11/19/2021 and is a phased rollout
The OTA is done over 4G cellular and not wifi.
WD - Current Level R17.73 Update to R17.99 on 11/19/2021

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:Customers may experience one or more of the following:
•Radio resets at times (WD and RU only).
•BluetoothTdisconnects (WD and RU only).
•Intermittent display screen blank (WD and RU only).
•Radio slow to respond and lockup (WD and RU only).
•Radio inoperative intermittently (WD and RU only).
•Apps not able to update (WL only).

Additional enhancement included with this software update:
•CarPlayTand Android Auto improvements and robustness added.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had my Durango radio updated with the new version last week. Only took about 30 minutes at the dealership. If they can't provide you the quick service you deserve, I would find a different dealer.
Yeah, well. I'm not lucky like you. Every dealer within 60 miles of me, need the vehicle for the day. Idiots should allow us to download the file. Totally moronic on their part.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Anyone know if there's a way to link both seat presets to the same profile? Its automatically making a second profile for the number 2 seat preset. Really annoying. I always wanted multiple users and now its the most annoying thing ever!!
Yes, go into the profile settings and you can set which seating settings work with that particular profile.

·
Registered
21Jeep GCL, 18/DDGT, MB: S320, E320, 190E
356 Posts
I can't figure it out. Its driving me nuts.
I too tried to have ONE profile with several seating position but apparently You cannot, I deleted the second profile and kept one profile only, every time I hit #2 for memory seats, it will create a second profile automatically.
"Note: this is on the 10.1 Uconnect on my Jeep GCL and not the Durango but it is basically the same system."

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,212 ·
I too tried to have ONE profile with several seating position but apparently You cannot, I deleted the second profile and kept one profile only, every time I hit #2 for memory seats, it will create a second profile automatically.
"Note: this is on the 10.1 Uconnect on my Jeep GCL and not the Durango but it is basically the same system."
Damnit this sucks.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
56 Posts
Maybe I am an idiot...but when I bring up the weather app and go into Maps, can we blow up the image to see details?

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I'm confused, why would you want 1 profile with several seating positions? Seems to negate the fact of having profiles.
You can have a 2nd (or 3rd ...) profile but set it to seat memory 1 or 2.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,217 ·
I'm confused, why would you want 1 profile with several seating positions? Seems to negate the fact of having profiles.
You can have a 2nd (or 3rd ...) profile but set it to seat memory 1 or 2.
Because it takes sooo dang long to switch profiles. Also, its my wife's car, so she uses it 75% of the time, 20% of the time I'm driving with my wife and daughters in the car, they like all the kids stations etc so I would use my wife's profile and my seat preset. The only reason I would want my own profile is for the 5% of the time that I am in the car alone. At first I thought the multiple profiles sounded like a great idea, now I think its completely worthless and a pain the ass...

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Because it takes sooo dang long to switch profiles. Also, its my wife's car, so she uses it 75% of the time, 20% of the time I'm driving with my wife and daughters in the car, they like all the kids stations etc so I would use my wife's profile and my seat preset. The only reason I would want my own profile is for the 5% of the time that I am in the car alone. At first I thought the multiple profiles sounded like a great idea, now I think its completely worthless and a pain the ass...
38 seconds to switch profiles I decided was not long at all. yes it is like watching water boil but 38 seconds is faster then windows or MAC changing profiles :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
@DodgeCares ... How in the hell can a software bug get into the wild on a brand new radio which prevents OTA updates? A completely new stack including hardware, OS, and applications is going to have bugs. Anybody with a clue would know this. You clearly did, as you advertise the advantages of being able to apply OTA updates. Heck, even your previous radio used OTA updates - for EXACTLY this reason.

It's almost like you never TESTED the new system's ability to receive OTA updates. Did you actually test ANYTHING?

LOL - I read an early review touting the developers for Uconnect5 were from Carnegie Mellon University. As a Maryland Computer Science grad I'm literally laughing my ass off. I guess it couldn't possibly be the fault of anybody from CMU, or Uconnect, or Dodge. So, who DID you use for testing?

View attachment 118291
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the concerns you're having! Due to the complexity of some of our software updates, not all software updates can be released as an OTA update. However, if you're currently experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system. please don't hesitate to send us a private message with more information. We'd be happy to take a look into that for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

• Haha
Reactions: Sykadelick
1201 - 1220 of 1277 Posts